TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New FM: Turning the Tables

Thiefs_Pawn

New FM: Turning the Tables

It's finally done, my FM can be downloaded <A HREF=http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball0411/thief/ttt.zip>from here</A> and will hopefully be on TDP soon. It's TL compatible and has worked in testing with both TDP and TG.
    Enjoy

[This message has been edited by Thiefs_Pawn (edited May 23, 2000).]

Thiefs_Pawn

My, don't things sink quickly round here

SilentSleep

I just finished downloading it.

I only had time to play about 10 minutes worth, and it seems good so far , but I'm not seeing any ambient light. Did you put it in? It's more likely that it's another problem with my video card though.

------------------
    The Order Of The Vine
    ...and other stuff.

[This message has been edited by SilentSleep (edited May 23, 2000).]

Thiefs_Pawn

It has 'ambient 20', or should have anyway. I can see fine on my monitor/video card combo but everyone seems to be different

Thiefs_Pawn

It's now up on TDP (Should we call it TTC now?) So if anyone has any feedback/comments/questions etc please post them here.
    (3 replies to my own topic, oh dear )

Apache

I DL'ed already and started playing..I have a question. The goals mention placing the "bodies" is one of the bodies that Thief in the beginning? If so, DAM....already in the house. How I have to either go back and get him or start over. Playing on Expert BTW.

------------------
    Just a friend from the Shadows.

Sperry

nice file name (jk)
    btw, i hope this is for thief 1...

Sperry

I agree about the ambient; not enough
    i think it depends if you installed the drivers that came with thief or not. Anyway, really good so far... immensely impressed with the little things: borders on the walls, rubble with modified "material" properties, and the working lanternguards! i'll have to figure the latter one out.
    later

Viper6

You have one fine mission here. D/l from TDP site, played normal, finished it. Very challenging, fiesty guards, great architecture, and I loved the pool/billiard table. Even has a maze in it. Everything worked that I could see, no glitches.

That one spider is fierce, and fast. Had to run back to the starting point and jump into the fountain to keep it from getting me. It hesitated, and I got it with a broadhead.

Well hidden switches to key access areas.

Never could get into the Armory. Was that a teaser? And, on normal, never found the Tomb.

Two Silver Hammers!

belboz

I finished it on all 3 settings, but it was a bit dark, so I loaded into dromed to see what the ambient level was, and it read 0.00

but i would give it 3.5 silvers for that confrontation on expert, and the total change in mission settings, but it depends on what the reviewer likes, and I ain't the reviewer.

Viper6

Thanks to t-wrexx, I got the Armory open and cleaned it out. The Vault, on Hard is a real surprise.

Can anyone tell me where the Tomb entrance is, and how to get into it.

sp4f

Great FM but one problem how can i get into the treasury and where is the tomb on normal.
    Keep on building and i'll keep on playin

Sperry

ok!
    i'm stumped!
    how did you get the lantern guard to work so well?
    mine just dont light-up garrets "shadow-gem" thing!!
    could any of you be so galant as to at least refer me to a tut please?
    thx

Sperry

hehe.
    just found a really good post.
    never mind.
    thx anyway http://www.ttlg.com/forums/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000217.html

Thiefs_Pawn

Thanks for all the nice comments, I've just got back from a bank holiday weekend hence my lack of replies.
    Sorry about the ambient light, I definitely set it and it seemed to work on my machine so something odd has happened there

Apache, yes one of the bodies you need is the one at the beginning. But if you're playing on expert it would be worth putting the other body in the vault before you go back for the first one.

Sperry, I basically got the idea from Totality's tute but there are a couple of minor differences. I have a slow stim on the guard holding the lantern that set's your visibility back to normal, that's needed because if the guard falls forward the lantern gets buried and you stay lit up permantly. (Not a problem in Totality's version as he has the light stim on the guard not the lantern). I also have a slow line of sight stim on the lantern so that if you duck round a corner your visiblity is reset.
    BTW what did you mean about modified rubble? I don't remember doing that

Spoilers about the tomb and armoury coming up

The armoury can be got into on all difficulty levels by picking the grating then leaning in and pickpocketing the guard.
    The tomb can only be gotten into on expert. Wilikin's diary changes on expert to give you a hint on how to get in. If anyone still needs help after that I'll post a more explicit spoiler.

[This message has been edited by Thiefs_Pawn (edited May 30, 2000).]

Thiefs_Pawn

As a side note, have people found the other ways into Bifford's bedroom? (especially useful on Hard and Expert)
    sp4f, sorry didn't see your first question the first time through.
    Minor spoiler
    When you get to Bifford's bedroom to kill him you can read his diary (in the chest by his bed) this should give you a hint about how to get into the treasure room. If you need more help, just ask.

NickD

Great mission but I'm also stumped.

Possible Spoiler
    I've found the secret entrance in the bedroom but there's a cabinet blocking it. I've tried bashing it, blowing it up and climbing over it all to no avail. There's also one locked door in the basement that I can't get through. BTW, I'm playing on Easy. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thiefs_Pawn

If anybody here has only played on easy then I recommend you at least play it through on hard too, it makes quite a difference. (and you can only get into the tomb on expert)
    Ok, spoiler for people having trouble with furniture removal
    There are two buttons in the master bedroom, one to open the door and one to move the cabinet.
    If you want it spelled out keep reading
    Look high on the pillars around the bed
    (And behind the banner for people who haven't opened the door)

[This message has been edited by Thiefs_Pawn (edited May 30, 2000).]

sp4f

Thanx thiefs_pawn. suffice to say I could kick myself for not getting the pillars one. as the immortal homer j simpson says 'DOH!'. Look forward to any other FMs you make.

MaD-SaM

Ok, I've just started to play it, in fact I think I'm quite a bit in. So far it seems like a average mission. Not great, Not bad.

I've pressed the button in Biffords bedroom but I can't enter the area because theres a cabinet in the way... tut tut. I'll work it out. I also left that body back at the start. I do have to go back and put it in the vault don't I? Oh well.

mad

the_grip

i was one of the beta-testers for this mission, and i recommend it to all who enjoy a bit of teefing...

Great mission, i highly recommend it.

------------------
    "Whadda I look like, a guy that's not lazy?"

Viper6

Did you like Banshee's "Lord Edmond", and "The Vigil". This mission has a lot of that same flavor. In this mission you are challenged to test the level, look for weaknesses, develop a tactical approach, and prioritize. Although you'll do a lot of head bashing (my body count was around 30), just head bashing alone won't win this one. You have some thinking and strategising to do.

Try it on normal or hard first to get the layout, then try Expert.

2 Silver Hammers on Normal. 4 - 4 1/2 on Expert.