TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

Thanks again Jason. Pardon me as i test out the sig.
    T2 FM: Durant
    durant.zip

Ok, take two.
    durant.zip

Guess the S&R cd frob proxy bounds trigger didn't work. Lets hope 3's the charm.
    durant.zip

I've played a lot of FMs, but very few have motivated me to play them to the end, and on every difficulty level at that. Durant is one of those few. Splendid mission. Get it while supplies last!

Thief2X

Whoa!!!
    I've never seen Avalon say anything like that about an FM before!!
    I must take a screenshot before he changes his mind

...and if he does he shall cop a righteous head-butting

Durant (help wanted)

I am trying to finish Durant. This is a top notch mission. Following might contain spoilers.. so read on at own risk................................................................................................ ....................................................ok I have managed to knock out or kill all the guards and maybe this is backwards, but I waited till towards the end (at 3 hours and 55 minutes so far) to meet with the guy in the crypt. Just one problem how do you trigger his reappearance. I managed to find the cubby hole in the mansion, but that wasn't it. Or do I have to restart? I guess I am losing the storyline or something. Is it tied to the shipping label? am I even close?. rats..
    ps I already got the safe at the two art dealers as well as everthing else that wasn't nailed down. he he.

You have to write a new shipping label and stick it on the big crate with the label that lights up. Then you can go back to the ghost.

thanks Nightwalker.

durant crashes

I have recently started playing Durant and nearly every time i play it freezes my computer. Is this a common problem or is it just me?

I never had any problems with the original version. I just downloaded and started playing the newest release and it seems to be working fine so far. You could try deleteing the mission and re-downloading it, in case something was corrupted the first time.

May i ask what your computer stats are? Also, when did the crash occur? My computer is rather low end, and that intermittent problem occured once during my testing only when loading. I have a dinosaur P2 400, 8 meg vid accelerator (monstor 3dII) 128 ram. If you close down thief maybe reboot (cold) and close out any programs running in the backround it'll help for low end machines. I always play T2 on a fresh boot cause this slug of a machine is terrible.
    durant.zip

"Durant" question - SPOILERS

I've been playing the fixed version of Durant that was released recently. I finished it, but there was one part that puzzled me. I had to block open the gate to the showroom at Grimworth and de Perrin's with a box because I couldn't find a way to open it from the inside. I'm sure when I played it before that there was a button or something inside that opened the gate so you could get out, but I can't find it. Does anybody know if it exists and where it is??

What's the gate doing closed with you behind it? I think it should only close if the cameras spot you. Avoid being spotted by them and it won't close. If it does, get spotted agian and it'll open. There's no switch on that side, but you should still be able to use the key, maybe with a little leaning.

eh, is that what you were asking?

That's the right spot. The cameras were already destroyed, thanks to some acid arrows. I couldn't reach the lock to use the key and the gate just seems to close automatically after a few seconds.

Anybody else?

I just checked the portculis. I see what could have cause that problem to arise. The right thing for me to do there was to make the cam dudes only able to shut the door and not open it. Skeptic intruder is right, the cam dude's control the door so if you trip it while inside and get hung up, they'll open it when they go on full alert. Thanks for pointing out that mishap nightwalker, i didn't give enough thought to it. Next time i'll ask ya to beta ;P
    durant.zip

Thanks, Mazur! This mission is a truly great thiefing experience and a true test of your sneaking skills. [Thumbs Up!]

Me too. Playing recently re-released version. Great mission!

At this area, I shot out the cams with fire arrows, then opened the gate with the key to get in. In fact, just fooling around, opened the outer doors with explosives. Anyway, first time I opened the gate, it closed again after a few seconds. Opened it a second time and it stayed open.

My question, however, in the foyer, there are a few coathooks, one of which is frobbable. I frobbed it, and it too, after a few seconds reset itself. What does it do??? I hunted around and couldn't find anything changed, opened, closed, raised, lowered, secret passageways.

Thanks.

Go check out the bedrooms upstairs. You'll find a book that will explain what you need to know about the coathook.

Durant - Alarm Switch?

I'm playing the T2 FM "Durant" on the hardest difficulty level, I read somewhere about a master kill switch for the alarm in the master bedroom of the Rammstein estate, however I can't seem to find it. Has anyone out there found this switch?

Johnny
    Cry Havoc & .........

I never could find that switch, though I found the same clue about it. I only found the switch in the other, upstairs room that turns it off temporarily. I'd be interested to know if it really exists and, if so, where.

The master kill switch is still keyed into the timer system, you'll get 15 mins of offtime either way. To get to it, simply frob the telescope outside of the master bedroom then quickly dart inside and it's behind the painting along with a safe with loot. Yes i know that's evil of me to do. My intial intent with the alarm system woulda been better if i was able to include a new guard set of sounds. I woulda liked to have some ai's yell out "alarm" if aware of player and only a few that actually pressed the buttons. Would be a nice feature for t3 in my opinion.

Mazur

Marvellous, Mazur! I've often wondered it that switch really existed and now I know for sure! (It would have been way too easy if you could shut off the alarms permanently, IMHO).

So the switch does exist, marvelous! I thought maybe I was just being taffed. You can't blame a thief for wanting to exploit every possible avenue, though a master thief wouldn't have set off the alarm in the first place! thanx mazur for the insight & for your excellent FM.

JB
    Cry Havoc & .........

I have the bow upgrade

Durant secrets

May I get some vague clues to finding both secrets for the FM Durant?

One's on a rooftop and one's in the mansion.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast