TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

hey, i'm playing through this excellent FM called a smuggler's request!! you all gotta get it (i got it from KoMaG's fantastic site).
    i'm playing through it on expert first time around and it's tricky, tricky, tricky!!! but i'm not complaining!!!!

Download links (added by Nightwalker):
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/smugg
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 7th Jul 2012 at 10:54. Reason: added current download links

I'm glad you like my first mission m8!
    I actually finished it ages ago but only just posted now! I'm currently working on a new mission for Thief 2 called Shadows, its about 40-50% finished and should be ready(hopefully) in around a month or so. Its already playing much better than my first even at this early stage! Screenshots soon!

Thanks again

RiCh

I was going to try this one, but I noticed in the notes down near the bottom that it says "check the zip to see if any files are going to be overwritten". Will playing this cause me any problems if I use Darkloader? I don't mess around with changing files and stuff. I'm a computer idiot. Could you let me know if it's safe to try this? I'd really like too.

if ur using darkloader m8 then u won't have any problems as u can restore back to the original thief2 settings when u r finished playing the mission.
    hope this helps

RiCh

Thanks. I'll try it tonight.

Taking a break

Great mission! and works just fine with Darkloader, no file probs

I have downloaded smugglers request and i keep getting say the zip file is invaid as I
    twice downloaded it.

where can i download it from a reliable server

If you are having problems downloading Smuggler's Request from the Keep (strange because I've never had a problem with it).
    You can download it from my idrive account www.idrive.com, destination i-drive: rich_cull. Theres 2 zips 1 containing the miss file called miss20.zip, and the other containing the rest of files called smuggler.zip. When both are downloaded open and copy the miss20 file into the smuggler zip and you should be fine.

Hope this helps

RiCh

So, are you saying that the mission20.zip file needs to be archived into the smuggler.zip? How exactly would you do this, so I don't mess anything up?

Taking a break

HD, I explained a bit on FM zips in the thread with your question about making Dromed files playable in Darkloader

Hey RiCh E I have just downloaded Smugglers Quest from the Keep of and gold site as Idrive web site was down

But anyway thanks for your help

what a great mission this is!! and huge!!(and i haven't even finished it yet)
    one of the best missions of late, right up there with Durant, IMHO.
    nice exploring and atmosphere, well done Rich E!
    looking forward to the next one!

WJ

Kenzoid

A Smuggler's Request is by far one of the best FMs I've played! I've played through it twice now, but cannot open the safe. I can understand the clues list, but I'm obviously not calculating it correctly. Would appreciate more help. Thanks

kenzoid, read this!!

SPOILER!!!
    Spoiler:
    the mistake i made the first time i tried a combination of numbers was that i was looking at the number of machines in the room behind me and not the courtyard!! also you may have the number of "innocent" people incorrect also. Do you honestly think there will be INNOCENT people in the cells??

i hope that helps ya

secrets

Has anyone found all of the secrets in "A Smuggler's Request"? I have found four out of eleven. This mission is some special stuff!

I'm playing it right now, and you're right, it is fun. I've found quite a few secrets, but I don't know how many. I lost count. I'll probably play through it again, afterwards, to see if I can find more.

I made "a Smugglers Request" if u want to know where all the secrets are, mail me and I'll mail u back with all of them(depending what level ur playing at)

RiCh

help with A Smugglers Request

I have the Master key to the gaurdhouse BUT cannot open the rear door inthe lower cell room?? Also the door out inthe courtyard below the cell area. Need to kill the captain of the boat and the gaurd but " where are they !!! ". Any help appreciated. I'm playing on easy.

Taking a break

As far as killing those people, I seem to recall that they are just some of the people on the street somewhere that you probably avoided or knocked out already. Find every body and go dump it in the water, either in the sewers or in the ocean, so that they will drown, and you'll eventually get 'em

Hi, I've been playing this one,too, but on Hard. Hopefully it's the same.
    Spoiler:
    If it is the same as on hard, you missed a key. Did you find the Guardhouse Master key in the safe in the bedroom? On Hard, there is another key in there labelled "Lift + Cell key". That's the one you need.It's worth checking out anyway.

Taking a break

No, the mission is VERY different on the various difficulty levels

Thanks guys !! I,ll give that "body disposal trick" a try. No other key in the safe on easy.

You don't need to run around killing everybody. I started playing on easy and the two guys you need to find are here
    Spoiler:
    The captain of the guard is the guy in the room with the safe and the woman sleeping on the bed. The captain of the ship is the fellow locked in the cell in the prison area.
    I haven't been able to find the other key yet or the captain's log yet. I'll keep looking.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Okay, I'm back. I don't think the key to the door at the back of the jail is available on easy. You don't need to go in there to finish on this difficulty level. Have you tried the door to the evidence locker room upstairs in the jail?

The door in the back of the jail isn't available on easy, and I'm guessing the secret passage mentioned in a scroll isn't either.

I'm on Hard now, and I'm hoping the passage is there, but I can't find it...if anyone knows anything about this??? Please???

Thanks
    Java bibo, ergo carus, sed tremo malum.
    I drink coffee, therefore I am lovable, but twitchy as hell.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast