TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Datoyminaytah: The Gem questions, two(2) of them.

Thweepwood

Datoyminaytah: The Gem questions, two(2) of them.

I had to cheat in DromEd to get inside the house. How are you suppost to get in? I found a lockpick in Farkus' shop, but to no avail.

Also, I heard WAV files of zombies. They were funny... I went into CragsCleft and I forgot to delete the WAVs, it was so funny! Pounding me with "Gimmie some money!" Talk about aggressive panhandling! But where in The Gem is the beggar, just curious?

----------
    <Font Face="Comic Sans MS" Size="4">Some spare change, den?</Font>
    - The Gem

[This message has been edited by Thweepwood (edited December 12, 1999).]

xarax

Getting in is so easy, you'll slap yourself for not seeing it.

Take a good look at the exterior of the building; you may have to walk up the ramp a bit and look back at it.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==&gt; Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Datoyminaytah

Mantle.

You'll find the beggar later.

The sound problem has been reported a lot. Doesn't ThiefLoader clean up my sounds? Or are people unzipping manually or not letting ThiefLoader clean up before playing a different mission?

Thweepwood

At the time, I didn't have ThiefLoader and I loaded up cragscleft with DromEd, anyway.

What do you mean, "later?" I'll have to download it again... And did you mean the window? I tried to get in, in may ways, even the stairway next to the house.

Also, it's not really a bug... just VERY FUNNY!!!

Gimmie some money! GIMMIE SOME MONEY! Some spare change, den? C'mon, Gimmie some money.

Datoyminaytah, mind if I use that as a signature?

Thweepwood

I forgot... Was the voice acting for the beggar/Farkus/Garrett yours? It was preetty damn good.

Datoyminaytah

Yes, I did voices for Farkus and the beggar.

Fred Chook

Not what I'd imagine Farkus sounding like. He'd be a little more like Nobby Nobbs. True, you never actually hear him, either, but it's easier to imagine.

Oh, and, when Farkus us shot, he makes the standard servant's '<small>Ugh!'

Datoyminaytah

Aw! I tried to think of everything that a player could do. Why didn't I think of something so basic as killing Farkus? I thought about what happens if you kill the beggar, even though it's a duplicate of a guard death sound, so why didn't I think about Farkus? Oh, well, pobody's nerfect.

Fred Chook

I meant he does the 'Ugh' bit in the original game. Of course, your Farkus does the whole bit- <small>'Help! Help! There's a guy over here!'

Datoyminaytah

Yes. Quite a sudden change in voice.

Fred Chook

Maybe we has panic attacks easily. Not an ideal quality for a black-market trader.