TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TG Mission DEADLY DARKNESS Jan/2002

TG Mission DEADLY DARKNESS Jan/2002

After 13 months of hard work my mission is finally ready... so I hope that now you play it and tell me what you think about it! And remember to vote... especially if you like my mission!!

You can download it from The Circle or Thiefmissions.

Tomi

Yay!
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

If you like undead missions, you've got to give this one a try. I've played the beta version and started the final and it's lots of fun!

I just finished it on Deadly and had a blast. I lucked out because I happen to kill one of the fly infested Zombies in the middle of a walkway. The Zombie blew up but the flies stayed. Many of the Hammers where caught there while I hid in a grave near by. I watched them go down and didn't lift a finger. This one is one I definitely want to play again. Great job Tomi. [Thumbs Up!]

Hey, thanks for your comments! It's a great feeling when someone plays your mission and really likes it!
    And thanks for advertising my FM, Nightwalker! [Joke]
    Anyway, I think that it's not just an undead mission... at least it's not an ordinary undead mission. Yeah, there are some zombies in my FM but not too many... so you who hate undead missions should also try this one.
    Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'm saying this only because I'm talking about my own FM!! [Joke]

-Tomi

Oh, I didn't know that the flies could be so lethal! Well I guess that I have to fix it and release a new version. Actually one of my betatesters once told me about that bug, but I thought that he/she was talking about something else... btw was it you Nightwalker??

One thing that worries me is the difficulty level in my FM. Is it too easy or too hard or what? Please tell me what you think.

-Tomi

I don't think you can fix the flies and I hope you don't. Sometimes it's fun when the baddies get killed by other baddies. It was an isolated incident because you would have to try to kill this particular zombie at that particular spot or it won't work. Propably couldn't do it again if I wanted to. I was trying to get the zombies to fight with the Hammers but it wouldn't work in your FM. Sometimes it helps when you can turn them against each other. I did have a tough time killing the archer at the top of the stairs on my way to the tower. One thing that did happen you may need to fix is that after I got the orb I ran back outside, to get away from the main character Garrett is supposed to kill, and he followed and was killed by the flies. It wouldn't click off the objective because I hadn't killed him myself. I started at my last save and did it right. Had a lot of fun leading these Hammers to the flies and hope I can do it again. Do Not Like Hammers!!! Oh BTW can you get into the locked
    cemetery. I couldn't and wondered if it is accessible. [Thumbs Up!]

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Hawklette ]

Hawklette, I asked that same question about the cemetary during testing and was told it was not accessible.

I was the one who found the trick with the flies during the beta, Tomi. I thought it was hillarious and I certainly wouldn't bother trying to change it.

For an Expert thief, even on the hardest setting, it isn't very difficult, but that's not always a bad thing. I'm just playing the final version and, though I'm not finding it terribly challenging, it certainly isn't too easy and I'm having fun! It would be an excellent mission, too, to introduce some people who are afraid of undead to them, because you're right, it's not entirely undead and the ones you do meet are manageable.

So, Congratulations on releasing a fine mission!

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

There are some places where you can't go in my FM...
    Spoiler:
    ...and the cemetery is one of these places... sorry!

-Tomi

Okay you were faster again Nightwalker...
    Thanks for betatesting my mission btw! If you want to test my next mission it would be great!

-Tomi

I'd be honored to betatest for you again. You know where to find me!

I finished it last night on the hardest difficulty level. I like undead missions, and even moreso when I have the equipment to take them out. It's easier that way, but a heck-of-alot more fun. I killed every baddy in the level. Over 30,000 in damage! Is that possible?

I died several times by chopping a zombie at the wrong time. Apparently, exploding zombie parts are sharp, even though they sound squishy when you throw them against the wall. [Weird] That's not a complaint, it's just that I'm usually not close enough to an exploding zombie to take fatal damage from the shrapnel.

I never thought about the flies hurting the Hammers. That's cool. I'll have to try using that trick in future FMs, if the opportunity arises again.

I did look around alot for a key to that cemetary. Tomi, if you do an update, how about making those gates unfrobbable (is that a word?).

I forgot to mention that the midget zombie on uppers was pretty funny.

Yeah, you can do quite a lot damage with your holy sword. 30,000 is quite much, but I don't know how to "fix" it.
    And yes, I will make the gates unfrobbable. Thanks for your feedback!

-Tomi

Just finished this awesome fm, thanks Tomi! I know you put a lot of time and effort into making it. I really loved the green zombies, they gave me the willies! I'm not sure why, but they are scarier than plain zombies. The black zombie guys also scared the living crap out of me! It was great. Thanks from a happy taffer!

BANNED

Hey, Tomi, awesome mission!! I would've gotten it sooner but I keep forgetting to go to TTLG with the game and stuff. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for everyone who have played my mission.

-Tomi

I remember helping betatest this mission sometime back, but don't recall where the Tower or Tower door is. Two steel doors upstairs won't open. Unfrobbable. Spoiler on this one please?

Tomi, great mission. You've added some things. Neat ratmen with hoods and red eyes that seem to just wander around, and show up out of nowhere. Wasn't expecting it.

Viper6
    Spoiler:
    Go past those two doors that won't open, all the way to the top of the stairs and look for a ladder to climb. The tower door is up there.

I gather that the unfrobbable doors you are referring to Viper6 are on the top floor. The Tower Key gives you access

Spoiler:
    to that gem that you need to have in your possession before you can kill D ... the gem is still in the same spot that it was in when you betatested this mission.

Tomi,

Been trying to contact you several times since I changed email addresses back in October (2001) so I could send you my latest test results before you published your fabulous FM but all my emails have been returned undeliverable (the latest 2 days ago). Yet your TTLG profile indicates that you are still using the same address.

In brief, the results for both the finalbeta & published version indicate that your mission just keeps getting better and better. [Thumbs Up!]

However, in both the beta & published versions, I was, and still am, only able to complete all the objectives legitimately in deadly (expert)mode. On easy (normal) and scary (hard) the mission ends prematurely, that is, it ends with all objectives ticked off before I've actually completed them ... in easy it is within 30 seconds of play ... in scary it happens within the library. Incidently, I'm using DarkLoader v3.08 with Thief Gold.

Also tried it, just for fun, with Thief: the Dark Project - v1.14, since the priests were invisible it proved to be very deadly. [Ebil] When updated to v1.33, however, got same results as with Thief Gold.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: DreamWalker ]

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: DreamWalker ]

Had same problem, and apparently overlooked it. Beta ended with all objectives checked 20 - 30 seconds into the game. On Expert, it didn't do this. We discussed this during the beta, and it appeared that you fixed this. Apparently not.

Played for fun this time on Expert. It's been awhile, and I forgot where the tower was. Found it, and finished the mission. Wow, where did all those goons come from. Had 3 health points left so I bolted for the door. Also, didn't try letting the flies get the Hammers. But I'm going to go back and have a little fun with Hammers & goons. I like Terminator play style. Nothing left standing or crawling when I leave, and just enough loot to finish the mission. Great stress reliever.

Well I'm happy to hear that you've liked my mission. About that objective bug... well I really don't know what's wrong with it. On my computer it IS working so I don't know what to do. I tried to fix it but I just don't know what should I do.
    Maybe I'll release another version later.

-Tomi
    Play PROFANE ASCENSION for Thief 2! Click here to download.
    "this mission is the ONE AND ONLY mission to ever actually, 100%, no-BS, really, REALLY SCARE ME!!!"
    ---bassmanret---

Dreamwalker, I don't know what went wrong. I haven't had any problems with my e-mail address before... maybe you didn't spell my address in the right way?
    I will e-mail you later so that we can see if it's working now or not. Anyway, I added you to the credits of my FM and I appreciate your work. Thanks.

-Tomi
    Play PROFANE ASCENSION for Thief 2! Click here to download.
    "this mission is the ONE AND ONLY mission to ever actually, 100%, no-BS, really, REALLY SCARE ME!!!"
    ---bassmanret---

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Viper6
    Spoiler:
    Go past those two doors that won't open, all the way to the top of the stairs and look for a ladder to climb. The tower door is up there.
    Where is this? I have a tower key, but where can I use it? Can anyone help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast