TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Ranstall Keep (June 2001)

T2 FM: Ranstall Keep (June 2001)

I'm trying to get through Ranstall Keep v.2.4, but however hard I try, I can't find the lockpicks I need. Could anyone of you give me a hint where to look for them?

Thanks very much!

frits

Download links:
    The Circle
    The Circle (no briefing version)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Apr 2010 at 11:07.

Look in the Weapons Shop under the counter.

Thanks for your hint. I'm on my way again!

Frits

Speaking of weapons shop....

Is there any way to open the display cases without breaking the glass? And even then it's extremely difficult to get in the right positions to grab everything. I tried for 5 minutes or so to grab everything.

If there is, I never found it, and I agree, it is a little difficult to grab everything, but with patience, it can be done.

Ranstall Keep: one more hint needed!

In Ranstall Keep v.2.4, I fulfilled all objectives but one: try to find out what happened to all the villagers. I searched the whole place, but I am stuck. Can anyone of you give me a clue where to look?

Thanks

frits

In the house where you found your blackjack (with the fence with a gate in it), there is a book in the small room off to the left. When I read it, that objective was removed and replaced with something else. Try that.

Thanks a lot, Nightwalker,
    I'm gonna walk back to that house.
    frits

Ranstall Keep,great mission.....here is my major problem with it (don't laugh)

Ok I love it,it is very nice and seems to be well thought out.........except for one little thing (something which hardly anyone will discover I imagine,and something the auther didnt even think about) I was thiefing along and being a regular thinker sneak all though the town........until I got to a certain walkway that goes out over some cliffs and some water.............then I got the brilliant idea to try and "cheat" and go down to the water over the fence.....so I snuck back to the post office and grabbed some crates (you can probally see where this is leading huh?) anyways I ended up diving into the water and quick saving ....... and now I cant get back to town to finish my objectives.....oh well I guess I can start over,but it was very upsetting when I was drinking last night and playing the game for a couple of hours..........
    go ahead laugh at me

HaHa

Taking a break

I was just at the end of a mission once, and got attacked by a group of Haunts and dies, so I quickly pressed quickload so I wouldn't have to wait for the death.avi and the menus, but I actually hit quicksave, so when I actually loaded again, it was as I was falling from dying! I had to start over

Originally posted by oblivion:
    then I got the brilliant idea to try and "cheat" and go down to the water over the fence.....so I snuck back to the post office and grabbed some crates (you can probally see where this is leading huh?) anyways I ended up diving into the water and quick saving
    Thats exactly what I did m8 but there IS a way back up to the town when you 1st jump over the fence into the water u can get out and on the left hand side of the river.on the other side theres a cave u need to follow the path all the way to the bridge and then go all the back on the other side of the river and enter the cave this is the way back to the town.
    Hope you read this b4 start again

RiCh

OR - you can follow the path as far as the bridge, cross to the doors and push the button on the left pillar.

See, I DID think of it :P (well, it was my beta tester who thought of it)

Originally posted by Dashjianta:
    [QB]OR - you can follow the path as far as the bridge, cross to the doors and push the button on the left pillar. QB]

BAH!! I missed that!! looks like I'm just gonna have 2 play it again

When I played this one I could just mantle up and then walk right through the fence mentioned above. Glitch?

Ranstall Keep v.2

Great FM! Don't want a spoiler, but a nudge... I have done everything but find the Lord's private rooms. [and my friend] Is there a general area that I have missed somehow. Thanks!

If you haven't found your friend, you need to go back to the village. You missed something there. As for the Lord's private rooms, to get started on that, have you explored the area just inside the big front doors? That's not where his rooms are but you have to do something there to be able to get to his rooms. If you want more info, just post back. I hope that wasn't TOO much.

Thanks! Just after I posted that, I remembered the glowing tubes in the main hall. Luckily I had what I needed this time. As for my 'friend', I have scoured the village... crikey. I'm not one for hints normally, but I have been at this for hours. One more small nudge and I am through asking for help :-)

Okay, here you go - Find a nice big hammer lying around town (there are a couple) and go to the little curtained booths at the back of the church. Take the hammer and smash the seat. That should get you where you need to go.

Now how did I miss that? Is there a clue somewhere that mentions that? Thanks for the nudge... err, shove. :-)
    Now to find that magic rock...

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: prophet2000 ]

Ranstall Keep T2 Question

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I am playing Ranstall Keep T2 by Dashjianta on Expert. It is excellent.

I have completed all the objectives, but I have never found a way to open the metal door in the cave, across the bridge from the front entrance to the Keep.

How does one get in there?

One doesn't. The mission ends just as you walk up to it, as long as all your objectives are fulfilled.

Nightwalker, you are amazing!

This is becoming the "Ask Nightwalker" forum! Hehe.

Taking a break

It's very easy if you just lean forward more often than you probably do

Yeah, dangit, I've had Alt+W bound as my Lean Forward setup and I think I've used it 3 times in 2 years. I keep forgetting {/slaps self on forehead}.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast