TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

As I recal another thief has stolen your stuff. It's hard to explain exactly where it is but here's how you get there. (at least it's how I did it.)
    spoiler:
    Find the drunk guard near your safe house. At the end of his route is a trash bin. Get into the bin and then up over the wall. You'll probably need to stack a crate or two. Keeping the building you are next to to your left, follow the ledge along the street for a ways and turn left. Look for a window you can enter. on your left. It's the other thief's room.
    spoiler:
    You stuff is in a hiding place in the room. Careful though as there are a few traps in there too.

Re: Durant FM

Originally posted by war1today
    Where is the other pick and the blackjack? I thought they were supposed to be in the safe house?
    The pagan's diary explains why the equipment is missing.

This is a great mission.

Help with Durant ?

I've got all my stuff blackjack etc, got the golden cog and i've cleared out the whole of Rammstein's mansion so I've got the required loot but I can't work out how to ruin Rammstein and help the ghost.

I read about mazur and if anything happens to that shipment he's ruined but i haven't got a clue what to do about it.

Any help would be much appreciated

There's an office up a short set of steps and down a little hallway, down on the main floor. In that office, there's a blank shipping label on the desk and beside it, in a little gold holder, is a pen. If you click on the pen, the label will be written automatically. Once that is done, just take the label to the big warehouse room, also on the first level, and find a crate that you can "USE" it on.

thanks i'll try that, also do you know how to get into the relics building ? Is it by creating a new cog in the mech building ?

Yes, that's right. You should find the instructions in the building.

You can do it that way; climb up and over and then ledge into the room, but I think it's best if you skulk around and do what you can with the one pick you have. If you follow the story line, you'll eventually get to where you need to be to find your missing belongings. Hint: pickpocket every guard you can, you need the keys. Especially
    spoiler:
    the one to the Hotel. Once you are inside, be VERY CAREFUL
    That's all I'll say.

It's a great mission.

FM Durant Q's *possible spoilers*

I did a search for this Fm and got lots of hits but nothing pertaining to my particular problem. I made my way to the hotel and got my stuff, saw the ghost. But how do I get into the sewers. None of the manhole covers open....

The first time, you have to get in through one of the buildings, I believe. Once you have the sewer key, which is found in The Mechanist building, in the chapel and use it, all the sewer hatches open at once. The easiest way that I found to get in was from the rooftop of the Pub. You can go down the chimney into the Pub and there's an easy entrance to the sewer from the basement. There's a pipe you can walk across from the ledges to get over to the rooftop, but I needed a box to stand on to be tall enough to mantle up onto the Pub roof, so it might be a good idea to take one with you (though there may be a better way that I just haven't discovered).

Ah, I had tried to mantle up there myself but couldn't do it. I figured there was another way in... a box on a pipe... I see why it's needed but it doesn't seem Thief like. Thank you Nightwalker.

Stunning
    I may be wrong (very likely actually, haven't played this one in ages) but I remember getting into the sewers by picking the lock on the first manhole cover I found, in front of the hotel if memory serves me right. However, again, don't take my word for this. And don't try to enter the sewers via the red door down in the mechanist workshop area. Or do try if you're into violence.

the manhole right beside the dumpster is lockpickable, you know the one i mean with the drunk guard.

I have saves on Hard, so I went and tried to pick open both of those sewer covers, but there aren't even any "lockpick" sounds. Maybe you can pick them open on Normal?

I am playing on the highest level and you CANNOT lock-pick the manhole covers. I attempted at the one by the drunk and the one in front of the hotel. There are no clicks. Nightwalker, I took your advice and made my way to the sewers. Thank you.

Stunning
    Could be that it's only possible on normal, I never tried on expert, which I normally play on, because of the ehm... 'enhanced' guards.

You cannot lockpick the manhole covers on expert only on normal as has been stated.
    You are also prohibited from killing or blackjacking on expert which is pretty painful....until that is you realise you can lure the guards into the hotel room. I think I had a pile of about 20 bodies by the end of the mission heaped up to the ceiling. Thief don't get no better than that.

I think I had a pile of about 20 bodies by the end of the mission heaped up to the ceiling. Thief don't get no better than that.
    He he
    The problem is choice...

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    [...]There's a pipe you can walk across from the ledges to get over to the rooftop, but I needed a box to stand on to be tall enough to mantle up onto the Pub roof, so it might be a good idea to take one with you (though there may be a better way that I just haven't discovered).
    The box isn't really necessary. I took one running step and jump-mantled on the roof. When you don't actually allow yourself to run on the pipe/metal bar, you'll probably only make one "clunk" noise, or none at all if your timing's right. It's not as difficult as it may seem.

You're right in that the ledge is too high for normal mantling (standing still next to the wall and mantling).

- Mika L

I'll have to try that next time, Mika. Thanks.

Yes... very interesting. I have used that technique before but didn't give it a thought on a pipe over a street.... I always immerse and I envision Garrett doing the tightrope walk over those things... not really a place to get a running start... heh heh

Need help with the FM "Durant"

Okay, so far I have all of my objectives completed (except "don't knock out more than 5 humans" and the loot objective. All I need is 50 loot more and I'm done, but I can't find any anywhere!! The place is completely cleaned out! The only other place I can think to look is in the "Ancient Relic" store on the map, but it's locked and I can't find the gear to open it. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. This mission is a lot of fun- a little too aggravating to be one of my favs - but fun nonetheless. So yeah...please, HELP ME!

locations of hard or forgotton loot,
    spoiler:
    in dumpster, in museum push button upstairs then run downstairs and turn coathook , paintin moves for short time, to reveal loot, also a timer on switches. in pub bhind counter where thief walks round, are bottles and money box. master bedroom frob telescope and run back inside to painting that moves to reveal cash and alarm button. loot outisde one of the secret passage ways with covered furniture, some guards have purses, loot in museum,
    some you may hasve found or all. but some that i could remember off hand since i havent played it in months.

You won't find the gear to get into Grimworth and dePerrin's, you have to make it in the Mechanist building. If you look around, there are instructions on how to do it and you can find the code you need in a book in a bedroom. That will net you quite a bit more loot.

I figured that cog had to be made in that factory, but I can't find the code anywhere!? Uh...thanks for the help you've given already, but is there any possibility of you just telling me where the bedroom with the code is? I'm kinda deductively challenged.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast