TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crom's Blade - 2001.11.11

That's the mines Not really anything to do there, just to pass thru to the train.
    spoiler:
    Well, there is something there...

You mean
    spoiler:
    the area under the ramp for "something there", right?"

Have so enjoyed this fm. So many little "surprises" and nice touches.

Yep

Thanks

Ghost

Weird bug

[Schwaa]

I was ghosting along -- yes, I know that it's unghostable, since one of the objectives requires bashing open a door -- but I was trying to see how far I could get, when I came to the room where Crom supposedly sleeps. Burning altar at the beginning, two secret doors, a zombie with a flaming head behind each door.

I opened one of the doors -- left as you face the frobbable tomb -- and the Flaming Zombo (that was a drink at a restaurant I used to frequent) the flaming zombie was standing in the narrow, crouch-height passageway leading to the room with the empty trunk and sewer access! Not in the room, in the passageway... and completely blocking it.

His head was embedded in the ceiling... so the passageway was completely dark, and he couldn't see me. But I also couldn't get past him. When I played a previous game, he was correctly positioned in the room, and I could get around him by timing his twists and turns; but this time, there was no way to get through him.

I tried nudging him, which worked to the extent that he moved back into the room... but the moment he did, his flaming head lit up everything, including me, and he creamed me. Even if I had gotten the heck out of there before being spotted, he was still completely blocking access to that room, hence that portion of the sewer. I suppose I could have gone back the long way around, through the haunt section of the basement; but since I knew I couldn't continue ghosting anyway, I just blew him apart with a fire arrow (I have only two left... just enough, I hope).

That is so unghost, that I think I'm just going to go ahead and kill all the spiders and knock out all the other AI. I can't get any farther anyway, since I have to get into the mine area, and I wasn't able to ghost into the double-doors at the bottom of the stairway.

I have no idea how to find the throne room. I only have two of Lytha's diamonds. (Yeah, yeah, Lyla.) I have enough loot, but I'm stumped as to the rest. I have Ouroboros (the first one, flies) and Crom's scroll. Other than that, I'm stumped.

I'm sure I'll need Nightwalker's e-mail list of where to find the other diamonds... I sort of know where one other is by reading this thread, but that still leaves six!

Dafydd

Ghost

Slightly farther

[Schwaa, Nightwalker, anyone]

I found the diamond under the spider ramp in the mine. That means I still need five more.

I have the three Ouroboroses. I have Crom's scroll. But I have no idea what to do with them. I'm in the room with the two secret doors and the frobbable sarcophagus. What the heck do I need to do to get the sword?

I have tried everything I can think of. Help?

Dafydd

Dafyyd, to get the sword you need to
    spoiler:
    go back to the throne room and hit the skeleton in the throne with a fire arrow. The sword will appear in his hand.

If you want the list for the diamond locations, just send me an email.

The Throne room is
    spoiler:
    on the third floor, go behind the main entrance stairs (or up them) see the room with the collapsed floor, go up, stairs go up from there...

The mines/end location:
    spoiler:
    on the second floor, collapsed, look into dining room, turn right, go into the flooded tower, climb up, jump out window into water, find large green room, look up for ledge. Vine hanging down...

Good luck

Ghost

Thanks

[Nightwalker & Schwaa2]

I did manage to finish with the help of Nightwalker's diamond list.

Dafydd

"DUH-lete". Had some dumb questions, looked up and found the answer(s) myself.
    Last edited by DaffyTaffer; 23rd Nov 2003 at 22:08.
    Welcome, DaffyTaffer.
    You last visited: 25th Jun 2004 at 13:37
    ...it's been a while, glad to see this is still running strong!

Id like to have those diamond location screenshots too. If anyone still has them I could just put em up on my website so no one ever has to ask again. ( I would ask schwaa first of course) Ill edit this reply and put the link here if all goes well

They're posted at a French website run by Lady Jo here . I also have a Word document that has a text description of the location of each diamond as well as a screenshot. I'd be happy to send that to you if you'd like and you could post it. Just let me know.

a useful tip...

Played "Search for Lyla's Diamonds" -- wait, that's "Search for Crom's Blade" -- and wanted to pass along something that might be helpful to frustrated players. If you see a wooden door that can't be frobbed, it can still be opened with a bit of metal work.

Still enjoyed the mission, really great environment, very different from the usual Thief, but I was playing Treasure Hunter a bit too much for my liking.

Ronnie

can someone send me the diamond locations too? some of the pictures on Scwaa's site aren't coming up

email

shadowwolf UNDERSCORE 42185 AT yahoo DOT com

thanks

You can find the locations listed, along with screenshots, here

Thanks, Nightwalker, i found them all

Jail key?

I have not been able to find a way into the jail cell that has the tunnel in the floor. It does not let me pick the lock, and I have two keys -
    spoiler:
    Conference room closet (haven't found it yet, I assume it is on the train) and the Key to the train with the explosives. Also, the cell with the yeti in it doesn't have anything I can pick up in it, that I can reach, but I also cannot pick the lock on it. Is it anything?

What did I miss?

And is there a reason for the explosives?

Thanks!

the cell key should be
    spoiler:
    in that same room, look by the door that you entered. I believe it is there IIRC

as for the explosives, i think they are just for the mechanists' use

I need the Mask of Skellos. Where is it?

spoiler:
    Also, how do I light the two fires on either side of Crom? I used my one fire arrow on his skeleton.

spoiler:
    How do I get in those two secret doors in the pillars on either side of Crom?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    spoiler:
    hit each with a fire arrow, the orobus for the door and a new fire arrow will appear, the orobus' are the keys to the two side doors. i don't remember having to find a mask on expert, just 4000 loot, 9 gems and the sword, it might be the final piece of loot i grabbed not thinking about it. there is a train you escape on, there is loot in the car on the right, there is also a train car near where you start with some loot in it.

I believe the Mask is
    spoiler:
    that last piece of loot that Otto55 remembers picking up in the train car attached to the one where the mission ends.

spoiler:
    I already used the fire arrow. I only had one. Playing on hard not expert. Flashbombs won't start the fires.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    spoiler:
    look down in the tombs where the zombie creatures are, i thought there were some fire arrows down in that area. i had 2 at that point, but i'm not sure they came from there. if you have flares those can start fires as well.

I went back to a previous save, but I did find one extra fire there.

Finished now. I started this mission once before, but didn't like it because there are so many caves. I liked it a lot better this time since I'm better at climbing fast and I know I can knock out yetis and backstab the undead. Also, I just don't bother with maps much anymore. They just confuse me. They're fun to look at sometimes, so keep making them, you game fm designers.

Voice Actor
    Near one of the trains (or maybe in them, I forget) are some barrels of explosive that can be carried to the
    spoiler:
    throne room
    and thrown to start the fires.

Don

I also need to request screen shots for diamond locations!

Send to: enco_1999@yahoo.it

Thank you very much!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast