TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

Gone, but never forgotten

Hello,
    I am blocked in this very good fan, I do not manage to tick the last objective which is to destroy the child of Karras, I also have made(did) a cog with Cog and I did not either find the second secret.
    Ps: this message was translated with an automatic translator

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    I hope you can translate back to French! There is a problem with this mission, and the final objective to destroy the child of Karras will not tick off. If you found the acid arrows, and used them on the small golden child, then you did what you were supposed to. For the two secrets, one is an invisibility potion on a rooftop across from the pub roof, and the second is somewhere in the mansion. I think it is a bottle of wine that doesn't look valuable, but is. When you pick it up, the second secret is discovered. I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly where it is.
    If you made the cog and got it out of the machine upstairs, you can now open the exhibition house door, de Perrins, I think it is called. You are very brave to play a mission where all the clues are written in a language you don't understand! Bon Chance!

Bonjour,
    Sur le forum suivant http://thief2.cli.fr/for.htm , nous jouons avec les fan missions et il y en a 5 de traduites en français.Pour comprendre le missions je traduis tous les fichiers textes, et ensuite je recherche le bon.
    J'espère que la bouteille me comblera l'objectif qui concerne l'argent car il me manque 43 po, l'enfant doré je l'avais tué avec les flèches d'acide mais comme l'objectif ne se cochait pas, je pensais m'être trompée de cible.
    Merci beaucoup pour la réponse.

Hello,
    On the forum following one http://thief2.cli.fr/for.htm, we play with fan missions and there is 5 of translated into French. To understand missions I translate all the files texts, and then I look for the check.
    I hope that the bottle will fill me the objective which concerns the money(silver) because I am missing 43 po, the gold-coloured child I had killed him with the arrows of acid but as the objective did not mark, I thought of having made a mistake about target.
    Thank you very much for answer.

Welcome, its nice to see that people from all over the world play, and make, fms (including china )

My recent post should help you out in this area if you're still stuck. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/cgi-bin/u...&f=32&t=000053

Hopefully you can understand it, the secrets are described along with a little somthing I found myself.
    Hope to see you around here more.

§

Bonjour,
    Je viens juste de trouver la bouteille qui est aussi le 2° secret et qui comble l'objectif pillage.
    L'enfant doré est bien mort, je suis aussi dans la Safehouse et la mission ne se termine pas car l'objectif "Tuer l'enfant de Karras " n'est toujours pas coché.
    Est-ce normal ?

-----------------------------------------
    Hello,
    I have just just found the bottle which is also the 2 ° secret and which fills the objective plunder.
    The gold-coloured child died well, I am also in Safehouse and mission does not end because the objective " To kill the child of Karras " is not always marked.
    Is it normal?

Yes, it is normal. I e-mailed the creator of the Fan Mission to ask about this, and he said it was an error in the mission, but his computer was broken, so he couldn't fix it. If you have completed all the other objectives, you have finished the mission. Well done! It's a tough one.

Originally posted by Skeptic Intruder:
    I'm pretty sure you have to find the other secret to get the loot goal on Expert.

Spoiler:
    In the wine cellar of Rammstein's house there's a cabinet you can smash open that has a bottle of wine that looks like a junk bottle but is actually loot.
    Spoiler:
    Actually, you don't need to smash open that cabinet. There's a frobbable switch for it somewhere in the room.

Cheers,
    Martek

How do you kill he "child" what is it and where is it?
    The Lost Portal

Out Now!--"The Karrassinian Threat"

Spoiler:
    It's wanders around in the chapel building. I never saw it until I had the objective to get rid of it. In one of the rooms downstairs (by the red sewer door) there is a jug. If you pick it up, it registers as "acid arrows". Those kill it, but the objective (at least as far as I know) doesn't tick off. I never could get it to. I e-mail the mission creator, and he said it must have gotten messed up in the last version.

Actually I found its location long before I saw it. The door to its "hiding place" is in the dark office right when you enter the front doors to the mech building, its a little stratched out and you can hit it with your sword. I'm not sure what triggers the child to come out though. It might be the ending of the conversation between the two mechanists in the lower factory.

§

Thank you, Sharga! I tried to figure out what was going on with that spot in the office, but I never did. Now you've solved the mystery for me.

[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

No problem. I had totally forgotten about it too, even after seeing the child...but I hapened to walk by there angain only to peer in and see a big fat chunk missing in the wall and suddenly I was enlightened.

The child leaves its cubby hole after Garrett takes the elevator to the 3rd floor ... can't tell however, if its just before or after he enters the room with the monkey.

Speaking of which, damn that monkey was funney! Though I don't support animal abuse that has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in an fm yet (or OM for that matter)

NoCokePepsi

Durant: Question and Comments

*** SPOILER WARNING ***

I just finished Durant. A solid mission overall, though I didn't care for the no-KO rule on highest difficulty. I ended up playing it on Hard instead.

I noticed what others have: killing the golden child doesn't check off, so that one cannot get the end of mission and stats.

Anyway, after I had achieved all goals, I decided to have some fun. I went back into the antique dealers' house and caused a commotion. It's hard to describe what happened, but I managed to get one of the fellows to knock out his bosom companion(!) and then he got himself killed by the turrets in his own gallery!

I have a question: What was the rotating coat-hook for in the antique dealer's front room (behind the counter). I found I could turn it and it would stay turned for about eight seconds, then resume its original position. But I couldn't for the life of me find out what it did. Can anyone tell me?

[ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: NoCokePepsi ]

Yes, I can tell you.
    Spoiler:
    There is another button you push upstairs, then you come down and turn the coathook, and a safe opens. There is a note in the room upstairs that says he's added the extra button so his partner can't get into it by himself.

NoCokePepsi

Wow! Thanks, Nightwalker.

You don't miss a thing, do you?

Where is the blackjack?

In fan mission Durant, where do you find the blackjack? I can't find it anywhere..
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Sep 2012 at 12:00.

Spoiler:
    It's been awhile since I played this one, but I'm pretty sure it's with the rest of the stuff in the hotel. Have you been there yet? The easiest way to get there is on the ledges.

Spoiler:
    I went to the safehouse, and i found all the other gear (lockpick, flares, assorted aarows) but I couldn't find the blackjack anywhere in there.

Spoiler:
    It's not in the safehouse. It's in the Hotel. It should be on your map. You need to go out of the safe house, turn left and go down the street past the limping, drunk guard. There is a dumpster at the end of the street. Climb in, use a box to climb up onto the back side, and a box to mantle up onto the wall behind that. You will find yourself on a flat rooftop. Go straight across and up onto the ledge. Walk down there to the corner, go around it and keep going till you come to an open window. That's the room you need.

thanks!

FM Durant Final Released

Hiya taffers:

Finally I had the time to update and finalize Durant. Here is a list of what changes that have been done:

Changes since beta last January 11th 2001:
    *Resolved the problem with an AI that is connected to an objective on certain difficulty levels. ( silly me inserted the wrong AI )
    *Loanstar converted the wavs to make the total file size *Placed all ladders facing in the proper direction.
    *Added Dagger to 1 particular Ai.
    *Also I did not mention in the txt initially, but the player should be aware that the AI's sight has been enhanced and tweaked allowing them to see further. Also a couple of models lgs did not use are used sparingly in Durant. One in particular is quite fast and agile.
    *Assorted Aesthetic adjustments.
    *Wynne corrected and enhanced the books.
    *Undertow's handywork on an exisiting LGS skin is added.
    *There are 2 pickpockets that are unaccounted for that I cannot fathom a solution to. 16/18 is a perfect score.
    I have been thiefless since last winter when my computer died, but now I managed to get my new one thiefable once again =) My next project in the works is for the T2x project.
    Thank you all for your kind emails and I hope you have as much fun playing as I did creating.

To grab it now, you can get it here:
    http://hometown.aol.com/xxdonsaysxx/durant.zip

Or if you have trouble with that link as it's aohell's it'll be on the circle hosted by Jason Tibbitts (thanks again Jason).
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=143

Komag and Despot, please feel free to add the links to your excellent sites as well as anyone else who wishes to do so.

Don
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Sep 2012 at 12:02.

I'd like to download now, but that server does not support resuming in my getright and I've already lost the connection at 4MB...when you move it on a better server, I will be the first one to download it!
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Thiefmissions.com

I was out of town all day so I've just now been able to put this mission up on my site. But it's there now, so the folks having problems grabbing it from AOL can get it from my site instead.
    - J<

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast