TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief2 FM - Collector's Greed - 2001-08-05

Thief2 FM - Collector's Greed - 2001-08-05

There is a new Thief2 Fm out called "Collector's Greed". It's not a really large mission, but it's very good. The creator doesn't frequent this forum so I thought I'd let everyone know about it. Enjoy!

Download - The Keep of Metal and Gold
    Last edited by nickie; 4th Mar 2014 at 13:34. Reason: Download link and date added to title

Thanks, Nightwalker! I got it.

I'm playing belboz' Errand Boy right now, though.

This wasn't bad for a first try. If you have some time to kill... DL this one and enjoy..I'll give it a thumbs-up.
    The Miracle of Modern Pharmaceuticals.
    Gotta love them.

Thanks..

Downloading now..

Spoiler:
    What's the forward or backward item? And what's with the wrench, anyway?

bohemian -
    Spoiler:
    I presume you haven't played System Shock 2? The wrench is from it, and kind of a neat weapon for us SS2 fans. It just works like a blackjack. If you don't like it, just don't open the toolbox. I'm a little confused by the rest of your post, though. Forward or backward item? Could explain a little better what you mean?

Well hell...by the time I found the wrench I'd knocked everybody out already. Oh, well...
    Spoiler:
    In the chamber underneath the well there's the two pedistals, and the one says something about "forwards or backwards I am the same" or some such. I put the hand of glory on the other pedistal. I don't know what to put on this one. I assume this is how I get the golden skull.

bohemian -
    Spoiler:
    You need to find the Eye to use on the other side down there. It's hidden in a secret area. All you get down there is an interesting little scene. The golden skull is hidden with the other treasures inside the mansion. If you want to know more, read the next sections.

The Eye -
    Spoiler:
    Go around to the back of the warehouse under construction and you can see a closed secret door in the basement wall. Jump up above and look in the corner behind the shrubs for a lever that opens the door. The Eye is in there.

Skull -
    Spoiler:
    In the bedroom upstairs in the manor, there is a lever on the doorframe, close to the floor. That opens a secret room.

Ok, I did all the stuff you guys have said above, now how do I get into the warehouse?? the door inside isn't frobbable, and the gate outside in the back is locked. Can't be picked, fire arrowed, I have the 2 toolbox keys and they don't work, and I can't see any way to climb onto the roof. Help!!!
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

There's a couple ways.....somewhat gentle nudges below......

Spoiler:

make a stairway inside
    or
    use a vine arrow across the street
    MUTNACSFAEBNHDBAIWAGA :D
    My siteThief Links & Downloads, Dewdrop Tribute, Ricknmel's Arcade, Cars, Music.......
    2 small fun FM's for downloading with a big one ("The Wheel") on its way.
    Sign my guestbook......all the cools taffers do.
    :

3 questions:

1. what is the point of gaining entry to the warehouse? there's nothing in there.

2. how do you get to the chamber underneath the well?

3. where are the basketballs?

thanks.

Answer to questions 1 and 3 : There's a note in the warehouse. Read it. It's near the broken door(the one that is not frobbable). This door cannot be open from outside. Try to find a way in and look carefully at what's inside.

Answer to question 2 : Go to the Lord's house. Find the room with the numerical pad. Read the book that is in this room. You'll know what to do next.

Finally : read everything that is readable. Sometimes it's helpfull.

Spoiler:
    There is something in the warehouse....the basketballs. You need to find a list with the numbers of the cartons. Look for a number that corresponds with a carton to be delivered to a sports store. When you pick the small cartons up in the warehouse, you'll see a number, so just look for the right number and take that box back to the basketball court. You don't actually see the basketballs.

Is the tunnel underneath the wearhouse {the little one with a barred gate underneath the loading dock between the wearhouses} accessable?

I don't believe so. At least I never found a way in. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to e-mail Dewfreak and ask.

I'm stumped on this warehouse. How do I get in? Can't seem to get a vine arrow to stick to anything closeby outside to try a second story entrance. Can't find a weakness in the ceiling from inside to climb into. (Fire arrows on the door does wake up the critter inside the Secret box, and it's not too happy about it.) What am I overlooking?

Viper6 here is how to get in.

Spoiler:
    The open window with the loot in it has a wooden ledge. Rope up to it..turn around and jump over to the tree tops. Then mantle onthe warehouse wall or do the stack and climb technique with the crates.
    Gotta love them.

Thank you Apache, got it. Flat trees now, eh? Clever!

This a pretty neat little mission. Where has this guy been hiding? As a matter of fact, Apache, where have you been hiding?

V6

Taking alittle time off from Dromed for some reallife duties.
    Gotta love them.

Finished it! A good, small mission.

I thought it was a bit odd that:
    Spoiler:
    most of the game objectives are achieved at once upon getting into the secret room. This seems to me to be less than satisfactory, from a game-design standpoint.
    Also:
    Spoiler:
    Basketballs? In the Thief realm? I know there's a basketball in the training mission in T1, but...

I got 3 out of the 4 secrets. Hand of Glory, The Eye, and the little Ceremony below. Anyone know what/where the 4th one is?

4th secret -
    Spoiler:
    Go play basketball.

Thanks Nightwalker. Really clever, this Dewfreak.

I've completed all the objectives except for this:
    Spoiler:
    I've gotten into the warehouse but I can't find the basketballs. I've checked all the crates but none of them seem to open. I've also tried smashing all of them but only the small ones will smash and no basketballs show up.

Any help?

NickD:

Spoiler:
    Pick up all of the smaller crates, and you should find one that has a number instead of the name 'crate'...That crate has the basket balls in it.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Deep Shadow ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast