TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Download "More Time To Foil Karrass"

Nirvana

T2 FM - Download "More Time To Foil Karrass"

Hey.

My Thief 2 Fan Mission is finally ready (in my opinion) for release. If you want you can downlaod it <A HREF="http://members.netjunk.com/nirvana_thief/download.html"> here </A>.
    It's my first attempt and I havn't played many other FM's so I don't quite know how good it really is, so you might want to wait for The Circle to reveiw it. It's there if you want it though, and from that page you can also have a look at some screenshots and the mission info.

Thanx.

Nirvana.

Garrettwannabe

Dude, love to play it but the link doesn't work for the download....quick, fix it - I wanna play it - that way I don't have to build in Dromed like I was a gonna...haha

Dashjianta

Link worked for me. It's now up on The Circle
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/missions/new/time.zip

[This message has been edited by Dashjianta (edited July 09, 2000).]

AznDoDo

I played it, and here my review.

The city layout itself is fairly simple. When I first played the map, I thought it was too much supplies. I mean the armory was filled with Gas Arrows, Water Arrows, Flashbombs, and Mines. But once starting into the game, I realize there was a purpose. The entire place itself is filled with guards. I mean filled! The city street around the Hagen's place had at least 6 people patrolling. Pretty good eye-candy at some parts, but most of the parts are fairly simple. The garden was a bit too rough, it was flooding with lights, and two or three guards circling around it. The Vividrian's place is even worser. There were Security Cameras in almost every room, and most of them rotate about 10 degrees! There was about ten guards in that place. The Pub's ambush was too cheap as it scared every single peasants into the Marketplace. I threw a mine and it denatoed killing five of the reamining guys. The Marketplace was too tough, as it had about 6 guys with Anti-KO helmets. The Catacombs was well designed. It even scared me when I read the sign "Silence of the Dead, No one intrude at night". Cool sound effects around the graves. I also fell into the 'trap' in the bushes, but I had to walk over it twice. The underground Catacomb's trap was fairly simple to figure it out. 6 firearrows on the pedastal...hmm sounds like Bonehoard. I got out without any necessary explosive, and that would be scary to have 4 zombies on your tail when you are lockpicking that door. However, there were several major bugs. Bugs included doorways that didn't even have a Room Database built, even rooms. From the top of my head, most of the room upstair of Vivarian's place had no database and the room after the Underground Catacombs didn't have one. But all in all, excellent for your first try. ( I don't mean the last sentence that your level is pretty decent for a newbie ) I do believe, its a bit 'overguarded' but a good sneaky mission nonetheless.

------------------
    Now you have master Thief, looking for some challenge? Try to loot the Ginyu Fortress 60%
    • Explore the haunted Catacombs and the Cathedral.
    • Sneak through heavy guarded Palace
    • Wander through the Mechanist Installation in the network of caverns.
    • Solve the mystery of the 'haunting' at Ginyu Fortress
    • First Mission of a Series with a developing plot into next

Nirvana

Thanks for your comments and review Anz. It's all appreciated and I'm glad my mission doesn't completely suck

I know it is a bit overguarded, but really I only designed it for play on Expert difficulty, where you can't kill anyone. The point is, every guard can be either sneaked past or blackjacked. I think at least half the guards in the game don't need to be taken on if you approach each situation right. Still, I included the option to be able to kill if you wanna go down that route, so fair 'nuff I guess.

The door thing completely annoyed me. There is a room brush around every way, but I couldn't get the sound to propagate properly. Some of the doors were too loud, some were too quiet. Well, for my next mission I guess I'll go back to basics for a lesson in room brushes .

Anyone other of you more experianced DromEders got any more generic advice?? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the link on my site doesn't work on all comps if you vclick on it, but right clicking and "Saving Target AS" should work fine.

[This message has been edited by Nirvana (edited July 10, 2000).]

cdfbr

it needs alot more detail and alot less ai, i had to kill at least 10% and the rest blackjacked(in some cases) and gased. not bad for a first try

------------------
    my site

Dont be scared of death, death is a part of life,....but when death becomes life then get scared

Garrettwannabe

Yeah, the place is loaded with guards & ya even put some of them with hardhats...haha. I just got like half-way through it and it's a pretty fun play so far. The lighting and alarm in the Gallery is awesome with breaking the glass doors - that is a really cool 1.

Although, was pretty funny & I've never seen the AI's do this but, when I wacked the 3 upstairs - 1 went down and the other 2 went down for a sec & they got up (to my surprise as I just looked at them...) and ran downstairs and decided to pass out down there. I LMAO when I saw that.

Don't be so hard on your level - it's fun and to me thats 1 of the most important things in a level. Also remember, there's probably been hundreds of people who started a level in Dromed and could not finish it.....so congrats man.

Nirvana

Yeah, I know it lacks detail, I wasn't ambitious enough when I first started the level.

As to the over the top AI count - I didn't really think much of it when I made the level because there is no need to kill any human guards, there is always a workaround. I played through the mission fine without killing anyone. But I guess it's not as obvious as I initially thought getting through some areas, and my hindsight as the creator was getting in the way of what I thought the player would do. Oh well, lesson learnt.

And Garrett, I don't know what happened with the two AI's coming back to life briefly! I never saw that happen! Still, if it was amusing as it sounds I guess it's not a bad thing . I'd like to get a screenshot of the guards getting back up!

Thanx for the feedback guys.

Pointdexter43

May I have you guys perrmission to put links to your FM's on my website? Just wanted to ask. My URL is www.geocities.com/pointdexter43/ThiefFM.html
    It's not that big but it's growing.

------------------
    All is fare in love and war.

Nirvana

Pointdexter, I have no problem with you linking to my mission.

[This message has been edited by Nirvana (edited July 13, 2000).]

Brother Renault

Haven't finsished the mission yet, but just wanted to mention that the guards coming back to life also happened to me. Rather, I knocked em out, they went down, and then got right back up and came after me.

Needless to say, I wasn't real prepared for that...

Lancer

Geocities sucks though when it comes to downloads.
    The mission was fine. I've seen the rising guards in other FM's. I never know why they do that.
    As for the hard hatted guards. That's a Thief 2 thingy. If they're totally unaware, no problem. But if they're somewhat aware, then the heard hat takes effect.
    Was a fun level to play around in. Those doors without rooms behind them were kind of annoying. Since I didn't have a key for them, I figured I'd bash them in. Kind of a waste to bash in a door when there's nothing behind them, but I didn't want to take the chance at missing something.
    Btw, I do have a nitpick. I couldn't get the haunt to attack the guards. Even when they all fell into the catacombs below. I had one zombie, one haunt, and one guard standing on that pedestal that the fire arrows were on.
    I always like to arrange for Ai's to fight. Saves me the trouble of having to do it myself. But on this FM, no such luck.

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

Nirvana

The guards coming back to life....thats the strangest thing! I havn't been able to get it to happen myself, but if anyone replays it, could they get ready on the screenshot button for when they get back up? I'd like ot see that!

Lancer, glad you enjoyed it. The doors at the end, I kinda introduced them to give it a more lifelike feel, with some more houses in, but maybe I should have made them unfrobbable. However, there are 2 secrets in the mission....think on it.

As for the guards, zombies and haunts not fighting, that didn't really occur to me. Oh well, next time I'll arrange something for you . That is strange though, because undead and living are supposed to be put automatically on opposing teams....maybe I messed it up. Sorry .

While I'm here, I might as well get some opinions on my next FM idea. I was thinking of making a mission (perhaps campaign) based on George Orwells 1984. I think if I could gte the atmosphere right it could make for a good mission. Whadda y'all think?

------------------
    Try out my first Thief 2 Mission More Time To Foil Karrass if your bored. It can't hurt. Much.

AznDoDo

I would like to write a review. But I dunno the 'layout' or 'form' for how I write the review.

------------------
    Now you have master Thief, looking for some challenge? Try to loot the Ginyu Fortress 60%

Lancer

Nirvana, I shall replay the mission to look for those two secrets. I may have found them, but I'll play it again.
    Yeah, I like to induce fights between AI's and I couldn't do it with these guys.
    I got 4 guards into the cemetary, and I had the haunt in there too. I figured, great! Just where I want everyone, but no, I tried to lure the haunt back, but he disappeared around the corner, and the next time I saw him, he was in the room below. I didn't see him go down the hole. I was within sight of both of them. Guess that's one of the secrets eh? I looked for where he may have gone down, but no luck. I'll le tyou know in a couple of days. When I get another chance to play it.

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

Nirvana

Anz, if ya wanna know the format of The Circle's reveiws, I believe in the Fan Missions area there is a How We Rate section that'll tell you exactly how to reveiw it, work out the score etc.

Lancer, you'll know when you hit those secrets cos the chime plays and it says Found Secret. One shoyuld be easy enuff to find if you look around an area you have to go to, and the second is hidden away in the outer reaches of the level.

------------------
    Try out my first Thief 2 Mission More Time To Foil Karrass if your bored. It can't hurt. Much.

AznDoDo

Well I still didn't beat it on Expert.

I knocked out the three upstair and two downstair guards. I smashed the window. The alarm goes off, and I pick the mask. It says Objective Complete, but it meant I got enough loot. But the mask is still unchecked.

But I having second thought about this mission.

Excellent gameplay!

I gotta try if it possible on FailOnSee

Anyways, I love your Garden's patrol route. There was 3 guards circling, but one of them is slightly behind the other 2 and it made it possible to blackjack one of them.

I would write the review, but I don't like giving ratings.

------------------

Nirvana

Well, glad your playing it as intended. I think it has much more merit as a No kill level.

The mask objective should work, I've tested it and it worked fine for me......I'll go back and have another look, but Ive completed it on expert before.

Glad your enjopying it tho. That makes it all worthwhile .

G'len

'1984' mission.... sounds ginteresting for me. If you want any plot ideas... design ideas etc,playtesting or some minor level design, feel free to contact me at omer@actcom.co.il

Nirvana

Anz, I replayed it and the mask objective worked fine. You sure it didnt work???

G'len, the only help I need is perhaps someone to make some custom skins. can u do that??

[This message has been edited by Nirvana (edited July 15, 2000).]

AznDoDo

I'll give it a try. Maybe I should get some more loot so it trigger the other objective. Also, silly me when I picked up the servant and before getting the mask. But if you pick someone else body and drop it, your speed is back normal. Those doors North of the Pagan's Agent House, does it lead to anywhere?

Also, what your best way to deal with the Pub?

I had to use the Door-Trick and blackjack all 10+ guys and 3 more party-basher in the small room.

------------------

Nirvana

Maybe a few SPOILERS in this here post....
    The doors at the back - Maybe

The pub - enter through the top floor window (You DID enter through the window right?) When you go downstairs, the fight will start. While everyone's attention is on the fight, yoink the key and run back upstairs. Go out through the window and just wait around on the roof. You can either wait ehre as long as you like for the market to calm down, or jump off and blackjack whomever you want. Your call.

------------------

AznDoDo

Yeah the first time I played on NRML, I went upstair and down. I saw a full-scale fight going on, and several nobles left the pub. I just threw a mine at the set of guys since they were such a good target.

The second time on EXPT, I went downstair. I hit the door with my blackjack and stand near the door so the door won't open and BJ anyone's body or head pops through the door. I only did this so no one will alert the KO Guard, since it pretty bad to get them suspicous of me.

*KO-Guard = Helmet Guards...it doesn't make since but I just have a habit of calling them that.

[This message has been edited by AznDoDo (edited July 15, 2000).]

G'len

Sorry costume skins are out of my knowledge and abilities

Nirvana

Dont worry bout it G'len. thanx 4 taking interest in my next project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast