TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: T2 FM Durant (Final version released 10/24/2001)

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Help!, im replaying this mission in Expert difficult this time, so far i got only one goal to complete "Destroy the new child of Karras" im inside a mechanist factory, on the thirth (top) floor i found a room with a monkey on a cage and next to him is a safe wich i cant find its code to open it, is the new child of karras inside this safe? where can i find its safe number? i got already a acid arrow, is this the weapon i need to destroy the new child of Karras?
    A real fun challange on a second play through If you plan it right with you can pickpocket the crypt key from the haunt in the sewers by ghosting. Save your game and use your noisemakers to draw the haunt into the mech area. You can get him to take out all the mechanists. Then go make your key and the child will easily take out the haunt. Use your acid arrow on the child and you have complete reign of the place Also you can clear all the bluecoats outside by getting them to chase you into the trap upstairs I've spent hours on it. For such an early mission it really stands up.

I played this one a few years ago on normal. This time i think i tried on Expert. The problem is that i just read the books fast and miss things sometimes. I found the code in book, the one for the third floor machine. But i missed one thing, that it is destroyed after one attempt. I did not used the machine to get the gear in the cellar.
    I have spent many hours with this one, even if i usually not like no knockout FMs. So i do not want to start over

So the question is, are there a way to get the gear anyway? Or get into the building anyway, the one that the gear is for.
    The FM maker said something like "there are more than one way to skin a cat". Does that means there are another way? I tried the explosive, but that did not work.
    If i there is not another way, i'll wait a couple of years again

Thanks in advance.

If I understand the walkthrough correct, then there might be alternate ways into some mansions, but only if you do not play on Expert.
    It seems that the code machine (or the correct code ?) will work only once.
    So, ... you might want to check these instructions or tcheck he walkthrough (See : The Golden Cog) and see if you messed it up.
    1. collect Ore
    2. use Ore in Ore-Cog Template machine and get the Gear Template
    3. use Gear Template in Gear Transform Machine
    4. walk upstairs and enter the correct code

I have messed it up. Some buttons does not work after i tested the code once and then continued the game.

On Normal Mode, all I have left to do is 'Gather all Relevant Correspondence' and I've been reading everything that I come across, but I get no reaction whatsover. I'm not sure what relevant correspondence it's referring to.

Archivist
    Hi llanita. The 'Search Thread' function is your friend. I typed in "correspondence" and found this post, which describes the same problem you have. Look at Nightwalker's answer below and it should answer your question . If not, you can post back here. Good luck!

I keep forgetting to use the search thread once i'm in the post I want. I thought I could get away from going to crypt, apparently not. Thanks.

Has anyone run into a bug where the sewer key you steal from the chapel doesn't open the sewer hatches? I was hoping to open the red door to the sewers as well so the haunt could take care of a couple patrols for me, but no go......

did you check for a lock next to sewer hatch,not the door it self but next to it,maybe hidden by some ivy?,i will re-get mission now to see if there is a problem for me

Depends on your difficulty level. On higher difficulties, the sewer key only works on a lockbox in the basement of the Mechanist building.

yep, sorry. Posted this before leaving home then remembered lockboxes as I was pulling out of driveway.

yes just completed on expert and all was in working order,i noticed this mission is one of those do things in certain orders in order for mission to work correctly,great mission

yep, it is also challenging in "Don's Style" (expert), but gives you alternate ways to clear your path. The hotel mat trap, the acid arrows on the cameras, frog beast eggs, the haunt in the sewers, etc.

good for anyone who can ghost this one.

a good oldie to come back to from time to time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789