TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Lord Alan's Basement (Dec.4/2001)

Pardon my inept eyesight , but where is that drowned dude ? I have my fire arrows , charge ,found the water wheel , nada .

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: bdkl ]

Sorry to ask again, but I forgot in my last post. I went to the top where that elevator is, any way to get into alan's mansion or is it just for show?

Thanks

Footpad

lord alans basement questions!

so i just finished the mission and all i can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!!
    THE MISSION RULES!!!...i have not been so confused in a long time buteven though i finished i have a few questions.......
    Spoiler:
    there is a door with a little note that says tha the key is lost....where is this key??????

also,
    Spoiler:
    there is obviously a door in the labyrinth that is disguised as just part of the wall...how does it open????

i played on easy so maybe i should not even ask but i am

someone please respond!!

I'm not sure about the second question, but for the first one:
    Spoiler:
    In the pond with the water wheel, there is a dead body floating. You'll find the key close to it.

Footpad, I don't think you can get into Lord Alan's Mansion, itself, except for the Music room.

The dead guy is over in one of the other corners, not near the waterwheel. I don't think the key was on his body, but lying nearby, though I'm not sure about that. I've only played it once, so far and the details are a little foggy still.

Where can I find this FM??? Sounds tough....

It is tough, but very interesting. You can download it several place, including Cheap Thief Mission Downlaods

Thanx Nightwalker I have it now. I'll play it as soon as I get past Equilibruim FM. Im having a lil trouble with that one as I keep getting killed by the Keepers Theres so many fan missions at that site I couldn't imagine even playing half of them all. Whew!! What a load of FM out there.

Hi Taffers,
    some useful tips...

Tip1: to clearly see the horn in the water-star field:
    Spoiler:
    go in front of and close to it > crouch > lean forward to put your head under the box > look up a bit.

Tip2: to see the secret correspondence:
    Spoiler:
    stand up in front of Bach's painting and close to it > lean forward > look at the bottom of the niche.

Tip3: to get the 1st and the 3rd floor of the Mausoleum (only expert mode):
    Spoiler:
    some statues have no physics (as the paintings) > read the plaque on the middle floor opposite the door > count the niches, niche n.1 is indicated by the keeper-plaque in the central part of the Mausoleum near the torches, at the top > put yourself in that niche climbing on it > a teleport trap will get you to the next floor > steal about 1000 Worth.

Have fun

Lord Alan

I'm glad you decided to join us, Andrea! Welcome to the forum and Thank you for the great mission.

Hey! I just finished Lord Alan's Basement!!!! Loot 4818, Time 2:31. It was a great level much kudos Lord Alan. I wonder will we get to steal from Lord Alan's Mansion? I'm sane again!, I'm sane again! Though part still bothers me. I go to the yard but I do not get the Mission Complete Movie. Anyway Thanks again for your help Nightwalker.

Footpad [Sly] [Thumbs Up!]

Thank you for kudos! Now I'm building my new 'Lord Alan's Fortress' (forT2). You'll get to steal from there...
    Ciao

The loot closet?

Somewhere in the main basement near the Thieve's Guild entrance there's a small room behind a porticullus (sp?) that's filled with juciy-looking footlockers. To the right is a panel with a lot of red buttons, but a note on the floor nearby says to use the lever. Red herring or should I spend the rest of the winter looking for the lever? Any hints?

Real nice mission so far, but I can tell I'm about to enter the wander around phase. Did I read that this was the author's first FM? My hat is doffed in respect.

There's a little space(It's too small to call a room) off of the hallway just before you get to the room with the buttons. Move a box in there to find the lever.

