TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Tuttocomb's Tomb

Gone, but never forgotten

Tuttocomb's Tomb

J'essaye de finir Tuttocomb's Tomb et j'ai trouvé le 1° et le 3° crâne (l'objectif ne se coche pas).
    Je ne trouve pas le 2° crâne, ni la corne.
    Je joue cette fm en expert, mais elle est très sombre.

I try to finish Of Tuttocomb Tomb and I found the 1° and the 3° skull (the objective does not mark).
    I do not find the 2° skull, nor the horn.
    I play this fm in expert, but it is very dark.

Lady Jo - I can't tell you where the second skull is, but I do know where to find the horn. You have to get all the way up to the surface. It is hard to describe where things are in this mission, because so much of it looks the same, but I'll try. There is one part where you end up in a big room with a huge pillar up the middle and there is a second floor ledge up above that you can climb stairs to. In the North East corner of the balcony, there is a broken spot you can crawl through. Follow through here, until you come to what looks like a dead end. If you look up, there are beams above you. You can rope arrow up there, and you'll end up in another building section. It is a square with a room built into the middle. In that room, look up and you will see a wooden beam across the top. Rope arrow up there and that takes you to the surface. That is where I found the Horn. I was not playing on Expert, but hopefully, it is the same.

Je ne puis pas vous dire qu'où le deuxième crâne est, mais je sais où trouver le klaxon. Vous devez obtenir toute la voie jusqu' à la surface. Il est difficile de décrire où les choses sont dans cette mission, parce que tellement d'elle regarde la même chose, mais j'essayerai. Il y a une part où vous terminez vers le haut dans une grande salle avec un pilier énorme vers le haut du milieu et il y a un deuxième rebord de plancher vers le haut au-dessus de celui que vous pouvez monter des escaliers à. Dans le coin est du nord du balcon, il y a une tache cassée que vous pouvez ramper à travers. Suivez à travers ici, jusqu'à ce que vous veniez à ce qui ressemble une extrémité morte. Si vous recherchez, il y a des faisceaux au-dessus de vous. Vous pouvez flèche de corde vers le haut là, et vous terminerez vers le haut dans une autre section de bâtiment. C'est à angle droit avec une salle établie dans le milieu. Dans cette chambre, recherchez et vous verrez un faisceau en bois à travers le dessus. Flèche de corde vers le haut là et ce prises vous sur la surface. C'est où j'ai trouvé le klaxon. Je ne jouais pas sur l'expert, mais si tout va bien, c'est pareil.

Gone, but never forgotten

MerciNightwalker,
    Je vois bien l'endroit et la poutre au plafond mais je ne peux pas monter car je n'ai pas de flèche à corde et je n'en ai pas trouvé dans le niveau encore

Thank you Nightwalker,
    I see well the place and the beam in the ceiling but I can not rise because I have no arrow with rope and I did not there find in the level still

Just happened to be passing through...

looking for help with this furshlugginer FM. The rope arrows needed to pick-pocketed (pick-quivered?)
    spoiler:
    off a guard carrrying a sword, of all things.

Just started this mission. Where do I go? I think I'm supposed to go in the water, but all I can find is a boulder. (rubble) I've explored the tunnel area, but it just seems to go in a circle. What direction am I supposed to go in?

Stauf

Ditto That

Ditto the last. I must have lost my edge since creating Stronghold. In fact, I know there are a couple of floating objects in Stronghold that I should fix, but probably won't. Now, I'm enjoying this Sperry Thang ... and waiting for T3. Like a good little thief. Anyway, back to Tuttocomb. What's with the water cave? I've grabbed the rock and taken it out into the clearing, where I've used it in variou ways to smash things and step up onto things. The cave seems to be a loop.
    Taffer Logic

I found this thread searching for where the Horn was (found it, finished the level, thanks). I noticed two questions went unanswered, so if anyone is still wondering:

1. Second golden skull

spoiler:
    The Captain's Log mentions an eternal flame veiling yet more treasure. There's a prominent flame that needs to be extinguished.

2. Water cave at start

spoiler:
    It's easy to get lost here. This is hard to describe, but once you go forward and spin around, you might expect to go one way (but that will just go in a circle) but to the right there's another exit. You'll know you're there when you see a greenish entrance.

Good luck, this is one of the toughest FMs I've played.

Missing supplies on Expert?

I am playing this on expert (master), and I am stuck. I have completed all objectives other than finding the bloodstone.
    spoiler:
    I am pretty sure this must be behind a large metal door in the pillared chamber with a balcony surrounding it. I am pretty sure this door is opened by shooting a water or gas arrow at the "eternal flame" high in the central pillar. I can't find any water or gas arrows, and they aren't available at loadout. Note that the objectives on expert are different -- there is only one skull to find, so I guess that room contains the bloodstone, not a skull.
    Am I missing something?

In response to Lady Jo's problem, I eventually found some rope arrows. Before I found them, I got up into the area mentioned by Nightwalker and looted both treasure rooms by stacking crates and zombie torsos. I could not get up to
    spoiler:
    the horn because there are not enough stackable items in the map.
    It is so much easier with rope arrows! The rope arrows are located
    spoiler:
    on a dead body near the entrance to the cave area that contains the wood beams.

I agree: this is definitely one of the hardest missions I have played. Expert seems to have a lot more AI and things to do. It was a real challenge getting rid of AI without a BJ and with a no-kill objective. The method I used was mainly to
    spoiler:
    do a lot of running and hiding and to lure guards into fights with undead. Killed fire elementals with my sword.
    Sperry and JIS have a lot in common.

I'm in the room with the arrow traps, but don't know how to open the seal to get the 2nd skull. Any hints?

Put out the fire in the niche above.

No, I did that already, and got through the door that opened. But then there is another door protecting the 2nd skull. There are two fires on altars in that room, but when I put those out nothing happens.

Well, don't remember that part clearly, but there seems to be pressure plate, which you need put something on.

I already feared it was a pressure plate, because that means it's not working for me.

Well, it's the only thing left to do, so I consider this mission finished. Thanks for your help!

Resurrect This Tomb

There are more than 2 questions I have, but if these 2 can be answered, I'll be happy.

1. Where Chahriyar is found...if you carry on in the dark tunnel, past a few more spiders, you come to this small "room" (ground lit by a few mushrooms) with a sloping wall. It appears to be a dead end, except where the sloping wall meets the ceiling there's a vertical passage way way up to somewhere. You can rope arrow to the ceiling, but can't access this vent. My guess is that you're supposed to find your way here from the other direction. That is, jump down the vent and slide down the slope to arrive in this room. So....how do you find your way to that spot in the mission?

2. Not too far into the mission, you come upon a large room with a rectangular pool. There are 6 fat pillars very close together west of the pool and 2 pillars with a coffin between them on the east side of the pool. If you look up to the ceiling over the pool, you'll see some wooden planks. They look in pretty rough shape and rope arrows won't penetrate them. Again, it looks like you're supposed to find your way up there, then crash through INTO the pool. There is no way of getting up there from the ground. How do you get up there?

I know I'm asking a lot, particularly from a Thief 1 mission over 10-12 years old, but the walkthrough is no longer available and what the hell, maybe advertizing this mission will prompt people to want to play it again.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Clock; 13th Sep 2012 at 17:30. Reason: fix typo

Thiefmissions.com

Hmm, sad that the walkthrough link is broken. At least some of it survives on the wayback machine, though. Take a look at http://web.archive.org/web/200210150...ipsChoose.html

I'll try and salvage what I can and throw it up on thiefmissions in place of the broken link that's there now.

Edit: the important parts of what I could get are at http://thiefmissions.com/walkthrough...combsTomb.html
    Last edited by epithumia; 13th Sep 2012 at 18:17.

Here, have a look at my walkthrough, i'm sure it can help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0jk0...ure=plpp_video

1. You can find a tunnel at the start of the temple section, wich lead you here

2. Same as the above, but at a different place if I remenber correctly

- those places are hidden, you have to fumble in the dark a little to find them; But again, look at my videos

let me take some opportunities questions here; does anyone know if sperry still work on his missions ? I really liked every FM he made and i'm eager to play brainchild 2 or the shadow of doubt remake

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    Hmm, sad that the walkthrough link is broken. At least some of it survives on the wayback machine, though. Take a look at http://web.archive.org/web/200210150...ipsChoose.html

I'll try and salvage what I can and throw it up on thiefmissions in place of the broken link that's there now.

Edit: the important parts of what I could get are at http://thiefmissions.com/walkthrough...combsTomb.html
    Thanks Epithumia. I've never used the wayback machine. Sounds like a great concept for really old fan missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post

- those places are hidden, you have to fumble in the dark a little to find them; But again, look at my videos

let me take some opportunities questions here; does anyone know if sperry still work on his missions ? I really liked every FM he made and i'm eager to play brainchild 2 or the shadow of doubt remake
    I must say, I NEVER thought of looking in YouTube for a video walkthrough on such an old fan mission. Thanks for the link, and a real BIG thanks for taking the time to do this.

I don't know about others, but I carried a guard around after I BJ'd him and used his lantern to light the way. It wasn't perfect, but it helped. I guess even with that miniscule bit of lighting, I missed the detour that takes me to those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post

Marvellous...that one crouch tunnel answered BOTH my questions ! Thanks for the video Squadarofl. I don't think anyone could have adequeately written how to find it.

Now to go through the walkthrough Epithumia linked for me and find some other answers.