TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Stowaway..Done and Beta-Tested..

Apache

Stowaway..Done and Beta-Tested..

Well the final release of Stowaway is on my page. It has been beta tested and hopefully I got all the bugs out. Also I am pleased to say that the polycount at it's highest point is...(insert drum roll here) 290..yes 290.
    This is part 1 of the double mission pack due out in 1 week..complete with full AVI briefings and a cutscene.
    You can either wait to play it then or grab it now. All those who tried to play it before and didn't...can now play it. Have Fun

------------------
    Live in the Shadows..Work in the Shadows..Die in the Shadows...
    Thief Page NativeArt Design

Jon_J

I played it twice now Apache, but the first time I played, I ignored the msg that says get sword B4 boarding ship.
    I restarted and finished it on "Normal"
    I liked this level, and being a beginner thief, it wasn't too difficult for me.
    (I'm only at the entrance of Bonehoard on my TG game, as I just started playing Thief 3 weeks ago).
    I didn't encounter any bugs in this version, (which was the one with the briefing.avi mislabeled), (I renamed it).
    But I didn't try to "Bug Test" it either, or try to get in areas "outside" the places I needed to go to play the level.

Jon_J

[This message has been edited by Jon_J (edited January 27, 2000).]

kfgecko

Woa! This community just keeps producing fun stuff! Apache, this was a bite of fun! It's a little small, simple, and easy for the veteran, but that doesn't make it bad at all.

I was AMAZED at the "transition". I didn't even notice it happened... so after completing it, I played it again to be aware.

Hey, everybody... play this... it's a quick one, and fun!

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

Tim Ewers

Ok i finished your level but a couple of things. One i never did see the burrick i heard it but did not see it. Also was there suppose to be a guard in the room down below besides the hammer?, Again i heard one but did not see any. Another thing is one of the guard was gone there were three before we left the dock but one of them dissapeard afterword unless he was supposed to. Other than that it seamed to be a straight foward mission. kinda differant for a change.

looking foward to your next one.

Apache

Still 3 guards..
    1 at the end of the hallway
    1 on deck
    1 in the helm
    ...the burricks are in the haul of the ship..there is a way down..just have to do alittle searching.
    The guard you hear down in the room is coming from above you..Hint..look around the room with the bed and desk..

------------------

kfgecko

Apache, tell Digi Night about your mission so it can be posted to TDP.

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

foucaultin

Apache,

played hunt and enjoyed it. liked your ideas with the talismans and such. if i may make one recommendation? i played it on expert and felt there were too many weapons and healing potions available. other than that i loved it.

tried playing call, but it didn't seem finished. there were some lighting issues and the top story was comletely dark. am i wrong, or did i download the wrong file?

tried playing stowaway, but when i click "stowaway" to start the game i'm kicked back to windows... any ideas?

love the missions. congrats.

------------------
    why do i rob banks? cause that's where the money is...

Apache

The Hunt zip that is up there isn't quite the final version..added extra healing and stuff so the testers could make it thru on Expert. You are right about Call nowheres near finished..It's on my site so I would have a back-up of the zip in case I crashed my puter.

------------------

Apache

Originally posted by kfgecko:
    Apache, tell Digi Night about your mission so it can be posted to TDP.

This is part of the double mission pack I am posting tomorrow morning. Thats why I haven't told him about it yet. Once I get the whole thing done..Then I'll email him about the mission pack.

------------------

foucaultin

any idea why it would kick me back to windows? it runs in dromed just fine, other than not being able to load a saved game.

thanks for a fun mission. i'm able to play in dromed until i die, then have to completely restart. sigh...

------------------
    why do i rob banks? cause that's where the money is...

doogle

Hi apache >

I'm probly a lil late now but I just finished testing this thing n found a couple of very minor bits in it, mainly in your texts though but one texture missing )

the lift from the roof to the docks, if you stand on the far side, (closest to the edge of the level) the texture isn't there on the edge, ie you can see through the lift.

Also the windows in the burrick hull place can be opened by hittin gthem with the sword but then they vanish but you don't drown due to a sudden gush of flooding water (which would have been cool)

the text stuff were mainly the use of that instead of they and linebreaks
    in the middle
    of sentences. other than that its an absolutely amazing experiance, I especially liked the secrets to get into the hull )

------------------
    Happy Happy Joy Joy