TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 mission The Treasury 1999.11.07

MaD-SaM

T1 mission The Treasury 1999.11.07

Hmm, can people download the FM made by Garotte and post some comments up here. Just download it at TEG.

I've had a complaint that its unplayable.
    Erm I hope not because it worked with me.

I will be answering questions for Garrotte this week as he is away. So send me a mail or post here. I will also be writing a Walkthrough which is complete and will be posting it soon

Cya
    MaD-SaM

[This message has been edited by MaD-SaM (edited November 08, 1999).]

Garrettwannabe

Started last night....great level so far...but I found the key and doesn't seem to open either place...don't wanna spoil, but I'll search some more tonight...Thanks for the level

Apache

Same here..have this key. No name..and no lock it fits..I searched the whole level that i could find..even the sewers. Not a single guard still standing..Oh well I guess I'll keep looking.

------------------
    Live in the Shadows..Work in the Shadows..Die in the Shadows...
    Thief-The Light Project

Garrettwannabe

Some great work on this level...every1 should try this one for sure...now I can't figure which button to push Gets kinda hot if ya don't push the right one/one's?

[This message has been edited by Garrettwannabe (edited November 09, 1999).]

TPR578

Where is it? I don't see it on thief-darkproject.com.

Bruny

Just downloaded and played it last night. It was excellent. The best FM I have played yet. Almost all of the puzzles were just right. They made me scratch my head and think for a while. I'm dying to describe the parts I liked best but don't want to make any spoilers so soon. The only real problem with it is that I was playing it for so long last night and didn't get any work done on my own mission at all!

Great job Garotte!

Bruny

MaD-SaM

thanks for the feedback people.
    Keep them coming

If you need help so bad email me as I know everything!

madsam@btinternet.com

MaD-SaM

So lets see what score everyone thinks it will get

Garotte

Ok another week of therapy at the asylum finished!!!! So if I may I will step in for Mad SaM.
    Well just read the initial comments. Picked myself of the floor and am dumbstruck.
    Bruny you get the money I sent you last week?
    Garrettwannabe yours is on it's way.
    I've jus' sweated for a week praying that someone might even download it!
    Bruny, "Best"... not in my book maybe but I'm really so glad you enjoyed it.
    The entrance key was well hidden and to reply to a comment made elsewhere sorry about the missing lockbox but if that was a nit pick then I'm more than over the moon. Had debated it but concluded the mere fact that it hilighted suggested it would open with something. Anyway it's early days but love you guys, it's made it all worthwhile.
    Cheers for now ( got a bottle to open)

NogginKnockers

The Treasury is a great mission, the best I've played so far. I survived the big jump by one health shield (I hit the grass first). Lucky I had some health potions to finish the game!

Garotte

Thanx NogginKnockers. Another skydiver it seems. There is a spoiler but let's just say that there is another far less painful way into the complex. Bow now to my cryptic puzzles!!!! That was a hint so please no references to my puzzle abilities. I chucked out loads of puzzles I thought a little to convoluted in their conception but if there are players who want to spend more time puzzling than Black Jacking I might be tempted to do an Egyptian Tomb Raider type mission. Players would really need a 450 or above machine though due to the lengthy load times and the frequency of their occurance!! Also Garrett is not quite as nimble as Lara which had me remove a couple of jump intensive areas due to his inconsistent performance.(Moving platforms and the dodging of projectiles were involved)
    Again I am bowled over by the reception I've got with my first offering. There I said it,does that mean I have to start another Mission? Believe me I just get off on making working devices. The rest is just like padding to justify their existence! now if I can just get my head through the door I'm gone for a pint.

Bruny

Yeah, I spent a LOONG time as a skydiver in your mission. But I never did manage to survive even one attempt. Figuring out the easier way gave me much joy after so much heartache.

Really, it was an excellent mission. Although you as the creator may see lots of flaws, you put in some VERY good things that made it fun as hell! Your mission should serve as a tutorial for guard placement and good gameplay.

Bruny

kfgecko

Help... I'm stuck in the room with the skulls and hammer lined up. I thought they were a clue as to "where to walk" but apparently not. Can someone help me get past this red floor?

------------------
    Have you visited The Library? (a Kung Fu Gecko mission)
    "gem of a level" "tons of replayability" "1.5 to 2 silver hammers" - TDP TEG
    Coming Nov 28: Prepare for an undead affair... Bloodstone Prison...

Fred Chook

Throw the skulls on it.

Garotte

Or look at the layout facing right as you reach the top of the ladder and it's the same layout when you then turn 90 left to head across the red floor. Nice one Fred though it is the other method, only might take longer to do!See the ref. to your name KFG? I couldn't resist the cryptic inclusion of Judos Lizard in the punishment log!!!!