TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Missions in production

Missions in production

I'll keep this short and sweet; please tell us non-dromed literate taffers, what you guys are building, when it may be ready and a couple of hints (obligatory!) of what might be in the pipe line for us!!
    I know many people are always on the edge of their seat waiting for the next FM to come out so keep us informed of how you are getting on!

Taking a break

Well there is the Upcoming Missions section at the Keep, but I need to update it a lot

Previously Important

Moth is still underway.

Yeah, yeah. I'm just making sure no one thinks I've died or given up on it. Screenies soon.

Well I'm back working on The Canyon (alt. title: Snake Sliver Canyon) for all those who are interested (Which right now is about -17 people... I rarely self-promote). Not my first FM but will be the first I will release, since my buddies who beta-tested The Grand Republic actually took out a court-order preventing me from releasing it!!

I'd post some screenshots but light_bright makes the level look like crap and I'm not ready to place the permanent light sources yet. I'm somewhat nervous about releasing this level, since it will have somewhat less light than most people seem to prefer...
    "If God does not exist, than I shall create God with my own hands." ~ Krelian, Xenogears

Why/how the heck could they get a court order preventing you from releaseing it Myne?

Anyways, I'm working on a small two-mission undead pack that WILL WILL WILL SWEAR ON MY GRAVE be out on Halloween! I should have some screenies for part I soon. No title yet, but I'm looking for ideas

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Oh, so original.

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Spitter ]
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

"The Wheel" should be out within a few months. It should satisfy all styles of play, and force you to sharpen your theivin' skills quite a bit. It's a straightforward, non-linear mission without alot of techie wonderments, but those aren't important if you creatively use what DromEd has to offer.

The only real details that I'll give....
    Garrett will get to choose how he wants to end the mission. Either take over as leader of the Keepers by way of organized overthrow, or sneak out the back and remain the Garrett of old.
    MUTNACSFAEBNHDBAIWAGA :D
    My siteThief Links & Downloads, Dewdrop Tribute, Ricknmel's Arcade, Cars, Music.......
    2 small fun FM's for downloading with a big one ("The Wheel") on its way.
    Sign my guestbook......all the cools taffers do.
    :

"Heart and Soul" for ThiefGold is a sequel to "The Varyx Obelisk". You can see some pictures on my home page.

There's much more work, so don't expect it anytime soon.
    "You would worry less about what other people think about you, when you realize how seldom other people think about you."
    Anonymous

TTGM:Cathedral Factory

Basicaly faffing around with ideas,

Its a day time mission...

Goody, goody! Metalhead, xarax, belboz, etc... The beat goes on!

Three FMs in production, plus one re-work. Hell and I are competing for bragging rights for which one of us will freeze over first.

FYI: The pictures on my home page are now thumbnails for quicker loading. Just click to see the larger image.

Not my first FM but will be the first I will release, since my buddies who beta-tested The Grand Republic actually took out a court-order preventing me from releasing it!!
    I rarely swear, but I gotta ask... how is that f--king possible?!?!?!? How can someone prevent you from releasing something you made which is free and completely legal?

Taking a break

Well, I don't know his situation, but someone COULD use some otherwise copyrighted material in a very unflattering way (custom textures/pictures in a whore house or something), and the owners of THOSE copyrights wouldn't like it.

I'm working on a Thief 2 mission without a name yet set in a mine complex, screenshots soon.
    Always Remember Rule One:
    Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
    --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

call it

"the inverted manse"

heh, good idea!
    Always Remember Rule One:
    Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
    --Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Heh heh, whoops. I guess a lot of people here don't know me real well, I tend to exagerate and use sarcasm a lot. The statement about the court order was false.

But the truth was the mission just wasn't very good, and it took my playtesters for me to realize it. I really didn't want to release a mission that was quite obviously not the best I could do, if I had invested enough time into it. Oh well. It was a really good learning experience though. Maybe someday I'll try to remake it.
    "If God does not exist, than I shall create God with my own hands." ~ Krelian, Xenogears

go to my sig... I try to keep it up to date
    "Garrett is a master thief who makes Sam Fisher look like one of those goofy toy monkeys with clattering cymbals!" ~D-Pad Destroyer~ GamePro
    ~Clan NBU~ Forever Watchful...

I'm working on Crom's Blade.
    I was hoping to be done by now but it keeps growing, probably a couple months away. It will include custom objects, textures, skins, sounds and hopefully an automap. Briefing possibly too.
    Badd Cog's Gallery -Is that you good cog? Heh, Heh. NO!
    Crom's Blade,JailBreak,TrainSpotting,3MagesTomb
    Custom AI's,Objects,Missions,Demos,Tutorials,Downloads,Links...
    ModelMakersVault- custom objects for your missions.

I'm working on my 2nd fm 'The Ring' (I may change this title)
    It's about 60% done.

I'll post some screenshots when I figure it out! (How 2 post them here that is, Not take a ScreenShot)
    Failing that they'll appear on my website

P.s. It's a rainy mission
    I have the Builders patience on my side!
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

I am currently working on two medium sized T2 missions.

The first (Winter Spirits) will be a grim fairytale X-mas mission that is very story-driven,with lots of optional things to do and see.It should be ready for beta in about 4-6 weeks,but you taffers will have to wait till December to play it.

My second project is a cross between Myst and Thief (Theft?),with numerous puzzles to solve and 2 sub levels (ages?) to teleport to.Each has it's own distinct style just like the ages in Myst.Not to worry,the puzzles aren't that hard and there will be guards to bash.I don't know when this will be finished as I'm still trying to design the two sub levels and tie the whole thing together.

My Karrasinia mission is a couple of weeks away, ive just got to do the books properly and tweak ai responses and behaviours its took me over a year so far so I want it to be right.
    The Lost Portal

Out Now!--"The Karrassinian Threat"

I have a 2 mission series I'm working on, but I really can't tell you anything. I can't even tell you where it takes place (except that there is fog in the first mission). Let me just say that you will love it and that it's far different from any other fm type. ei: guards, undead, robots, etc.