TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Hidden Agenda (01/15/2002)

T2 FM - Hidden Agenda (01/15/2002)

Hi all,

Im happy to be here to announce the release of my Thief 2 FM - "Hidden Agenda"

You can download it on the Cheap Thief Mission Downloads site.

File size is about 8.5MG

File is here: Hidden Agenda

Any and all comments are welcome

Hope you all enjoy it!

Man, they always seem to come out in groups.

Just DL'ed, going to bed now though, probably give it a try tommorrow!!! [Thumbs Up!]

I was lucky enough to be asked to "playtest" this one after betatesting and it's an excellent mission! It's a large, Mechanist compound but it's not confusing to navigate through. It's got a map, like the ones in the original T2 FMs, that marks where you are and where you've been, which is great. It's also set up so that it is completely ghostable for those of you who enjoy that style of play.

I started on Normal, worked my way up to Expert, and for those of you who like to get the MOST play out of a mission, there is a large amount of variation between levels, so it doesn't get boring playing it 3 times. The last time through, I was still having a great time with it. Definitely a top-notch mission, from my point of view. Enjoy!

Thanks, AsyluM!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 23rd Jan 2006 at 10:56.

Betatested this one, too, and I never got tired of playing it after about 10 times or more. [Thumbs Up!]

It's fun, setup for varying playstyles, and it reminds me of some of the classic Mechanist OMs from T2, with lots of architectural delights that surpass any of my attempts at grand architecture. It's flawless (at least I hope so... ) and a huge mission to run around in and steal, blackjack, sneak, explore, read, and on and on and on (it's got just about everything) while still being manageable.

AsyluM has done a fantastic job of creating a beautiful mission with fun gameplay and style and ranks up there in my top 10 favorite FMs I've played.

Well done AsyluM!! I am honoured to have been a part of its evolution.

Don't miss this one!

Finished it last night on expert. Missed alot of loot, too, so I'll have to go back and play it again. There were a few times I got confused because I forgot to go back to a door that I saw and didn't open, or didn't have a key at the time. Using the map got be back on track, though. I've become accustomed to not using the map at all because so many FMs have either no map or a useless map.

Only one complaint: I went out to the "meeting area" before I had finished all of the other objectives and was able to go out on a nearby street that was unfinished (missing sounds and textures). I was able to walk quite a distance, too. Now I wonder if I could get the bot patrolling nearby to chase me back into that area.

yeah, I went out to the "Outer Limits" too.

I've been through the entire mission almost, love the arch, ambieance, ect...

I've found the alcolyte and security keys and opened every door, turned off every security machine, but can't get into the vault or the nearby room, also can't get into the two doors with a "gear lock". One in the center of the tower and one is outside I think. I know I'm missing a key for the RED lockboxes (by vault) but can't find it anywhere, any hints?

Hmmmm... Could either of you let me know how you got "out" of the mission please, i thought i blocked off all doors and such. Tell me through my profile email address as i want as little people to know as possible ...

schwaa - It sounds like your playing expert setting, if so:

Spoiler:
    The red lockboxes should be unfrobbable, you cant do anything with them. If your looking for the "metal" gear then look in the acolytes quarters (In a footlocker near the sleeping Mechanist) and use it on a door in the small chapel.

If your past the above or on another setting then let me know.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: AsyluM ]

Asylum, there's a portcullis which (i think) you meant to make unfrobbable but which is in fact frobbable, through which you can reach the outer edges of the map.

This is a quality mission..mechanist missions/environs aren't usually my favourite but this one is very impressive. [Thumbs Up!]

I just played it for the first time on expert setting. Took me 3 1/2 hours to complete. I have some minor criticisms of it, but overall I would give this mission a 9.0/10.0 rating.

The cemetery gates at the end of the mission near where you meet the Hammer is unfrobbable in ALL of my versions. I checked them. Some of the portcullises in the sewers WERE unfrobbable in the earlier versions, but all of them were fixed too.

schwaa and zacharias, can you send AsyluM the exact portcullis(es) you're referring to? I don't have any in my versions, but I still have yet to play the final release, too, so it might be in there.

Thanks for the comments

I found the portcullis that you were all referring too and have uploaded a version where it is unfrobbable for anyone who downloads the mission from now on...

I knew there had to be something

Oops!

I knew not to go that way, so I never checked it.

*H.D. thumps himself on the head*

It won't happen again, I hope.

You're not the only one thumping themselves on the head, Hit Deity! There were four of us playtesting it and I guess none of us caught it either.

First off let me say, great mission.

Unfortunately I've rushed in straight at expert level and have got a bit stuck:

Spoiler:
    the only objective completed so far is getting into the vault! I am assuming that the enterance to the Hammerite church is the locked door in the big area you first see in the underground section, with a little robot and one of the big bomb firing ones.

Could any one give me a hint to where the key might be?

I've also noticed a second gear locked door in the main complex, where is the gear to this door? I'm assuiming incriminating evidence and blueprints are beyond it?

Please help, as I've been running around for hours trying to find these things.

I dunno, you ask people to test your mission and they play it instead... pffff... [Tsk Tsk]

Oh well, ill forgive you both...

Taliesin -

Spoiler:
    It sounds like you need to find a priests key. Go into the underground plans room, with the big metal / wood table, then go into the unlocked bedroom. From there you should be able to see a gap in the rock above the cabinet thing. Climb through and where there is a sleeping priest should be a key on the table. That should open a couple doors above ground near the vault.

Spoiler:
    The locked double doors in the Hammerite temple is optional, but the key to it is the "rusty" key. You will find this one in the attic of the small office that overlooks the Hammerite temple.

Hope this is the info you need. Let me know how you get on

Thanks AsyluM;

Firstly for the tips
    Spoiler:
    Stupid... Stupid.... Stupid.... First off I forgot about the couple of rooms I couldn't get in near the vault (do'h) worse when I checked the office door, I must have missed trying the acolyte key (double do'h).

and secondly for a first rate mission. The balance of gameplay was excellent and, quite simply, it was one of the most enjoyable fan missions I've played for awhile.

Yep, so much fun that I forgot to test!! I was playing! I confess.

Hidden

Dear Taffers!

just a question on this fine mission, which was much enjoyed playing!

spoiler:
    right to the big vault door, openable from inside (only), is a little grate in the floor, through which I can see another room. But I don't know hot 2 get there?!?

Andreas

It's been so long.... and my memory's not nearly as good as Nightwalker's, but I remember having to come up from the lower floors to get into the vault, and something about it being different on the three difficulty levels. I don't remember any more.

Uh oh looks like my phone line's gonna be really busy today.

This is still one of my all-time favorites.

You've been in the room below there, I'm sure. It's the workroom, where the little bot patrols in and out. There is a control console over on one wall. If you look above it, you'll see the grate that's outside the Vault door. On the Easy setting, you go in through the Main vault door and the control console downstairs opens the Vault door.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh !!!

Thanks, Nightwalker, oh thee restless helper!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast