TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BurgoMaster FM - 2001.11.08

BurgoMaster FM - 2001.11.08

Seems people are having a little trouble with my fm... Maybe I should post a walk-through?
    Let me just say that if you can sneak out of the prison the guards in town won't bother you... they don't know who you are and have no reason to suspect you... unless they see you being 'naughty' of course!
    Actually the ais in town shouldn't even hear the prison alarm... so I don't think they would get alerted that way.

Let me know what you think of it so far... shameless plug...
    well? what do you think? hehe...

Spoiler:
    Not bad... I was a little disappointed when I whacked that Hammer novice and found out those doors don't go anywhere...*pout*.The prison was a nice challenge what with the blackjack Garrett appearantly left at his gf's place on the other side of town. The zombie scared the bejesus outta me! I didn't quite get the crypt, though. I guess Mr. Burgomaster cleaned the place out?
    [Thumbs Up!]

Your mission is the only one I have gotten to work so far and I haven't gotten out of the cell yet. I can't get the key to work. Yes please post a walkthrough. I'm so new to this that I make new look old.

hehe... you have to use the key on the lock box... not the door. you should see it above you on the right side.

Ps how do I read the part that says spoiler? It seems to have been removed so I don't know what bohemian was trying to write to me.

Just hold down your left mouse button and drag it across the blue section. Then you can read the words. It's just to protect people from reading information that would spoil the mission for them.

I just started your mission, by the way, and it's fun so far. [Thumbs Up!]

Hi Builder
    So nice to meet ya!

Possible Spoilers below:

I've been playing Your FM (On Expert) for the past 3 days now and
    having a great time. Getting out of jail was a bit challanging
    but I finally made it out, and in a couple of differnt ways.
    My first was going on a hack&slash spree, which allowed
    me the time(with the alarm driving me crazy all the time) to look around and figure out how to do it without
    hurting anyone(except for Aarhus) on my second try. The first try
    was more fun, but I was down to only 5 shields, so I opted for the second to continue from. I did have to cheat tho and come here and find out where the darn lockbox for the cell was......It's a bit hard to find.

I made great progress tonight tho.
    I've got the BurgoMaster stashed in a corner knocked out, and now I'm trying to decide what to do with the scoundrel.
    Throw him in a nice warm toasty fire?
    Toss him in the moat outside of the prison and listen to him go glub, glub,aaaaaargh?
    Use him like a pincushion? Climb up on a rope arrow and throw him on the ground? Hack him into little pieces? Or maybe I'll just let my Zombie friend play with him for a little while........
    Nothing seems befitting enough compared to what he was going to do to my Garrett and preying on the townfloks like he was.

I'll make a choice as I'm wondering around trying to figure out how to get the MaxLoot.
    I've got my 2000 objective now and am 700 short of Max. Not sure where that last 700 is, seems to be a whole lot of looto, not to be able to find it.
    So far I've got 28 guards KO'd and 4 dead and 2 playing with the Zombie.

There is a place to the north of where you get the lock picks, you can see someone walking around the yard through the 3 windows in the stone wall. I haven't gotten into there yet and not really sure if you can. It's not really on the map. Can you get in there in there??
    I was gonna see if maybe some kind of roof hopping might get me in. Maybe that is where some more goodies are hiding.

OK Techy Time:
    So far my only real problems have been towards the top of alot of the stairs. I seem to get stuck(can't move) alot, It seems like you can't creep, you have to get a pretty good walk to make it up. Ocassionly I get some kind of flashes on the screen, more towards the top of the screen, not the whole screen flashing. Also some of your objects like trees and chairs seem to have a very wide boundry around them and you can't get real close to them which makes it hard to get around or near them. A few times the guards have sounded like they are in the same room or closer than they are, when actualy they are further away.

I like that most of the guards are easy to sword when you have to, and most of them are pretty unawares and easy to BJ. I like how there is dark places close to where you BJ floks so you don't have to run a mile to stash their bodies. The ambient lighting is good, and your ladders work well. I've had no major bugs or glitches, like crashing or freezes or anything. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Gonna go play some more BurgoMaster now and have a taffin good time

Nightbird

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Nightbird ]

Thanks NightBird! I appreciate all the feedback! Yeah... I noticed that too about the stairs but I could never figure out to fix it. [erg] Anyway I'm glad you are enjoying it!

[Thumbs Up!]

I initially had given up playing this mission when I thought...
    Spoiler:
    there wasn't a blackjack in it and I was having a lot of trouble getting out of the prison. Then I read in one of these threads that there is a blackjack so I decided to give it another try. I'm really glad I did. This has turned out to be a really fun mission. I love human missions where there are lots of areas to explore and lots of humans to knock out so this is my kind of mission.

I'm not finished though I've been playing a few hours each of the last 3 nights. It took me forever to find my way out of the prison.

I have a couple of questions.

1. There's a guy inside a little room at the back of the mansion. He's bald and carries a mace. Is he the burgomaster? I let the zombie kill him and the 'kill burgomaster' didn't check off. I wasn't sure if that was because the zombie killed him instead of me or because it wasn't the burgomaster.

2. In the city area there's a second story room with a window that I can rope arrow up to. I can't get into the window but I can see the guy and a book and some loot on the table. I got the loot but I can't reach the book. I can see a door on the other side of the room. Is there some way for me to get into that room so I can read the book? Don't tell me how to do it (yet); just whether it is possible.

Thanks for the great mission.

This is a very good mission, but God help the player who doesn't see the switch next to the bed in the servant's little house. This happened to me, and I was miserable for a couple of hours trying to slog through with only a sword and no lockpicks. Arggh!

Ugh! [Tsk Tsk]
    I guess I didn't realize how difficult this mission would turn out to be... it's so hard to judge. I'm really sorry folks have been having so much trouble!
    Yes... that is the BurgoMaster in the back of the mansion with the mace (I used the Ramirez model). I never anticipated the zombie getting him. I guess you have to kill him yourself for the objective to click off.
    About that little room with the guy in it... I've had quite a few folks ask me about this. I'm sorry to say that you cannot get in there and the book is just a prop that you cannot read. I just thought it would cool to have a little room that you could rope up to and grab some loot. But it seems it's quite tantilizing and people really want to get in there! Also you cannot get into the area with the round stone windows (the little courtyard) with the Hammer Novice.
    I tried to make it little harder by having the player need to work for the BJ... But as long as you sneak along it's quite possible.
    Anyway... thanks for all the feedback guys! It's makes me feel good to know people have enjoyed the fm...

Well actually you CAN get into that area ... you just can't get back out.

When I first started the mission, I thought "Oh no, another mission with Garrett in a dark prison cell and no tools". I was happy to be proven wrong once I got out to the city. Personally I didn't find the sword until I was almost finished the mission, and I was 1/3 of the way through before I found the blackjack. It was a lot of fun dealing with all those guards knowing I had only a blunt instrument to defend myself.

Overall, I'd say the mission was very challenging but never unfair or frustrating. It's a job well done.

Rommel

You did a fine job, Hengist.
    Spoiler:
    I just wish I had been more thorough in searching the servant's room! (Was there a clue anywhere that the lockpicks would be there? If there was, then shame on me for missing it.)
    Anyway, I found my mistake here on the forum, and once I did, I went back and enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for a solid mission.

I'm downloading it now. Wanna see who the hell is that Burgomaster

I had the same initial reaction as Rommel, thinking "Not another get out of a jail cell......." but once I got going, I realized there was a lot more to this mission than that and I really enjoyed it. Thanks very much, Hengist, for a very interesting mission. [Thumbs Up!]

Yeah..I admit I didn't finish it yet but I'm on the right way [Thumbs Up!] The prison section was a little bit to easy, but the seciont in the city is amazing. The mission is complete in almost every its aspects, some minor bugs excluded. Now that I have weapons and pickings I have to find a way to Burgomaster...wish me luck

p.s. Hengist, my good man, it's a great mission. I will put it into my private FM collection, 'cause it's worth Thank you. I can't wait your next mission, I'm sure it will be even better
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Gee... thanks guys! Really appreciate all the positive feedback!
    I had no idea you could get into that area with the round windows... I actually thought I had made the windows too small to squeeze through. Guess I didn't?
    And yes there is a major clue that the lockpicks are in the house. If you read the diary it tells you

Fallen+Keeper could you give me a link to your site? Thanks
    I'm starting to think about another mission... but... well... I get completely obsessed with it. Takes ALL my time... then my wife gets mad at me for spending all my free time on the computer.
    hehe... but I think my next one will be better designed because I now understand building principles much better. For BurgoMaster I had no clue... and polys were flying out of control.
    Also I wonder why everyone is making missions for T2. Personally I like the 'feel' of T1 much better. Just seems darker and creepier.

High polys are not a problem My Athlon 1Ghz eats them as if they were cookies

I have no site, my good man I intended my personal collection on my pc, that is FM's that I never eliminate from my HD.

[quote]Originally posted by Hengist:
    Gee... thanks guys! Really appreciate all the positive feedback!
    I had no idea you could get into that area with the round windows... I actually thought I had made the windows too small to squeeze through. Guess I didn't?

It wasn't necessary to squeeze through the windows to get in that area. It's one of the things I love about this game, that I can do things even the level designers never thought possible.

Rommel

Thanks, Hengist, for your time and effort to make this great mission! It was really fun to play. Loved the zombie.

Damn it! I didnīt found the blackjack so I must almost kill erverybody in Burgomasters house! I thougt that a blackjack must be in the Weaponsmithshop but thereīre only Broadheads. Ok, I made it as an Assasin but in the area around Burgomastes house it was really frustraiting because I had to kill all guards on the front gate to get in! I couldnīt find the key to the back door but Burgomaster came out as I killed the guard before.

But all in all it was fun! [Thumbs Up!]

But I donīt like the police in this time of Thief!

Was that all good english?

Doh! [Eww...]
    That must've been hard! Geeez how'd you kill all those toughboys? My hat is off to you if you completed this whole mission without a blackjack!
    Spoiler:
    Look in the apartment house by the police station... on the first floor in that apartment. In the chest is the blackjack.

Oh, as I get in the door opens and a guard came in and I ran the steps down. Later I came back but there is a chair in bad position (jumping over is impossible!) so I forgot something in this room...

Every guard needed 3 overhead hits to kill him so I do it to end. [Angel]

The servent in the streets got a "house key" but I never used this key! For what house is the key?

Spoiler:
    The house key is to the house with the lockpicks... but I guess you must have gotten in there already!

I'm not sure what room with the chair you mean...

The Chair-romm is that room where you came in at first with help of the rope-arrow! (the police station, down the street is a guard patroling and two guards standing in front of the gate to town sqare) Left goes the steps down and right is the door that opens and a guard came in. In front there is a table with some chairs and one chair near the door is impossible to overjump it, for me in this moment, so I jumped up and down and the guard is hitting me...

Is the blackjack in that house where I found the ropearrows in the box? A servant were inside and run out! And downstairs is a locked door. Hmm, I think this is the first house were you can get in.

Oh, the servant ran to the guards and I ran back to the canal and wait a little time. Then I gone back to the house, open the door and...oh no! A guard is waiting for me! Hu, fast back to the canal but later I killed him and forgot the house...

Spoiler:
    BlackJack is in the house with the two apartments by the police station. In the first floor apartment in a chest you will find it

Gotta get that BlackJack... it's the only way to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast