TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Fall Of A Chook...

Fred Chook

Fall Of A Chook...

...is out.

------------------
    Fred Chook. Thief, SPCF President, Level Creator, High King Of The Forum, 1000th clue writer, Occasional Half-Elf,

Michail

What is SPCF?

Fafhrd

High King of the Forum? Which forum exactly is that?

------------------
    It is a far, far better thing to keep a firm anchor in nonsense than to set out on the troubled waters of thought.

JefferyEMP

All of the AI's were stuck in the "T" position when i tried to play it. This happen to anyone else?

------------------

xarax

Sounds a bit like the convict script wasn't loaded...?

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Fred Chook

SPCF- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Farkus
    High King- Keeper Mallinson proclaimed me this after I did the 1000th clue.
    T-Position- Blimey! Works fine for me, and Digital would have tested it before he posted it, I suppose. Must be a fault of yours, or a rotten download.

Fred Chook

Thinks.
    You have TG, don't you?

Larson

Same problem here with the "T-formation" of the AI's, and I run it with the ordinary Thief.

- Larson

Fred Chook

It requires TG. I'm fairly sure it says that in the readme. It's another reason for upgrading.

Michail

I have Thief Gold, but sounds won't work! I mean footsteps, guard replics and ambient. Only Garret's "Hhhu" when i'm jumping from "courch" position. Also, notice, when i load mission in Dromed, it writes something like "out of texture space" or... it seems that it is not enough memory for textures. Have you compressed all texture families? Well, i have 32 mb RAM, maybe that's the problem? I don't think so, because gold levels works fine, and they are huge. This mission have small/medium size.

PS: And it is VERY slow!!! (i mean fps)

Datoyminaytah

Yes, I ran it under Thief Gold, and had the same problem with sound. Actually, I ran it under DromEd (trying to find that baby burrick ) and at one point the sound started working. I think it was after I noclipped out of the world and came back in. Strange, huh?

Fred Chook

Blimey!
    Hmmm...

xarax

It's also "Out of texture space". Always use "compress_family all" before releasing a mission.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

NickD

I've got TG and don't have a problem with sounds. However the graphics are a bit jumpy on my machine. Haven't got much past the starting area. The patroling guard in the starting area searches for me but doesn't seem to see me.

Fred Chook

He's blind. Check Fred's mail.

Paz

So I can't play the mission properly unless I have Thief Gold?

I'm trying to make a stand against Capitalism by not buying it, and this is my reward?

Oh well .

HammerHaunter

wtf.. I can't play foc, if i don't have T gold??..this is messed up

Saracoth

"Messed up" or not, Fred might try something I suggested in another thread just a moment ago. Including the Thief Gold dark.gam file as well as any additional textures and such should clear up some problems. Just a guess

Datoyminaytah

I started a new game (no sound) moved a little, saved the game, and reloaded the saved game. (Sound.)

Viper6

I'm using the latest version of Thief Loader that I downloaded a few weeks ago from TTLG site. FOAC seems to work OK, but some of the guards downstairs do the motionless standing "T" thing. Looks like it was done deliberately that way to make the mission wierder, a 'la TG outtakes.

Fred Chook

You want weird? Try doing it on Expert!

Spoilers and Hot Dogs, next left.

Getting out requires key to sewer grate. Pew used to clean sewer. Frog took key. Frogs in zoo. Can't get in pen. Fire firebolt at boards, climb ladder, jump over edge onto guard. Jump into frog pen. Grab key, climb out.