TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: new TDP FM: The Fiend

krompac

new TDP FM: The Fiend

Finally it's ready. You can get it from Thief Underground (http://www.3dap.com/thief)

Enjoy!

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I'll have it up at the Keep on an easy download link within the hour

------------------

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Okay, it's all set up now - happy downloading!

------------------

RobinG

Good job! Probably one of the best cemeteries ever seen in a FM. There are two or three scary moments really good achieved. Simple but useful and clear history with tons of enemies to avoid or fight. I felt myself immerse into the game. Congratulations for this very nice “debut”.

Garrettwannabe

Thanks for the level. A lot of fun with some really cool special effects and Garrett responses - makes for good gameplay and an interesting story (nice touch when you grab the book - maybe a sequel is in the plans?) . I agree that the cemetary is really well done as well as I thought the AI count and also placement of AI's was great for the gameplay.

Thanks again for the FM!

------------------
    SSDD- "the Adventures of Garrett" - Coming soon from Apache and Garrettwannabe.....

WillieSutton

The Fiend was a blast. Straightforward Bafford-style thieving on the outside, zombie goodness on the inside.

The architecture is well-planned and well-executed. Not a lot of spectacular terrain flourishes, but absolutely no distracting, half-assed shoebox architecture. Very polished.

Lots of guards to put down, lots of shadows to hide unconscious bodies. Some genuine scares -- I jumped three times during gameplay. Played through on Expert in about an hour.

Great work; I had a lot of fun with this one.

------------------
    See AMAZING SCREENS of ABANDONED, UNFINISHED THIEF LEVELS!

http://www.geocities.com/williesutton2000/index.html

[This message has been edited by WillieSutton (edited March 01, 2001).]

krompac

Originally posted by Garrettwannabe:
    (nice touch when you grab the book - maybe a sequel is in the plans?)
    All I want to do right now is to take a rest from dromeding :-) and play all fan missions I did not have time for. Editing was fun but it was also a bit exhausting (starring at comp screen the whole day at work + sweating over the DromEd during weekends). But I know that after some time I'll feel the need to do something similar, so the sequel is not lost yet :-)

Thanks for playing my mission!

AznDoDo

SPOILER NEEDED

Where is Vitrate ( i think that his name )?

And where the entrance to the cementries?

I'm a horrible explorer I found one locked door, looks like it at the basement but no key for it. Got the book and everything.

AznDoDo

Nevermind, I beat it, I didn't see the door on the other side of the library.

Wynne

Three consecutive jump-out-of-your-seat-and-give-a-little-scream scares for me. Nicely done; I'm a jaded horror fan, so it didn't scare me but it definitely surprised and chilled me, which usually doesn't happen. I laugh all the way through movies like Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street bored me.

Tonamel

Just finished it, and I must say, you did a good job! One minute playing... the next goes something like: "AHHHHHHH EBIL THINGS!!!"

Very cool

Tonamel

Keeper Hellzon

Good indeed!!!!

------------------
    Webmaster of the keepers' library, and violent member of SIDE.
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - P. Ehrlich

Spitter

I've played it, and it's DAMN GOOD!!

This level is really good. All you taffers out there, don't care about krompac's low number of posts, because the level is VERY good, probably the best T1 FM I've played in a looooooooong time.

Cheers, and keep it up! I loved every single aspect of your level, krompac.

------------------
    A malfunction! -- A brother of Karras. -- Dangerous conditions!

Geller's Pride screenshots. For Thief 1, ETA - When It's Done (tm)

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Screenshots of "The Fiend" up at the Keep - a great mission, with some genuinely surprizing moments and an AWESOME graveyard!

------------------

Sperry

really fun