Hi again, NW

I'm stuck and I don't know if there is a way to get unstuck or not. Two things: first of all although I have the starburst devce I have no fire arrows to set it off with. I don't recall them being in the store at the begining but either way unless there are some to be found w/ in the mission I can't get the freakin' hand! Secondly, In the room next to the fake horn I am stuck. I bjed the patroling guard who was opening and closing the gate and the gate that connects me to the elevator area is now sealed shut. I know this because I started playing this mission once before and went through that area with the elevator. I can get to it from the red brick upper tunnels but there's another unopenable gate blocking it there too. Is there another method to get access to the rest of the level?
    Perhaps it's these two switches that I keep hearing about but which no one has told the location of (one's in a doorway's ceiling?) (one's hidden in a light fixture)
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Hi, spamlet. You've got me a little confused on this one. Which side of the gate are you on? The elevator side or the other side? If you're on the other side you may have a problem, but I'm not sure, because I've actually only had time to play through this level once. You need to block that first door open. before you BJ him. I'm presuming you haven't already been up in those tunnels and gotten the Music room key, because if you have that, then you're alright. You can go in that way.

The fire arrows are in the same caves you found the explosive in, but in the next cave over. I don't remember anything about a switch in a doorway (but I haven't played this in awhile), but the other switch is later on and allows you to get the Horn (the real one).

Maybe Andrea will come along and help you out.

I'm not on the elevator side unfortuntely. I knew I should've blocked open that first door but didn't. I've been to the music room and I've even got the secret correspondence. I've been in the brick tunnels and I think gotten almost all the loot. The problem is that I can't get to the elevator room from those tunnels due to another locked gate which can't be opened as far as I can see (it's right by the smelting room ladder). It's good news though, that there are fire arrows to be had. "By next cave over do you mean if you keep on swimming straight and past the spiders? I was in that area the first time I played too but if there were fire arrows then I've forgotten about them...

If you've been in the music room, then you can just go back through the painting and up into the tunnels that way, so it's not a problem for you. What grate is blocking your way? To what? If you mean to the Horn, you get in there from the tunnels up above, which you can access from the music room.

You are in the water and you mantle up into the cave with the spiders and the explosive device, right? Go back in the water and swim a little farther to the end of the water and you can mantle up into the entrance of a bigger cave. The fire arrows are in there.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Feb 2002 at 21:28.

Sorry for the confusion but I had completely missed that entire wing of the tunnels.

I now have more than enough loot plus all the other expert level objectives except for how to get the flock outta here! Oh please don't tell me that the exit is up the elevator to where those spinning A's are? I can't get to that area like I did a few months ago. I know that you never realized there is a locked gate between the elevator room and the tunnels entrance probably because there's likely some switch or something that opened it from the elevator side before you got there so you never knew the gate even existed but trust me, it's there! There is another opening into the elevator room but it's a quick death due to a drop.

Spamlet,
    go to the open doorway you mentioned and run + jump.
    It's easy to get the elevator structure.
    Are you dizzy?

ah, the other door is permanently closed. All the doors that don't "frob" are permanently closed in the mission.

ciao

I used a rope arrow to get closer to the opening in the wall of the elevator room. Then it's not too hard to get across.

I can't find the silver. I'm all done but for that and getting another 550 in loot. I'm in the room with the pipe organ playing. From the cryptic remarks here I think the silver is connected to this room. All I see is:

spoiler:
    2 chairs, a picture (which I frobbed), the statue, the chandelier, and a door for which I have no key.

Is one of these objects the location? I've manipulated the environment every way I know how and no results. Help! I wanna go home
    If I'd've known it was harmless, I'd've killed it myself - Philip K. Dick

to see the secret correspondence (silver):

stand up in front of Bach's painting and close to it > lean forward (press the key) > look at the bottom of the niche.

TY!

Andrea, thanks (and to nitewalker, too, for some clue earlier)

Alan's Basement-New Question

For all you taffers who have already been there, done that, just how the devil do you get out of the place?

It seems to me I saw a garden entrance/exit or some such thing somewhere, but I've been round and round so many times, I can't remember where it was, or if I even really saw it. (You know, after a while, all these fancy nobs' places start to run together!
    )

Thanks for the help!
    There is no try--Do, or Do Not

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast