TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead : New Thief Mission

Gonchong

Hammerhead : New Thief Mission

Hammerhead : Return to the Docks

Here is major new mission, a tasty piece of fruit from the Coming of The Trickster(RIP) project.

Details & Download: http://www.gonchong.freeserve.co.uk/thief.html

[This message has been edited by Gonchong (edited January 16, 2000).]

Jayle

mmmmm... new mission.... gurgle
    Can't wait to get my claws into it Gonchong. Thanks for releasing it.

------------------
    The next evolution of In Shambles is upon is. Enter Thief HQ.

gamophyte

The mooooooon.... sigh........

------------------
    -The Gamophyte
    "Is some one there?" "Hmmmm, tis nothing there now"

Excuse me... I have to frob the bathroom.
    http://members.tripod.com/~dcw16

Tim Ewers

Well ive downloaded it and been trying to play it. But it seem like when i do anything for the first time in the game like jump or knock some one out the program freazes for a few seconds of course all the fan made missions do that for some reason. I havent compleated it yet but so far i like it. When i compleat it ill let you know.

Tels

Tim: Do you have TG or TDTP? The "Freezing" is because the game has to load the things from CD for the first time. There is a fix and a new ThiefLoaded which should fix that.

Tels

------------------
    "Why do you go so slowly? Do you think this is some kind of game?"
    The Keepers Archive - Demo missions, mini-FAQ, automatically generate levels and thiefy artwork

Keeper of Equilibrium

Cool! A rowing boat... just lying there... on a moonlit dockside... I'll download this now! That's! what I was trying to say...

Tim Ewers

ive got both the first and the gold will the mission run in both?. Ill down load it for thief gold as well. And i havent updated the original dromed editor as of yet which is the newest one.

HammerHaunter

Looks nice..downloading it now..but wats this?

The Alarus Extension - Revealed!
    Yes, finally we are allowed a glimpse beyond the tantalising pile of rubble...

alarus.zip
    630k Thiefloader ready
    ----------------tell y I should download this--------

TheRogue

It's hard, took a while at the beginning for me.

Went down the river to look around, neat stuff.

Jayle

Hee hee, I love this level. haven't beaten it yet. I have only one objective left (meet what's his face) and one health point and the rest still have a lot of the place to explore. I liked the gate trick and the blacksmith shop. Good job Gonchong!

------------------

Gonchong

One important hint... don't run in and knock out Fleur You won't be able to complete the level otherwise.
    I originally had some code in to stop this happening, but it caused havoc with the other objectives

------------------
    Author of The Docks, Shunned and Hammerhead:Return To The Docks
    http://www.gonchong.freeserve.co.uk/thief.html

kfgecko

Wheeennnn, the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie, that's a Hammerhead....

Gonna play tonight.

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

[This message has been edited by kfgecko (edited January 18, 2000).]

Jayle

Ummm... ooops, Guess I'll have to start over then.

------------------

Tels

Shouldnt the .sig read:

<PRE>
    The next evolution of In Shambles is upon us. Enter Thief HQ.
    </PRE>

? )

------------------
    "Why do you go so slowly? Do you think this is some kind of game?"
    The Keepers Archive - Demo missions, mini-FAQ, automatically generate levels and thiefy artwork

Bruny

Hee hee. Played it last night. It was AWESOME! I'm glad you were able to salvage something so great from your defunct team! I used the original Thief (not Gold) and the original Thief Loader (not version 1.5) and everything worked perfectly, no crashes, no problems, just a lot of fun!

There were even secrets!! Why is it we don't see more secrets in the fan missions??

SPOILERS BELOW!!!
    I was so pleased with myself when I figured out how to get to the crystal.

What was that one key for? I never found out and it's killing me!

Anything of interest in the building with the crusher? I had the feeling there was more there to be found.

You were complaining about doing a realistic seaside venue in your earlier docks mission I remember. The seawall was a GREAT idea and made your docks VERY realistic and believable. My hat's of to you!

Good loot goals. I actually wished there was more loot you were forced to find. There's been lots of discussion about loot goals in single-mission adventures. What's the motivation if you don't have a chance to spend it on a subsequent mission after all? But I found yours enjoyable and with good hints, and hunting loot was actually fun. You pulled it off!

I have some ideas of things you could add to your mission pretty easily if you ever wanted to revise it, if you don't mind my saying. Some scenarios that came to me while I was playing I think you would like.

Okay, I give up. How do you get into the armory?

Bruny

[This message has been edited by Bruny (edited January 17, 2000).]

Gonchong

Thanks for your positive comments

It's already bugging me that fleur can be knocked out (Give the guy a chance, he's harmless . Anyone know how to make him invunrable till he's assasinated? I tried a nigh-invunrable meta but it didn't work..)

In response to 'how do i get into the armoury'.. You've already answered your own question with a previous one

------------------

HammerHaunter

Damn that mission was great! But still can't figure out how to turn off the LightHouse, i played for 2 hrs straight still no luck, and where is boat?

Totality

Well, you could have him invulnerable at the start, (no knockout, 99999 hitpoints), and then give the assination weapons a custom stimulus that will kill him automatically....

------------------

'If the sun don't shine, there's probably a moon in front of it, or possibly a cloud.'
    www.ridge7.demon.co.uk

Gonchong

Right, allow me to announce revision 0.001

I've uploaded it now, with a few last minute bug fixes (very minor),text changes, and more prominent exposure for my Hammer bowman
    Attacking fleur triggers the Hammer attack anyway now, achieved using, Totality will be pleased to note, Receptrons

Anyone who has already downloaded it doesn't need to do so again...Unless you are hosting the level or like bashing servants...

G#

------------------

Totality

/me parties

Hold on, that won't work here will it?

------------------

'If the sun don't shine, there's probably a moon in front of it, or possibly a cloud.'
    www.ridge7.demon.co.uk

Jayle

Oops, pardon my poor grammar.

------------------
    The next evolution of In Shambles is upon us. Enter Thief HQ.

Viper6

Downloaded it, played it, finished it!

This was one "Mutha" of a mission! Almost quit a couple of times and waited for the spoilers and walkthroughs. Had to re-start running many times until I lived long enough to catch my breath. Persistence paid off. "There's gotta be an opening in this direction someplace, but they sure weren't obvious!" Had to try things I've never tried in a Thief Mission. A running start with people shooting at me. Like banging my sword against a gate to make a guard open it to chase me. It worked. Never did figure out what the stick in the gears did, or didn't do.

More health potions please. barely finished with one, and I stretched it.

A real challenge, though. Nice work. Whew!

Purah

stick in the gears, if i'm not mistaken, opened the portcullis below...
    This mission did break some new ground. I had a blast despite the linear plot and progression of events. Everything was obviously painstakingly planned out..which made me pay more attention to details..sometimes, in FM's, I take it for granted that there will be things I can either ignore or get away with..this level made me ponder a bit.
    Despite some pondering, the straightforaward and linear progression made the level very easy to beat even on expert. (once the initial opening chase is mastered)
    I loved the crow noises.
    Out of curiosity, what happened to the team? Surely there are others out there you could team up with (if you wanted to finish the project?)
    Overall, the best fan mission I've played (including bloodstone and edmund) bravo!

------------------
    "Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." -Ouallada

kfgecko

Whoa! Gonchong, Hammerhead was great! (I don't know why I thought it was called in Shambles before...)

Your missions just keep getting better.

Wonderful "progressive" play through the level. Totally impressed how you milked the docks for every dock-related concept you can find... the different areas were EXCELLENT! Yes, you are Mr. Docks. Nice sky, and docks/seawall look. Excellent and believable and **FUN** architecture! Great sneaky puzzle gameplay! Great "feel I'm in the city". Nice story elements and they are fed at the right rate in the beginning. That "last jump down" was exhilerating and a wonderful ending to the story. Awesome 3-dimensional thinking for getting from area to area. COOL "jammed gate" puzzle; it left me gaping at how clever that was... so immersive I didn't think till after I completed the level that, "hey, that piece of wood was just StdButton scripted CD to the portcullis..." NICENICENICENICE!!

It was a bit frustrating in the beginning to have the action start immediately though. I guess I would have preferred that Garrett have no choice but to jump down from some dark area and run instead.

Only one minor bug?: I can trigger the new objective by crushing the boxes in the compressor in dock 1! Wierd!

Hammerhead gets on Kung Fu Gecko's recommendation list!

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

Gonchong

Cheers!

About the compressor triggering the objectives - strange - they should not be linked. Was this before/after the objectives were triggered originally? Was there anything/someone in the crusher at the time? Are you playing the small 0.001 update?

This will probably be my final full Thief 1 mission. This one took long enough to make! I have a haunted church built though, and a few ideas for demo/fun missions.

Btw The Seagulls & loader noises were sampled by Muzman on a real dockside. In Australia, I think.

Keep a look out for the Breath potion, gas arrow, gas mine, partially sunk treasure, and they key to the Weapons Store!
    J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast