TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

Just to clear a thing or tow up, the sewer door on easy is pickable but not the higher settings, unless you're inside.
    I'll also fix up child boy so he'll die as he should asap.
    Mazur

FM: Durant

Hmm, anyone know a proper way to open the vault door in "Durant"? i've tried the ore>cog>gear machine-thing..
    this is what puzzles me..can i enter all four numbers at once or do i have to look for more ores..? can't seem to find any more.
    i've been through the mansion, sewers.. everything! (well almost)

any suggestions?

Thanks,

WJ

You can only find one piece of ore. I believe I read that you can only try to open the vault ONCE, so if you tried it before you made the cog, it probably won't work. The mission creator also said "There's more than one way to skin a cat" (or something to that effect) so I suspect there may be another way to open it. I found an explosive device. Maybe you can blow it open? That's only speculation. I haven't tried it. If you have a save before you tried to open it the first time, I'd suggest going back and trying from there.

you might want to try going into the room adjoining the control room by the sewer door which has the haunt behind it (i hope thats a clear enough description!!). in there, when i clicked on one of the jars it gave me "acidic" water arrows!! i never tried to do anything with them (too busy), so tell me what happens with them please; i may never get around to it!!
    "That'll learn ya ........... except your dead!"

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

The acidic arrows are what you use to destroy the prototype (little golden child). Unfortunately, the objective for that seems to be buggy, and won't tick off. It's still a great mission, though.S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Well..the Explosive Device in itself doesn't do anything to the door(triggered by a fire arrow)
    i'm going to try something with the Ore-Cog machine in combination with the explosive device and the stuff that was lying in the supply room.

WJ

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: Warmjazz ]

'tis most definitely a fantastic mission!!

very close to a gold hammer me thinks!! or at least maannnnyyyy silvers!!!!!!!

me also thinks that the earth is flat but thats just me!!

have i ever talked about my pet ashtray? he's very obedient!!
    "That'll learn ya ........... except your dead!"

FM: Durant

Am I actually suppose to find the "Durant" painting in this level? If so, a small hint please. I've completed every objective except the loot, where I'm short just 50 gold pieces.

I don't believe you can actually find the painting. I didn't anyways!

FM Durant: question on using vine arrows

I'm in the manor courtyard and, trying to get inside avoiding the troops, I was about to use the vine arrow to climb on the roof of two small towers in the corners of courtyard (those with grate), but I can't succeed in climbing: pressing "space" when on the edge of the roof I bounce back and fracture my knees

can that action be performed and am I wrong in pressing the right keys?
    or should I have to try another way in?

I wasn't sure exactly where you meant so I went into the game and looked. I think I know where you mean now. I tried and couldn't get up on that roof either, but I don't think it would really get you anywhere. If you are playing on the easiest setting, check out the vines up against the house. If you're on a harder setting, you need to look for a different way in.

thanks, I'm goin' in

Durant

Just like to know whether there is a blackjack on the first time entry to safehouse ?

You won't find the blackjack in the safehouse. Read the note upstairs, then you have to go exploring.

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    You won't find the blackjack in the safehouse. Read the note upstairs, then you have to go exploring.
    Yes.. I know.. I just like to test out the new forum

BTW Nightwalker.. have you fixed your PC freeze or lock up problem..

I am no expert

The problem seems to be.
    1. your CPU(Athlon900?) is overheating when under load
    i.e while playing Thief !!
    2. Tried a different Video card...

For problem 1. yuou can tried taking out the
    panels if at all possible..

Go to this Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Durant problems-spoilers

It seems like I've gone verywhere, done everything. I've taken out every guard/mechanist/zombie/you-name-it and I have explored all the streets, the apartments, the mechanist building, what looks like the entire mansion, the entire art place, the sewers, the tombs, and the empty building that leads to the rooftops. I read everything I found (and boy was it a lot). And I still have no idea how to foil whats his name and find the painting. Perhaps I missed something in all the books I read. But I can find no where to go.

Spoiler:
    Perhaps this is nothing new but I found out how to get on top of the mechanist building and right up to the tower thingie. You just use a vine arrow on the metal grating above the back entrance neer that green garage door. And you can get onto the streets you aren't supposed to get to.

top roping sharga!! but unfortunately i couldn't find the painting either

The painting bit is a bit confusing. I don't think you CAN really find it. To foil Lord Rammstein you have to
    Spoiler:
    find a blank shipping label. It's in an office off of the first floor hallway. Write the label with the pen beside it and then go stick it on the big crate in the shipping room with the label that lights up. Then go back and visit the ghost.

Ok, thank you. I'll try that.

Spoiler:
    I did find the blank label and figured it was for something since there was a note locked in the drawer next to it but I never saw the pen beside it.

Yes, I really like to explore and I found that little vine trick to be extremely exciting.

Spoiler:
    This is kinda dumb but...if you grab a remote camera orb and throw it over the spiked fence in the streetcorner with the streetlight in it, located next to the mechanist front entrance you will have an excellent view of space. Its a high throw but deffinitely possible. So there actually is a use for those things besides looking at yourself.

But what exactly happened to the painting? I know it was sold to the guy at the manor, and Karras wanted it, but did he get it?

Ok, I get it now. It makes sense since its right before casing the joint. Thanks for the help.

When I looked at the stats I noticed that there were two secrets that I missed. Anyone want to help me out on those? I figured that little elevator triggered by the
    Spoiler:
    toilet handle
    was a secret, but apparently not.

I found both of them the first time I played, but I can only remember one.
    Spoiler:
    It's an invisibility potion on the roof opposite the inn roof.There is a grate in the eave that you can vine arrow up. (I think that's the right building. It's the one with the chimney you can climb down.)

I'm pretty sure you have to find the other secret to get the loot goal on Expert.

Spoiler:
    In the wine cellar of Rammstein's house there's a cabinet you can smash open that has a bottle of wine that looks like a junk bottle but is actually loot.

Ok, thanks guys, I'll check those out.

Gone, but never forgotten

Durant

Bonjour,

Je suis bloquée dans cette très bonne fan, je n'arrive pas à cocher le dernier objectif qui est de détruire l'enfant de Karras et je n'ai pas non plus trouvé le deuxième secret.

i'd love to help but i can't speak french

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast