TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: Lord Alan's Basement (Dec.4/2001)

Radioman,
    spoiler:
    Did you find the two small boxes in the brick tunnels? And the two large blue chests in the brick tunnels? Did you dive down into the pool in the mausoleum and find the tiara on the grave? You can't get back out of the pool in the mausoleum unless you swim through the tunnel and come out at the water wheel. I think that tiara was worth about 200 if I remember correctly. Definitely worth the dive. Just a few suggestions.
    And I shall go back to the music room and do my best on the guards. I haven't knocked any of them out--just stole one key off of the roaming guard. But apparently he didn't have the right key so I shall go back and knock them all out until I find that elusive key. Thanks for the tip. I feel close enough to touch it but I'm just not there yet. I shall endure... especially thanks to all of you!

*C*

StarCStar...how did you manage to teleport? Either I couldn't figure it out, or I couldn't get it to work. I've only been to the entry level floor. Details please!

Also, as to the music room...

spoiler:
    Once you go through the painting to the room before the music room. In that room is a door on the left. Open the door (I don't think it is even locked) and right outside the door is a guard. I just tiptoed up and stole the key from him. Then quietly retreated, closed the door and then opened the music room door.

Good luck!

Vandi, THANKS! I am in the middle room now with the door open and I shall use a moss arrow to dampen the floor, then sneak up on him and steal the key. Ooh, it's getting exciting now!
    OK, about the other levels of the mausoleum...
    spoiler:
    From the point where you enter the mausoleum from the bricked tunnels, tiptoe to the right either one or two statues. One statue will allow you to jump into it but you just stay there. But another statue will allow you to jump into it and suddenly you're teleported to the floor below. There's a flaming haunt down there and you have to avoid him while you move from niche to niche taking what's there. (I don't want to give TO much away.) Once you have pilfered everything in that level, jump into one of the two vacant niches in the wall--not the one you entered in--and you'll be teleported into the upper floor. There's another haunt up there and the floor is tile so you have to CREEP but you can do it! That's where the most valuable loot is. (Once again, I don't want to take away ALL your fun.) I have to tell you that I saved frequently in this section of the game because I kept getting discovered and killed. Sometimes I wasn't very patient and I made noices while walking on the tile floor. You exit the same way you arrived--by jumping into one of the statues. Once you exit you'll instantly be back on the original floor where you came in from the bricked tunnels.

So I hope that helps. It was a bit nerve wracking because I had to save so often but in the end it was worth it. Now I'm off to steal a key. Good luck and much success!

*C*

I FINISHED!!! At least I think I did.
    spoiler:
    I exited to the outdoor garden from the elevator room but it didn't check off that I exited or didn't kill anyone.
    Do I need to exit another way or is that it? Other than that, I FINISHED! (I hope I really did finish.) I couldn't have completed this mission without Hawklette, Radioman and Vandi. Thank you all for your assistance. Ah, that I could be as helpful on other missions.
    I liked this mission. It was just challenging enough to keep me trying but not so hard that it made me want to quit. I agree that there were a lot of keys but it was GREAT fun! Lord Alan, I salute you! Can't wait for your next mission! Thanks one and all. Hmmmm... I wonder which mission I should tackle now...

*C*

Finally out! I thought I'd been in the upper part of the haunt's tower but I hadn't. Brain fart or residue from the 60s in my head? That area boosted my loot totals right up, although my final was only 4622, meaning aout 400 worth still eluded me. Thanks to all who helped over the past few years (it seems!). Next time through I sneak the whole mission; this time I did smack some of the guards around after hours of frustration

StarCStar, yeah, you exited right. Don't know what went wrong for you. Probably my personal favorite fan mission, and it's big, is "Events in Highrock." Give Highrock and also "Calandra's Cistern" a try. And as much as I appreciate the sheer genius and work behind Calandra's Cistern, it's Highrock I've played the most. Some don't like Highrock because you have to kill a boss at the end, like in Quake, but I could care less.

LAB, though, will join the short list of levels I play over and over. Great work.

Radioman, glad you found the extra loot. And I am concurring about the challenge of the mission. It was great and I, also, will play it again and again. I think next time I'll sneak it as well. Thanks for the tip about Highrock. I will probably begin tomorrow. I need to get some work done this evening. Imagine that! Working! Incredible!

*C*

Thanks StarCStar! I can't wait to get home and try again.
    spoiler:
    I think I jumped into every one of those statues, but none of them worked.
    I'll give 'er another go tonight.

Nightwalker, so glad to see you're home again. We missed you!

*C*

Vandi, I found the instructions incomprehensible to find the niche into which one jumps to be transported. Here's the full secret - if you dare!

spoiler:
    As you stand in the doorway pretend the roundish room is a clock face. You're at the 6:00 position. The niche is at 10:00 or pretty close to it. Go left, young man. I never been able to kill that haunt. The fire dude can be killed with the weapons you have at hand, but I did get everything without killing him; his demise was an afterthought One of the niches on his floor will take you to the real loot, so jump in! The apparation on *that* floor is slow and stupid. He chucks rocks at you, but is no Andy Pettit. I got all the loot without him interfering. Then you jump into the middle and swim to the waterwheel and climb out. You should be rich enough by then.

Good luck.

I'm so happy your back Nightwalker and hope the trip went well. I don't remember much about this mission so decided to play again. Wanted to start yesterday but got a new video card and you know how it can be when your trying to add new things. Any way this area the're all talking about I missed completely the first time around. I am wondering if it was because I may have played on a different level. I'm in the Haunt area now and happy to see they have figured it out for me. I found a lot of loot on the first floor but that included the music room, up into the rafters and the red cave area. It totaled 2859 then I went up to the brick maze and found the two blue chests a nuggett, two purple boxes and that made it 3359. Also some moss arrows near the purple boxes. I'm not sure I found any moss arrows in the music room. Took vandis hint and opened the door and pic the guard then shut the door. He never new it LOL. Don't take too long to settle in we need you.

Thanks again StarCStar & Radioman!!!

I finally finished.....yippie!!! I swear I already tried each of the niches several times before. But, it worked tonight and I was able to finish! A very fun & cool mission! Can't wait to taff through Lord Alan's home....

Welcome back Nightwalker!!! As you can see, it took 4 of us to fill your shoes. Hope you won't leave us again soon.

Thanks to all for getting me to play this one again. The first time I had completely missed the Haunt area so didn't understand where you were. You hints were helpful and I had a blast getting all that loot. Vandi there is a small amout of loot in the music room behind those guards we didn't disturb. It's only 50 but I had to know. Ended up with all the pockets and 4759 out of 5018. Still 259 shy loot and I really did a search for it. May go back in later and try some more. Thanks again all.

Lord Alan's Basement

Hawkette, I found that by climbing mantleing and little bit of jumping the wooden elevator structure was pretty easy to get up, but what is the thing in the cage at the top and what do you do with it after you open the cage? Also we went to all the Web addresses found at the sign at the top structure, but I guess they are the Web pages who helped make the mission.

Hi, Lynx67. As far as I know, the thing in the cage is just a red herring, as are the Talismans and the Talisman holders you'll see in a couple of spots. They don't have any significance.

Lord Alan's Basement

Oh, how I hate mazes!!! And I think we have spent 2 or 3 hours (real time) searching through those blasted red brick tunnels looking for the mausoleum. Is it only on the expert level? We are playing on hard because we find it absolutely essential to take out our aggressions and frustrations on these guards. In fact drowning a few keeps us from smashing the computer or biting the dog. Anyway we have thouroughly enjoyed this mission up to now. BUT, we need some step by step instructions on getting the real "Horn of Quintus" in order to finish. Pretty please, where is it? We've opened all the doors, been completely through every tunnel (I think) at least a dozen times and have everything else checked off. HELP PLEASE!!!

The Horn isn't in the Mausoleum, but I'll give you instructions on how to get to both. There is loot in the Mausoleum that you might want to get.

Horn - From the point where you entered the maze, turn right, go to the end, turn left, go to the end, turn right, hop down to a slightly lower corridor. Turn right and at the end there is a hole in the floor and a beam overtop of the hole. Rope arrow down then look in the light fixture for a switch to open the door. Inside, the Horn is in a green "field". Crouch and walk around it while looking up. Eventually you should see the Horn, then just click on it until you pick it up.

Mausoleum - From entry point again, go left, left, then right to the door at the end.

Lord Alan's Basement

I got the horn!! Thanks for the directions. But when I follow the directions from the entry point (left, left then right) I come up to a brick wall at the end. Hitting with sword it makes noises like a door but does not open. Is there a switch I am just too dumb to find?

Those directions were the ones for the Mausoleum, right? I checked and they seem to be correct. You climb into the hole in the wall from the elevator room, walk up to the hallway that runs right and left. Go left, then left again and then turn right and walk right to the very end of the hallway. There should be a plaque on the floor that you can read and a metal door leading into a Mausoleum. I've never played this on the Easy setting, so it's possible that you can't even get into here on that difficulty. I don't have time to replay it now to check, though. You probably don't need to get in anyway. It's only for loot and you shouldn't need that much on Easy.

p.s. Just for next time, when you've already started a thread on a mission, you can just add anymore questions or comments in the same place and it will be seen. I always check and so do most of the other players.

Lord Alan's Basement help!!!!

I am at the tower and have gone into the garden area but I didn't find anything more than the skull and talismans, there is a door on the opposite wall but for the life of me I can't seem to get into it. Am I doing the right thing? Is there another way? Help me before I totally loose it.

maloo -
    spoiler:
    The garden is where you go to end the mission. You have to climb up the wooden scaffolding of the elevator platform and look for a hole in the wall that you can get into.

Lord Alan's Basement Lever?

FOR THE ROOM WITH THE CHESTS IT SAYS JUST PULL THE LEVER. wHERE IS IT?

You're yelling. Getting a little frustrated, huh?? Go into the little, tiny space off to the left just before you walk into that room. Move the box at the end.

Lord Alan's basement

Sorry I didn't mean to yell. Its just sometimes the simplest things hang me up