TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sammy Pays His Dues - Oct. 16, 2001

Sammy Pays His Dues - Oct. 16, 2001

Sorry to everyone who had such trouble with this mission, all the reported bugs have been removed and the gameplay has been changed in some places to make more intuitive as to what you need to do in following Sammy and a whole bunch of other things as well. I hope you'll all give it another try.

Here's the Download link
    The Circle

They've just been notified and haven't gotten to update the page yet, so it still says Beta on the page, the new file's date should be 10/16 on the zip and 10/15 on the mission file.

Thanks to everyone who played and special thanks to Peter Smith and Nightwalker for extensive testing, re-testing, and giving tons of feedback, it wouldn't be half the mission with out their help.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 29th May 2008 at 12:34.

This is a fantastic mission, jbyrd, and it was a pleasure to help out. The updated version is also available here. Try it, you'll like it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th May 2008 at 12:46.

OK, I finished the mission and I like it. I have a couple questions for the author, though.

Spoiler:

In one corner of the city, there are two towers connected by a bridge. They are standing behind high walls and a gate you can't open. However, both of the towers have open windows with lights (burning torches) in them. Normally, I see this as a clue that I'm eventually supposed to work my way into the room. I tried everything, including jumping onto the wall from above and then jumping down to the base of the towers, injuring Garrett both times. Did I miss the way into the towers or was this just for effect. If it was just for effect, it's the first time I can recall where there was a room with an open window and the inviting glow of a torch that turned out to be completely inaccessible.

Also, do the 3 ghosts have a purpose? They didn't do anything but stand there. In the previous beta that I played, I killed the hammer ghost with the sword. I assume it would have chased me if it had seen me. Anyway, I couldn't figure out the "story" behind the ghosts. I also didn't get the room with the three tombs and the vat of water in the middle with a skull in it.

Those were some things that I wanted to develope but couldn't.. The towers were only meant to be eye-candy, wanted to have more windows and some cauldron fire in them, and some AI walking around and one going across the bridge, but the poly count looking down the lane there was too high as it is, so I didn't go any further with it. The Ghosts.. was thinking of having some indication that the bad guys knew Garrett was in the house by being informed by the mech ghost, but couldn't think of a good way to do it since it's not absolutely necessary to go near him, same thing with the female ghost, she was to play a part in the extra goals.

Gone, but never forgotten

Sammy Pays His Dues

I have just finished this fm and the objective 2 is not marked.

If I do not put out(switch off) the torch of the bottom, Sammy is killed, the objective marks then and the mission ends.

If I put out(switch off) it, Sammy is not killed but the mission does not end.

Is there another way of ticking this objective???

Sammy is supposed to be killed, Lady Jo.

Gone, but never forgotten

Yes, I suspect it, but as I play " ghostway ", I put out(switched off) the torch and I can not relight it to finish the fm because I have no arrow of fire, so I can consider the fm as ended

Towers in Sammy Pays His Dues

Here's something that not essential to the mission but is bugging me nonetheless.

In the NE corner of the town (not the mansion) there are two towers cordoned off by a wall and joined at their midsections by an elevated walkway. I was able to get on top of the wall and walk around their bases but that's it. Is there any way to enter them or are they just a red herring?

Thanks! [erg]

It just drives you nuts doesn't it - to see a place and not be able to get to it and wonder if there is booty in there?
    I wish I could say that I got all the loot so there couldn't be any anywhere else but I was short 125.

I have to say that I loved the way the author (Jbyrd23) used the standard issue guard's comments to creat a conversation. I laughed my butt off a few times. Like one gaurd scaring the other - good stuff.

I asked the same question shortly after the mission was released. The towers are just for atmosphere. No loot in there. It IS possible to get into the area with the towers through some clever climbing, but there's no way to get inside those towers and no way to get back out of the area after you get in.

Here's a link to the old thread so you can read the response from the mission author.
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=20510

Sammy Pays His Dues - can't even find the whistle!

Ok, all the Sammy threads were past my lameness. Everyone else seemed to find the whistle, but I can't.

I went through the whole place and have KO'd everybody and I don't know what to do next. Can someone help? (playing on Normal) I've already fufilled my loot req. and I even:

spoiler:
    found Miriams (?) ring near the pews on the balcony

I already...

spoiler:
    followed Sammy up to the secret door and got the new objective to get a whistle... but that's it.

Thanks!

You found the ring. That was the rat-trap for me (I hate crouching on the floor on the search for a tiny little ring, so I never finished the mission.)

The whistle. Wasn't it at the top of the tower with the gambling room downstairs? Stairs up, then there was some archer or another guard, and I think he had the whistle there with him.

Thanks! That was it!

Help with Sammy pays his dues

Hi all, please can anybody help me with one task in this mission? Specifically with the Mary´s ring. So, I have this ring, it´s OK. But what´s meaning as "Clioritis´ desk"??? WHICH Clioritis desk? I spend all the evening with running about house ang putting this ring on every desk, which can belong to Cleoritis. Really, I am sure, I make something wrong, but I dont know what. I believed, that is some of five desks in the Tower, but it wasn´t. So I proved another desks in house....................nothing. Please, help me. Thanks:-)

Long Finger
    I do not remember exactly what desk it was about, but in general I think you mean the ring works like some sort of a key to tick off an objective. If this is the case it is most of the time not enough to drop the item on a desk, but you have to use it on the target item (right mouse button mostly). I am not really shure that is the case, but it might help to try.

It´s not this........

Thanks for an idea, but this procedure I just tryed. It doesn´t work. Really, I don´t know, if it can be, that I don´t use last patch, because this patch made me some problems with objectives in Thief II.

The desk is in the bottom floor of the library, I think.

Thank you, Anarcgic Fox:-)

Thanks, you´re right, this is Cleoritis´ Desk:-) Thank you very much!

Possible Secret Area

On the Third Floor where the Bedrooms are.
    spoiler:
    There's a Bookcase at the end of the Hall. There is a tunnel or room opening behind the Bookcase.

Can somone tell me how to get into this area.

Sammy Pays His Dues - loose end

How do you open the locked chest in the barracks? Have I missed a key somewhere?

Cheers
    T

The part I'm having trouble with is finding
    spoiler:
    the Pagan Toy.

All other objectives have been checked off. Help, please? Thanks!

Great FM, btw!

You need to find a door that has 2 guards standing in front of it. You need a key to unlock the door. Inside, there are stairs that go up to a tower room where a priestess is standing. Don't go up the stairs, instead go left and you'll come to a Watcher. Past it is a desk and there's a chest to the right of it. The toy is in the chest.

Since this is the newest thread will post my question here

and it also contains part of a answered question I had. The desk to put ring on. One answer said on bottom of Library is the desk...well exactly which part of the Library? Is it the one where the Sign said something about being a Good Mechanist, or inside the other part where a Female mage stands in the middle in front of a desk and there are two others, one on each side of her?

The other question regards the door I need to get into where two guards stand...is that the one inside the Mansion that is a well lit hallway? It was said I need a key to open it? Not sure what key is meant? I found another door where two guards stand overlooking a small courtyard and another guard patrols over near that area. If it's the one inside..then don't know how I can get past to get to that door, I have one noisemaker but direction it needs to go is not very helpful and then once I need to get back out...even though they would have backs to me...once I BJ one the other I would have to fight...I did not buy gas mine...gah! Playing Hard mode.

Thanks for helpers.

Nightwalker i think I remember, posting regarding how much I love this mission, isn't it one of your favs as well?

Mission Competed

I would have edited my previous post but Revenus 1 got inbetween...so I just wanted to add that the desk I referenced was the correct one and to get past the guards...I rope arrowed up and over, then with another moss arrow shot behind...I dropped down safely. I also had the correct key since it seemed the one most likely to use. Glad I found switch earlier, although I had no idea what it was actually for at the time.

Funny thing though, on the way over to "that" door, guards got mildly alerted a couple of times..but on the way back for some reason they really got alerted and started a search? But no problem...got back out again via drop-down at the other end. Thank goodness I did buy one rope...otherwise it wouldn't have been so easy!

Yes, I agree that the game is a good one to play. I played it a long time ago as well but forgot a few things so it was a good time to replay again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast