TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crom's Blade - 2001.11.11

You can find them here along with a description of the location. I hope that helps!

thank you!

For those who are as confused as I was about finding all the diamonds:

spoiler:
    To get the diamond in the flooded tower I had to first frob the underwater torch!

Great mission, but very confusing at times. I liked the way that little holes in the walls gave you a glimpse of other areas.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

This is an absolutely stunning mission that enjoyed a LOT!

I have some loose ends I´d like to tie up, though. I don´t see anything about them mentioned in this thread, or in any other thread that I found in a search:

* There is a large, unfrobbable wooden door atop the ramp in the mines area. Can this door be opened (or the area behind it reached somehow) ?

* I found a 'Holy Symbol' that went into my inventory. Is this useful in some way?

* Is there any point at all to the outdoor area you can reach by climbing the ladder inside a chimney? I found nothing to pick up here, but I could use this area to (in a painful way!) reach another part of the level that you can just as well walk to from castle ground level...

glad you enjoyed it

1-no, door is just for looks
    2-don't remember lol, I really don't, what is it exactly? I don't think I had any little secrets or hidden objectives. But can't recal why the player would pick up something that can't be used either.
    3-just another way to get around the map, might be a diamond in those tunnels above the castle part.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    2-don't remember lol, I really don't, what is it exactly? I don't think I had any little secrets or hidden objectives. But can't recal why the player would pick up something that can't be used either.
    It´s a gray hammer (I think I found it in the torture chamber). If you use it in inventory, it will move to the center of view (like the lockpicks do) but if you use it again from there, you will just throw it.

One more thing - you have managed to hide the last 260 loot (on Master Thief difficulty) really well. Grrr!

I don't think the hammer does anything.

Sorry 'bout the loot. If I knew then what I know now... the loot goal probably is a bit tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2 View Post
    Sorry 'bout the loot. If I knew then what I know now... the loot goal probably is a bit tough.
    No, the loot goal is just fine, maybe even a bit low. I only needed to find 4000.

I am missing 260 g out of the total 7430 available.

I don't know how fast it'll add up but hard to find loot is:

tombs, by skeletons, coins
    mossy caves top of rope, bunch of scattered coins.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I think I have those already:

* 6 coins (2 on shelf, 4 on floor; plus a ring on floor) in NE end of 'bones room'.

* 10 coins (plus a ring and a necklace) in and outside the eastern Snow Ape bedroom close to the vine.

Loot hunt update: With the help of TTLL, I have now tracked down 7410 out of 7430 loot.

What I had missed were two more scattered coins in the 'bones' room in the crypt, a gold nugget on a wooden debris ledge next to the room with the fly swarm and five scattered coins in Navicon´s study. TTLL says there should probably be six scattered coins in that place (4+2 in two coordinat 'cells' next to each other) but I have only found five.

Even if I don´t find the last bit of coins, I may upload the lootlist anyway.

need help with1 thing on this mission where is the key to the room next to the second floor dining room
    Last edited by downwinder; 16th Feb 2012 at 01:35.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need help with1 thing on this mission where is the key to the room next to the second floor dining room
    Ah man, wish I could help but I don't remember a locked room by the dining hall. It's been a long time. (Don't have T2 installed atm either)

I am replaying this old classic and on Expert too. The first time I played it years ago on Normal, as I don't think I could have handled it on Expert back then, but I've just breezed through it on Expert this time.

Still I have the same problem as downwinder. I can't find any key to the door off the what looks like a dining room, this is at the end of the long corridor on the top floor up the stairs. I also have only found 3 of Lyra's Gems and I've been up and down all over this mission, they are well hidden i must say.

There may be something here that might help. I haven't looked at all of it so I'm not sure.

IIRC, you need to bash open a door (further towards the middle of the corridor) with the sword in order to find a key that opens the room you mention (if it's the room I think you are talking about).

In the search for Lyla's nine diamonds, just try to go absolutely everywhere it is possible. I am going to add directions to them in my next version of the lootlist for this mission.

Speaking of loot, how's the loothunt going? This is one of my favourite missions when it comes to loothunting. Please post pack to the thread if you find a 6th pair of scattered coins in Navicon's study because that bugger still eludes me.

Thanks for the help nickie and jiansonz!

I have 5315/7430 of loot, I just can't see where else the rest of it is.

Lootlist (including Lyla's diamonds).

There are even better directions (with screenshots) to the diamonds in the link Nightwalker posted in the first post on this page.

It's quite hard to give directions on this mission...

Thanks for the lootlist jiansonz!

I am afraid, I can only find 5 pairs of coins in Navicon's study as well. The 6th pair is probably imbedded in the terrain.
    Last edited by shadows; 4th Jun 2012 at 07:44.

Amazing mission..Im enjoying holidays with Thief, replaying great FMs and this is one of my top.. Really love it=)

just replayed it myself and wow i am cold after all that snow,and did need help with 2 of the lyla diamonds and about 1k short of max loot although i had enough for hardest setting

wonder if there was suppose to be a part 2?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    DML (just for some loot)

Code:
    DML1//Search for Croms Blade//Coin Stack//miss20.mis.dml
    +ObjProp 1872 "PhysType"
    {
    "Type" None
    "# Submodels" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1872 "PhysControl"
    +ObjProp 1872 "Position"
    {