TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Curse of the Carnival beta (26-3-2001)

T2 FM: Curse of the Carnival beta (26-3-2001)

Why is there so silent about this FM beta?
    Dashjianta has certainly done (or will do) some great job, but...
    Well, my question concerning this (future) FM is: do you prefer sneaky or adventure style of thiefy play? In other words, in spite of its wonderful layout, puzzles, originality, programming, "Curse of the Carnival" seems to be missing something important (je ne sais pas qua)... Am I right?
    I do not want to discourage Dashjianta. "Carnival"'s b.version certainly deserves 10 of 10, but I'm still waiting for gold hammer...

Grab the mission here:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=carnival
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/missio...nival_beta.zip
    http://thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=88
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 4th Jul 2011 at 15:18.

Taking a break

I think the "beta" is really the final, just disguised as beta

One more thing: I really didn't like the talisman experience in "Carnival" at the end of beta version (the room with small ship was also terrible) and I hope it was just a temporary solution serving for beta puropses...
    KoMaG, I hope you are wrong...

What's missing is that thing called "polish" that gets added after the major bugs are stomped out. Unfortunately I haven't found the stomp for the biggest, mission killing bug - so adding polish isn't in my list of priorities. Admitidly I haven't tried very hard recently (other, non-thief project going on).

And, yes, definetly only a beta. (or Alpha, if you want to picky because about a third of the mis. isn't even built - ran out of ideas)

Dashjianta --- I didn't mean 'polish'...
    It is rather something else... It's - twisting Hegel - Thief's Spielgeist. Or sneaky atmosphere. Or medieval entourage. Or...
    As you can see, I am referring to other languages because I really can't find a proper expression...
    By the way, what is this 'major bug' in "Curse"?

I'm not aiming for a thiefy/sneaky atmosphere in curse - its just a little fun.

The bug is with the light puzzle - which only occurs for about half the peeps who play it - where the door doesn't open upon completion of the puzzle.

Taking a break

I hated CotC for about 5 minutes while trying to finish that crazy light puzzle, but the rest I really liked, and I expecially liked the little remote control boat part - that way very very impressive!

Dashjianta ----
    If you were aiming for 'just a little fun', you have suceeded! Beta of "Curse" was (of course ) for me REALLY GREAT FUN (not little)! That's why I gave it 10 of 10.
    But, unfortunately, although remote control boat part was, as KoMaG said, 'very very impressive', I found it to be a little off-style (sorry for my English)... just like the whole underground section and I hope that after fixing this $##** bug, you will build next section of the level in a completely different way. We're all waiting for "Curse" to be finaly realised. Good luck!

I enjoyed the Beta, evne though I was one of the people that had issues with the light puzzle... The best I can figure, is that if you hit the right(specific)sequence of buttons, then it works, but if you get it all to light up in a different sequence, then it won't...

All in all, I enjoyed the puzzles quite a bit!

Curse of The Carnival

In the second puzzle room...the one with the round football
    emblem/..I'm missing one puzzle piece..which belongs in the upper
    left-hand corner..some how I missed it and I'm wondering if it might in the maze room.Anyone remember where it is?
    Thanks
    Tommy
    Tom N

Try checking in the little room next to the shooting range. That one always eluded me.

Thank you very much. I found the puzzle piece right where you said
    it was? I hate to be a pain in the butt..but does anyone know how to
    solve the Green Light Room..I lite the whole board but the door didnt open.
    What is the button in the wall for? Is that to reset the puzzle?
    Do I need to push it each time I light the board? HELP PLEASE!!
    ps..thanks for being patient..I'll try to do some of the game myself! LOL!
    Tom N
    Tom N

Try dis walkthrough... Hit the reset button (the red one) before you use the solution.

Thanks for the info.I doubt if I would have ever figured that out!
    Tom N

Taking a break

I spent forever on that stupid light puzzle. I like the rest of the mission though, for the most part

Curse of the Carnival Cwestion

Howdy.

I'm playing this really interesting beta mission, and I've finished every puzzle but I can't get "down below" for the last attraction. I've even jumped off the bridge and found the Hammerite, finished all puzzle pieces. Can't get the cursed items onto the plinths. Is it because I've not been "below"? The door is open beneath the cart, but I can't get down there. The ladder is covered by the metal plate and the chest.

Help!

-Theef

Each plinth will only take a particual item (use the drop key to put them on it). You'll know when you get the right one cos an objective will tick off.

There's a somewhat out of date walkthrough here if you need more help.

Curse of the Carnival Updated

For those of you still in shock I'll repeat that: Curse of the Carnival Updated

It's not a big update though, so I would advise against most of you d/l if you've already played. It's mostly a fix for the big nasty bug. So if you had the big nasty bug and want to see if this fixes it I'd be grateful. Full changes:

Fixed the light puzzle and added better clue
    Fixed bug where puzzle pieces disappeared if used on a normal door
    Removed 'boat puzzle' and replaced with teleporter leading to temporary ending.

it's up here if you want to try it.

Yay!

I missed the original release, and haven't been able to download CofC from anywhere since (I believe Epithumia's site wasn't up yet when I was looking for it) - and I've kind of forgotten all about it. D'oh.

Thanks for a reminder of sorts!
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

Curse Of The Carnival

this mission is one of the coolest missions ive played but

spoiler:
    the light puzzle (last puzzle in the puzzlehouse) is driving me crazy!! anyone got any ideas? i know i gotta light em all up but i am bad at those kind of games

I suppose there is a logical solution to the puzzle however I used the hint in the note from the wagon to complete it. Let me know if you need more detail.

note from wagon?

i got the scrool from the wagon but

spoiler:
    all it says is that to get the stands back i must play the games it says somethin bout a clue in writing but i cant find it. what was the hint you got and howd you get it?

Did you notice that the pages of the scroll are numbered in a strange way?

Extra hint: "You sunk my battleship!"

hmmm

the scroll i have isnt numbered. what version are you playing? im playing the beta version 1.3

sorry lol im so scatterbrained tonight and its been a long time since i played battleship lol

Oops, I apologize because my version's (beta 1.3) scroll doesn't have the numbering either.

I was working from memory but I just dug up an old walkthrough I used that listed the hint about the scroll and the light puzzle. The clue may not actually exist but the solution works. It is A3, C2, A1, C4 with letters corresponding to rows and numbers to columns.

Be aware that, on top of everything else, I don't think the vase objective can be fulfilled in this version either.
    Last edited by Norman Druart; 8th Oct 2002 at 00:00.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast