TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

I have the bow upgrade
    Thanks!

Durant is incredible!!

Love, love LOVE this mission!! I can't stop playing it...I haven't finished it yet, but so far can't see any reason to give it less than 9 silver hammers (and maybe more). The plotting, the customization (enemies, sounds, etc.), the creepiness of it and the way the story develops all have me in awe. Plus, it's good and challenging--I was really craving a mission that didn't seem over too quickly (no chance of that here!). 3 thumbs up--I am gonna get another one surgically attached just to rate this mission!

I agree with you totally. This is a terrific mission and great fun to play.

Durant documents?

OK, Durant is still one of my very favorite missions, but I'm stuck now, even after reading all the threads I could find. I couldn't find any threads dealing with the problem I'm having, so maybe I'm just a hopeless taffer, but could someone please help me find all the relevant correspondence? I can't get it to check off! I'm playing on Normal. I've felled nearly everyone, and had quite some fun too:

spoiler:
    I blew up a couple of guards with the explosive charge (weehaa!), lobbed frogbeast eggs at the guards in front of Rammstein's manor from the adjacent roof, even went back to the crypt area and wasted the one sleeping zombie with my unused holy water so I could get the goblet she was clutching. I've destroyed the cameras in Grimworth & DePerrin's place and took everything there. In fact, I've taken everything that wasn't nailed down, even gone back to the safehouse to see if more supplies appeared. The only person still standing is the hooker in the jail, and I just left her there. I even killed the mechanical child even though that wasn't on the Normal objectives list. I didn't get the secret invisibility potion, 'cause I saw it near the beginning of the mission but now I can't remember where, and there's no one to avoid anymore anyway. I also can't do the shipping label thing, because there is no pen, but that wasn't on the objective list anyhow.

Can someone give me a list of the documents I'm supposed to get? I can't get that objective to check off, and I feel like I've looked everywhere (but obviously not). How many of these documents are there? Does anyone remember their locations? Any help greatly appreciated; this mission has been a BLAST but it's time to put it to bed!

There isn't a list of documents, because that's not what it turns out that you have to get. I think you've missed a few steps and in doing so, not triggered a couple of objectives that you have to finish before you can complete the documents one. You said there was no pen in place to readdress the crate, but that you didn't have that objective anyways. You need to have it. After you got our weapons from the hotel room and met the ghost, he told you to go meet him in the crypts. You MUST do that and then you get the objective to ruin Rammstien. (It sounds like you've been to the crypts already. The ghost should have been in the back corner of the second room. If he wasn't there, you may have hit a bug.) After you have that objective, then go back to Rammstien's house and the pen should be there. Re-address the crate, then go back to the crypts (you don't have to go inside this time. The ghost is waiting outside the doors for you) and you'll get another objective. When you complete it, the "documents" one ticks off, too.

You also don't get the objective to "kill" the golden child unless you read the right piece of text, though I don't believe that will affect whether you can finish the mission or not.

Sorry I took so long to answer, but I had to go replay the beginning of the mission on Normal to make sure it was the same as on Expert.

Long?!? My post wasn't even cold yet!! Nightwalker, you're a marvel!
    Somehow I knew it would be you who would aid me; you're always there for everyone. Thanks a bunch, gonna go try and find that durn dead guy now!

No dice for me...

Welp, I guess the ghost got tired of waiting for me (I'm up to almost 5 hours of mission time) and went away. I couldn't get him to show up in the crypt, no matter what I did. Guess I'll just replay the mission on Hard sometime and try to get things in the right order

I just recently ran into someone else who had the exact same problem. When they restarted, it worked perfectly, so let's hope it does for you too. I don't think this is a very common bug. It's too bad you hit it. The mission is well worth replaying, though. It's a gem.

Durant Question

Hmm... Given that I can't, at my advanced age [a geezer of 37], master quoting properly in the forums, I won't attempt a spoiler cover. So....
    Spoiler warning!!!!!

I am attempting to complete Durant, but running into two problems:
    I can't find the second lockpick; and the ghost never materializes for his first appearance. Instead, while swimming the sewers, the 'new objectives' appear mid-swim, despite having visited the crypt earlier. I tried reloading, but that did nothing.
    This is all while played on 'normal'.
    This really looks like a great mission so far, so any hints would be welcome.

It sounds like you may have hit some bugs. The new objective shouldn't appear until you've met the ghost in the crypt. You missed your lockpick in the hotel room. Go into the closet and frob one of the coathooks to find a hidden weapons stash that includes the lockpick.

I'd suggest dumping the mission, redownloading it and starting over if you're running into problems already. You could run into more problems.

Spoiler cover is easy, by the way. Look above the square that you type your post in and you'll see a little rectangle that says "Spoiler". Just click on it and a text box pops up in the upper left corner of the screen. Type what you want hidden in there and then click OK. It will be placed in your post with blue covering the words.

(If an old lady like me can figure it out, a young sprig like you should be able to manage it! )

Thanks Nightwalker! You have already answered a multitude of mission questions for me when I only lurked these forums, so I owe you a million and one.
    Old Lady?! Puhleeze!!
    spoiler:
    I saw your age in one of the Durant threads; a woman in her 50's is not an old lady. I saw an old girlfriend last week who is now 57, and she's still extremely sexy. FYI: we started seeing each other when I was 17 so maybe I like them mature, or perhaps they like me immature!

