Banshee

New Mission - Guardhouse 2

Nothing much to say, just grab the goods from this site:
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/jussi.lehtinen/gh2.htm

Have fun.

Sperry

Defenitly improved.
    The new voices cought me off guard.
    Overall fun mission (finished easy on my first try)
    Have you any other missions?

------------------
    Tuttocomb at the guild or at http://www.geocities.com/chiappa1/Tuttocomb.html

Thweepwood

I don't think some of the things said were very nice about the original. I all around liked it! Though... it seemed to have been made in a bit of a hurry.

The webpage looks pretty professional!

greeneggs

Comments of the original 'Guardhouse':

"Probably the worst Fan Mission ever made." -Digital Nightfall

"The water doesn't splash." - Old messageboard (don't remember who)

"Absolutely revoulting use of textures." - Anonymous e-mail

"I liked the coins in the bottom of the well." - Anonymous

"Where the h**l is me sword!" - Old messageboard (don't remember)

"I think it's a bit tricky" - Banshee

Wow. I'm dying to download it now. You must be in marketing or something...

Greeneggs

------------------
    That Sam-I-Am, That Sam-I-Am, I do not like that Sam-I-Am.

Banshee

> Wow. I'm dying to download it now. You must be in marketing or something...

Hmmm... do you think I should have placed more emphasis on the fact that this is the 'new and improved' flavour?

>Have you any other missions?

Yeah, I've done a couple.

xarax

It's cool. Is there a way to give back the 8 pennies (coins) to the little girl for an extra bonus?

Also, when I installed "Original" in Thiefloader 1.5, the custom sounds for GHouse2 are still there! How do I get GHouse2 completely uninstalled?

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Banshee

Gasp. Mr. Bed might be able to tell us why this happens.

Of course, you can do the dirty uninstall procedure and delete the snd/Garrett/English path under your Thief Directory.

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited March 29, 2000).]

Avalon

You may simply have to install the level again, then install original once more. ThiefLoader has a few bugs, but they're not too big. It's still an awesome program. Anyhow, sometimes it "forgets" to remove everything. And sometimes it "remembers" too much. Just the other day, I had to install my dark.gam again, because TL removed it.

------------------
    "This room brush is getting awfully stuffy..."

xarax

I installed "The Careless Hand" and everything seems fine for now. weird.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Viper6

Well, Banshee...you've done it again.

Very nicely done. Somewhat small, and deceptive. Looks like a pushover, and it's not. A lot more difficult than it looks at first, but a lot of fun. Neat new voices!

It still never ceases to amaze me how you guys will drop one of these "Gems" on-line, with a, "Here's something I threw together; have fun". Like it's no big deal.

Nice work (again) Banshee.

MaD-SaM

Hmm, a very nice little number... I liked it better than The Vigil to be honest...

very funny... Do you have anything planned for T2?

MaD

Banshee

Originally posted by MaD-SaM:
    very funny... Do you have anything planned for T2?
    Yeah. Buying it.
    (should be in stores over here either tomorrow or Monday...)

Banshee

Originally posted by xarax:

Also, when I installed "Original" in Thiefloader 1.5, the custom sounds for GHouse2 are still there! How do I get GHouse2 completely uninstalled?
    Further info... I was playing through the OMs today to pass the time until Thief 2 (release date pushed back to April 5th), and noticed that the Thieves' Guild mission was still Ghouse, which I had tested (although without any texts or object names). Also noticed that none of the other TG extra missions work properly... there are no enemies and they eventually crash after playing a while. Other missions work fine. What's going on here?

Despot

Usually that happens when you set up the mission as mission 15...that's the of the new missions in TG. For FMs to work properly in TG, they need to be set up as mission 19 or higher.

------------------
    'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogroves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

kfgecko

Finally got around to playing gh2.

Banshee is a man who understands!

This mission has simplistic yet very EFFECTIVE architecture (inside) and very nice outdoor architecture. It's filled to the brim with story... way more than some "grander" missions.

I had a spasm in shock as I tried following where the other thief went... heh.

Banshee, my man, I was expecting just a light hearted "demo-ish" mission as a joke sequel to gh1, but this is a full on mission! It's just not as grand as Edmunds or Vigil. Wow! Tons of fun!

I love how you made areas inpenitrable via placed guards until the player access equipment in other areas.

The map for the puzzle seems wrong though... I still get shot up even though I follow the map. So I defeated the puzzle by forward momentum jump running.

It was so simple, yet the lighting and puzzle to get to the guard where Mr. crazy violent hands was was brilliant and so effective.

You've giving me motivation to go ahead and make a 3rd KFG mission... in Thief 2. Thanks, bud.

------------------
    "I'll poke 'im with my sword until he goes, 'oops! I'm dead!' Ha! See? No one'll mess with ol' Benny."
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison and The Library

[insert cool name here]

*Sniffle* Its...so true! Group hug!!

d0om

I liked it too. Especillay the "Key that opens everything" even though it dosen't! (the wooden doors to the warehouse)
    However a guard kept running through the wall near the arrow trap, very weird.

------------------
    Go to my website! Download My T2 demo mission. Its fun for all (apart form the luckless guards) with posion, a combo door and 3 lockpicks. As well as lots of silly goings on if you personally kill the hammer.