TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Stuck again....The Ties That Bind

Stuck again....The Ties That Bind

Maybe I'm getting old and should play some other game, but I'm again stuck in one of the contest FMs...'The Ties That Bind'

I was at the apothecary, the frob shop, the sewers, the spooky house (and as far as I know I did everything that could be done there) and I got the soap and the cheese from you know where. But I haven't seen any spider yet, found no excellent bottle of wine and I'm stuck in that small courtyard. I think I should visit the Keepers next, but I have no idea how to do it. I was able to force the door open, but I think that's not what I'm supposed to do, because then I'm again stuck in that room. I think the window above is the way to go, but how can I reach it?

bukary1

Here's bukary (not bukary1).. I'm not at home, I don't remember my password so I registered again just to help you.

a)
    Spoiler:
    I don't remember exactly but the bottle of vine is probably in the Keepers' place (in the office).

b)
    Spoiler:
    To get to the Keepers' Library you can shoot a rope arrow in the wood above the balcony.

c)
    Spoiler:
    To find a spider frob one of the books in the Keepers building (on the second floor).

I've played all contest missions and "The Ties That Bind" is my favourite!!! [Thumbs Up!]

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: bukary1 ]

You don't have to kill the spider - it's a hidden objective. See the "How to fix" thread for the solution to the corrupted objectives file in this mission.

bukary1, I tried hint b), but I can't get on top (I fall back down all the time) and even by viewing the mission in Dromed I couldn't see how I might get there!?

[Edit]
    I'm just sooo dumb! Now I know which wood you meant. Thanks, I finished the mission (sort of)!

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Bumbleson ]

This mission is great, but i'm a bit dense. How do you find the lost herring?

spiderkat -
    Spoiler:
    Go into the Keeper's library. You rope arrow up to the balcony as mentioned above. Inside, there is a coat hook that you can frob that opens a secret door into a passageway. Go in there, down stairs, into the Cold Storage Room and look on the very top shelf.

John and Eric were tossing it around the other day......

Spoiler:
    it's in the fridge room, but above the other ones............................................jump up.....

How about that last "mystery" objective folks ? I have everything else checked off , I have been all through the mission , and I'm taffin' stumped !

bdkl -
    Spoiler:
    The objectives are all mixed up in this one. The "mystery objective" ticks off when you climb up from the sewers into the courtyard where the mission ends. If you've got all the other ones ticked off, then go for it. If you still have the one that says you need to get to the courtyard unticked, then you've missed something else. Have you found the lost herring and the exquisite frob? I don't remember exactly what ticked off that objective.

I went all over town, even stopped at a Bath & Body Works store (BTW, they're having a sale -- 5-finger discount!). I cannot for the life of me find the soap.

I've done everything else, although I'm not sure why I needed an exquisite frob. I've
    Spoiler:
    killed the doll, disabled the zombie, broken into the frob shop, the keepers library, and the apothecary shop. I broke up a mousie meeting, killed a spider on steroids, found a flying fish, and knocked out all of the keepers (cause I'm proud I'm able to sneak up on them!).

Thanks for your help!!!

To get the cheese and the soap:

Spoiler:
    In the house where the zombie is, there's also a room with a woman in it. On a table in that room is the gourmet cheese and at the bathtub you'll find the soap.

Wow...now I feel dumb. Thanks!!!

Since I wasn't smart enough to think of using a rope arrow I found another way to get in.
    Spoiler:
    Climb up the ladder that leads to the house with the zombie. Now mantle on the roof. From there you can jump onto the apothecary sign. It might take a few tries. Then you can jump close enough to the lever above the keepers place to lower the ladder and you can climb up the ladder to get in! I think even spiderman would be proud!