TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 23 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 2 & 3: 'Shore Leave' and 'Up Shit Creek' (28/8/2001)

TTGM 2 & 3: 'Shore Leave' and 'Up Shit Creek' (28/8/2001)

My new Thief 2 fan missions TTGM:Shore Leave & TTGM:Up shit creek are now available, check links to download.

http://www.daboys.co.uk/index.html (also contains hints, pictures and background)
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/shorecreek1
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

Note: This is a two mission campaign, so when you get to the end of TTGM:Shore Leave, click on continue to get to TTGM:Up Shit Creek

Later on in the night since Errand Boy, You've been sent a warning
    that the cops are coming to your room in the Inn to arrest you.
    You have the chance to enter the dockyard now, and try and find
    a way across the river to the Trickster's Gem Mine on the north
    side of the river.

Up shit creek has Burricks in it right??

Tuler

I click the download link down at the bottom of the page with the screenshots and it looks like it's the unzipped mission file (code), but no downloadable .zip file. What do we do with this?

Tuler, they both do.

Bohemian, get a downloader like getright or gozilla or one of the others, then right click on the link to the zip, copy shortcut, then paste it into one of the downloaders. Its 8 1/2 meg in size so unless you've got a realy fast connection dont download it using the built in browser downloader that you get with internet explorer.

bohemian

I don't get it. I click the link, but instead of getting my dowload options (open or save to disc) Netscape opens a new window and I start seeing what looks like a mission file that's been opened with a text program. I've never had this happen with other FM's.

For example;

CSnyL='?2a%E?3~s1Ek?n}R !?Kd-\nx`?{eZ

Great news! Downloading now...

If this shows up twice, my perverse apologies. Or is that "profuse"?

Under Netscape, right-click the link and select "save link as"; that should work. Now only if this post works, then I'll be happy.

If only I wasn't playing raid on washout central right now

Hey Belboz... I think the problem is with your ISP, it's not set up to send ZIP files. The server "thinks" it's a text file and it's sending it as such. I downloaded it and the zip was corrupt. If you have ICQ find me at 9213677 and I can put it up on my site which does take zip files, at least until KoMaG and the circle get it.

Normally I would, but 'up shit creek' is not a link, it's just a graphic (at least for me).

I've already finished Shore Leave...terrific mission! In fact, that's why I'm awake at 3:30am.

Hey Silver, do you want to help me do Theif FM reviews for the BackBurner? Because currently I'm the only guy on the site into it and it has to fit inbetween all my other stuff

I could use an extra Notepad

Thiefmissions.com

These (and everything else I could get my hands on) are available from my no-frills download site.
    - J<

Nebula - An interesting proposition -- I have several other things to finish at the moment (one or two, really...those HL mods pop up at the weirdest times!), but e-mail me at silver-sorrow@mmcable.com , and we'll talk.

Gone, but never forgotten

Je n'ai eu aucun problme pour le tlchargement

I just wanna say that I think Belboz is the best mission creator out of the lot.
    Out of all the fan missions I always enjoy yours the most.
    Great missions, classic thief style, no crap, no bizarre 'differences', good plots.
    Well done. Keep it up.

Belboz, I just had to get in here and post what an AMAZING FM this is - both levels even!! I think we possibly may have a 2nd gold FM here guys.....I've been playing for 2 nights and I'm still not finished with the 2nd one yet. Not to spoil for anyone but (highlighting following semi-spoiler),
    Spoiler:
    the building and outside where the elevator that goes way up...looks just perfect and has a great feel to it when you walk out there....plus the sky texture looks great. The "way you get around" in the levels is awesome and the "quantum leap" you take when you get in that one small space is too cool - and when you exit that is great as well...
    I love FM's where you have many, many places to explore and this is one of those FM's as well.

This is a MUST download people....I haven't even finished the 2nd part yet and had to post in here what a great FM it is and IMO we may have a 2nd Gold FM here.....plus all the mods that was done in the FM are great.

Great Job again Belboz and just one question; How the hell do you build soooo fast? (our friend Belboz also did the 4 day mission that most of us said "4 days?"). Of course, Apache always teases me that I'm a "turtle Dromeder" myself.....

Thanks again for such a great FM....

[ August 29, 2001: Message edited by: Garrettwannabe ]

Maybe I've missed something from the mime settings in the page
    http://www.daboys.co.uk/thief/shorecreekdl.html

I've checked it through internet explorer and netscape, and when I click on the link the download screen pops up and it downloads okay. Maybe those who are having problems have not got thier browsers setup correctly or are using out of date browsers.

Garrettwannabe, Shore Leave took 8 and 1/2 months to build, the four day mission was built sometime in the middle of building shore leave.

Shore Leave has got EXCELLENT lighting!!! Havn't got very far yet, but this is the one thing that really struck me so far, the ambient sounds are also very good.

belboz, you are one of the masters. I just finished Shore Leave on Expert. It's terrific; one of the best missions I've ever played.

I'm just starting Up Shit Creek, and it looks good so far.

You have to preview Azure Sheep too, Silver?

And I'll be onto Shore Leave tonight. Just been busy since I downloaded in
    "Now let us drink ale and sing songs about hedgehogs!"
    -Nebula

Well, i'm kinda stuck in Shore Leave so...

Spoiler:
    I've collected all the skulls and placed them on the correct tombs. I managed to knockout the ghost in the church. I've discovered the submarine. I've used the teleporters and ended up in the tempel looking thingy. I've explored every nook and cranny i could find. And i'm relly stuck...

Help...

You're description of where you're stuck is a little short on details.
    Spoiler:
    Are you stuck in the part with the huge elevator shaft? If you are, then you need to find a document called the "Special Door Document". It tells you exactly what you need and where to find it. I hope you're not afraid of heights. If you're still stuck, or if that's not the right area, come back for more specific help. Just give more details.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Spoiler:
    What huge elevator shaft? I have no idea where to go. I have not opened the big door in the temple. How do you do that? Why am i talking like this? Is the ghost vital to the plot? Do i have to restart because i knocked him out?

Okay, I think I understand now.
    Spoiler:
    You've been on the sub but you haven't finished that part of the mission yet. Sorry, I thought you were farther ahead than that. I've only played this one on Hard difficulty so far, so this could be a little tricky. You need the key to Cargo Locker #4. I know someone who finished it on Normal, and they said a crewman was wearing it. On Hard, there is a note somewhere telling you where it was last seen, then you have to go find it. I don't know about Expert yet. You need to find that key, then stowaway in the cargo locker. Just close the door, and you're done that part. Make sure you hit continue to go on to the next one.
    I'm not sure which door you are talking about? By the Temple, you mean the underground place you teleport to from the sub, right? But still in Shore Leave? There is a big, metal door you can open in there, but you need a special item. It's not necessary to do it though.
    I don't think it makes any difference if you knocked out the ghost or not.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Page 1 of 23 123456111621 ... LastLast