Thanks again, you are a goddess!

You're very good for my ego!

I just discovered this WONDERFUL mission about a week ago and am stuck on something that apparently no one else is having problems with.

Where is the crypt?

I've done just about everything there is to do in this mission and still haven't found the crypt. So I can't meet the ghost and can't get the new objectives. I have gone swimming in the sewers until I stink but still can't find the ghost or the crypts. I found a mechanist guy patrolling and I thought he was an enemy so I killed him with a fire arrow. That wasn't the guy I was supposed to meet, was it? I hope not because if it was, I'll have to start all over again.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

*C*

It's on the left as you swim towards the pipe that leads to the well under the mansion. If it helps, it's really close to the sewer entrance in front of the art dealer's house.

Thank you! I had entered through that sewer opening before but didn't look behind me. Shame on me! Since I couldn't find this area early in the game, I have only 2 water arrows at this point and can't pick my way into the crypt doors. So I will probably have to start over but at least now I know where to go. But that reminds me... how DO I get into those doors? Neither of my lockpicks appears to work. Did I miss something?

Thanks again, Anarchic Fox!

*C*

There's a haunt patrolling on a ledge down in the sewers. (He's just outside the basement door from the Mechanist building, but you can find him by just sloshing around down there. You don't have to come through the building.) He has the crypt key.

If I remember right, it's on
    spoiler:
    the belt of the haunt that patrols beneath the Mechanist complex. This creature can be found by swimming to one end of the sewer system.

Otherwise, try searching the Mechanist church and the hotel room.

BANNED
    Jump in sewer, keep going till you find what looks like may be a dead end with 2 grates, go away, get angry, kill someone then look in that one place again, examine the haunt, oooooo, a shiney thing, tis be a key. Pickpocket, backstab or duel the haunt for its key, go to crypt. Use key on door, the doors 'magicaly' open

(Note: May be more than 1 dead end looking grated, oh well you know what I mean!)

Durant - Expert

I've read the most recent messages regards this FM, but it doesn't speak to my problem.

Everything is done except for 2 things. My loot total is only 2632 (need 2650). So close !!!!
    And I missed one of the 2 secrets. But I think I know where it is.
    spoiler:
    Inside the front entrance to Grimworth & dePerrin building, you turn left to a coat check? area. One of the wall hangers turns when frobbed. But I can't find what it opens. Is this the second secret. Or is it tied in with a small red button you push upstairs in someones room, which also doesn't seem to do anything. I read a letter somewhere that mentioned two things had to be triggered at the same time. Awkward to do with patrols lurking around.

As far as getting the extra 18 in loot, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I found the coin in the pool. That was pretty obscure. Most of the others were easy enough to spot. I'm hoping there is some loot where the second secret is. I spent a long long time on this FM, but it is very enjoyable.

spoiler:
    You have to go upstairs and push that button, then go back down and frob the coathook. A painting on the wall moves, but only for a short period of time and then it closes again, so you have to be quick to get the loot. That should give you enough to finish.Did you find the secret hiding place in the master bedroom of the mansion? If you frob the telescope on the balcony and run back into the bedroom quickly, you'll see a painting in there has moved aside to show you some loot and a kill button for the house alarm. As for the secrets, one is in the mansion and one is on a rooftop.

Thank you very much. Just enough of a hint to steer me in the right direction for that second secret. I was wrong on my first guess on where to start looking. But once I realized something important about
    spoiler:
    leaky eavestroughs
    I got it on the second climb.

The 2 button trigger was hinted at in one of the messages, but I was going in the wrong direction, frobbing the coat hanger first. And it was STILL difficult getting up there to open the safe.

Also,
    spoiler:
    Frobbing the telescope I had done a few times before, but never heard anything trigger, so I left it alone.

This was one of the more difficult FM's for me, probably because I couldn't blackjack anybody. And I've noticed, since I started playing Thief 2 FM's, that you can still block the doorway from guards entering, but you can't "lean" through the door and club them. Probably a good thing, as many would consider that cheating. Nice to hear female guards incorporated into the design as well, unlike Thief 1, at least to my experience.

Durant Help!

Can anybody help me?

I'm playing the newest Version of Durant on 'Don's Style' and don't know how to kill the child.

spoiler:
    I opened the door downstairs to the sewers hoping the haunt would kill the child. But that didn't work. The mechanists killed the haunt while he was attacking the child .

Can anybody give me a hint how to kill this cog-throwing kid?
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

If it hasn't changed in the newest version, you need to go
    spoiler:
    into a storage room on the same level as the door to the sewers and look for a jug of acidic mixture. When you pick it up, it turns into acid arrows and those destroy the child.

Thank you very much, Nightwalker!

You are

You can't imagine how many of my evenings you've already saved with all your hints in the other threads.
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

Durant FM

Hi,

just downloaded (from Keeper of Metal & Gold) and started Durant FM and went to the safe house. But only found water arrows, one fire arrow, frog eggs, and one pick. Where is the other pick and the blackjack? I thought they were supposed to be in the safe house? Reading other threads it seems there are some bugs and wondering if I downloaded wrong version?

thanks

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast