TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: C2: Inventor's Tower

C2: Inventor's Tower

is it possible to operate the Mine Making Machine? i followed the instructions but couldn't open the locked hatch on top.

Yes, you can, actually, and what happens is quite funny. You have to "use" the proper item on the right slot. When you have them both right, blue lights come on and the top door opens.

I loved the machines in this one. It was FAR TOO TEMPTING to not break the other maching, I just HAD to do it, and I wasn't disappointed
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Breaking the other was fun, although I couldn't get the second one to MAKE anything, I put the items in the right slots, opened the door, drop stuff in, but couldn't find an ON switch??? Doesn't matter though, was one of my favs. I'd like to see an extended version after the contest is over, a couple more similar buildings in the nieghborhood!

thanks. i "placed" the items in the right slots, but didn't "use" them. the result was pretty funny. sounds like schwaa did the same thing, though i don't know what is meant by "opened the door, drop stuff in".

its been a while but I thought the top opened and I put something in there too. ? . maybe not though.

No, nothing goes in the top. After the top hatch opens, you can see a button in there to push.

It's not that difficult to figure out, as it's even stated in the readme, that certain objects should be used like keys on other objects. The book on top of the machine explains what you have to do. The result is very funny Clearly inspired by the Soulforge "quote scroll secret", I'd say.

BTW, does the other machine do anything useful, beside producing loads of gears and exploding?

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: Bumbleson ]

No, it just breaks cool
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

This mission is pretty good. And it cracked me up to see what the machine made after pushing the button. Further impressed that it "got 2".

BTW, where is the optional schematics?

kfg -
    Spoiler:
    check the bookshelf in the room with the body and new objectives.

I'm looking for the third secret.

spoiler:
    I have the stack of coins from the crack.
    I have the sliding bookcase in the lab.

The third secret eludes me even though I've gone over the whole place carefully three or four times.

EDIT: Got it.

spoiler:
    It's under the metal bench on the top floor.
    The switch is under the table in the center of the room. One of the legs on the east side.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 25th Nov 2006 at 02:55.

The comments in this thread seem to indicate I missed two of three secrets on the first playthrough. I was pretty sure there is a secret outside the window on the second floor, but it looks like there isn't.

This is a great one. It was the last mission I played from Contest 2 and it became my favorite. I highly recommend the The Inventor's Tower.

I enjoyed this little mission but, I did have a couple of questions. Can you do anything with the gauge that you acquire somewhere? Same question with the bottles of flare mixture, acic mixture,quicklime, etc.