TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Estatica

Well Buddy,

I have not completed this level but I have figured some stuff. To gain access to the builiding in the market place you shoot a rope arrow at the wooden thing sticking out at the side of the building and then climb up.

Once you r in then explore the rooms ,etc and goto the room where the safe is. Pick the lock and get the key from the safe. Now go outside using the key u got, in the main entrance door. Now you should see a wooden trap-door over to your left as you walk out the building. Use the key u got from the safe on the lock above the trap-door.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT STANDING ON IT AS YOU USE THE KEY IN THE LOCK.
    When the trap-door opens it reveals the basement or something...then go from there. I hope that helped. Please tell me if it did!

I might not have answered u'r question but I hope I helped.

Shadow_Garrett

I was able to get in that small window too and I was also able to get back out. I just brought a crate from another room to help me out. Just put it near the window and jump on the box then jump or crawl through the window. I got in easy that way.

Tarquin

Lord Edmund entertains - how do I get into walled compound

How do I get into the walled complex. I've found and unlocked the lock (with floor-door) near the market but it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried tricking the guard near the double portcullis to let me in but that doesn't work either. What am I missing ?

Thanks, Tarquin

Banshee

Hmm... The lock near the marketplace (opposite the orphanage) should open the delivery hatch in the street. I've had reports that the hatch does not open while you're standing on it, though. Sorry.

Viper6

The key in the wall safe inside the market opens the lock to the delivery entrance on the wall of the building. After it is unlocked the door on the ground should open. If not, "look" at it, it will illuminate, then click on it and it should open. And step off of it if you're standing on it.

matrim

Help With Lord Edmund's Entertainment

Hello.
    In the Mission Lorde Edmund Entertains, I am have a lot of trouble. Here are my questions: How do you open the wall safe in the marke? And How do you get into Lord Edmunds Mansion. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matrim

---------------------------------------------

Wassamatta You?!?!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 3rd Jan 2013 at 10:42. Reason: added spoiler cover

xarax

Well, it was a long time ago, so my memory may fail me:

1. The mission is too dark, so you'll have trouble finding important objects. If you have DromEd, you may want to re-light with ambient 25 or 30, using objcast lighting.

2. There are 2 lockboxes that are very well hidden in shadows. One is pickable, while the other needs a key.

That's the best that my feeble brain can produce for now.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Thelvyn

lets start with the safe, theres a lock box behind the desk in the same office that will open the safe ( I think been a long time )

getting into edmunds, when you exit the market turn left and follow the street to the end ( not far ) to your right you will see a trap door in the ground with a lockbox above it, use the key you get in the market to open this.

Jon_J

Lord Edmund Entertains

Is there a walkthru anywhere?
    And I'm having a difficult time killing the undead char circleing the table in the basement. I'm not too good with the sword yet, and have tried holy water arrows on him. I used about 8 or 9 broadheads on him and he just laughs at me.
    BTW, I searched this forum and found some spoilers, but nothing on how to kill that undead char. (matter of a fact one post said he killed this undead, but didn't describe how he did it.)

Thank You,
    Jon_J

[insert cool name here]

I don't believe you can kill him. Try luring him into the chapel, lock him in, and get the idol. Then to get out, lock him in the basement.

kfgecko

You can kill him. And he's not undead. That's Lord Edmund himself... gone crazy.

Sneak down there without him hearing you (use moss arrows) and "assasinate him" with broadheads from the dark hall until he dies.

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

Viper6

No undeads in this mission, just guards and Lord Edmund hisself with no sense of humor. Broadheads will work. Your sword will work too.

Banshee

As stated above, Eddie is quite mortal. He has the stats of a hammerite guard, with triple the hit points, so he's tough to beat on swordplay. However, gas arrows, flash bombs, and the blackjack should work normally.

kfgecko

... and listen closely to what Lord Edmund says as he dies. It's SOOOOO hilarious!!

Banshee, I busted up hard and rolled on my keyboard.

"Fesic (or whatever the name), ... get ..." I won't spoil it. Heh heh.

I have a key, and she has a key, but where the hell is his key. I have a key, and she has a key, but where the hell is his key. I have a key, and she has a key, but where the hell is his key. I have a key, and she has a key, but where the hell is his key. I have a key, and she has a key, but where the hell is his key.

------------------
    Have you checked into Bloodstone Prison? Rated "4.5 Silver Hammers" at TDP TEG
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 Silver" - TDP TEG

[This message has been edited by kfgecko (edited January 21, 2000).]

Jon_J

I tried the broadheads on him, He just seems to shrug them off. I used 5 or 6 on him, I don't remember, he gets to me too fast to shoot 10 or more at him.
    Is there a key to the magic room in the market?
    I bashed the panal open, but can't crawl through like someone here did.

thanks for the replys, I would try blackjacking him, but have no moss arrows.

Jon_J

Lancer

It's possible to kill him with your sword from the dark, but you better be good with the sword in dueling because it takes several hits. Start with a well placed broadhead, then as he comes closer, sword fight him while slowly backing up.

The second time I played it, I used a gas arrow on him. Flash bombs work just as well.

The locked room in the market holds many fine tools to assist you in your quest. You'll find it by thoroughly checking all the rooms upstairs, particularly a woman's room. Once you have the key, get the goodies from the market, and go see Lord Edmund.

Hehe! The first time, I opened that room after I had either blackjacked or killed everyone in the level. Too late for the goodies to be of any help.

------------------
    Lancer

Jon_J

Thanks for the reply Lancer, but I have checked all rooms upstairs.
    The two behind the chapel, one with shutter, other ajacent to it.
    The three rooms in area with fireplace in middle with 2 benches.
    And other room with sleeping person with shutter.
    Is that sleeping person a woman? I cannot see his/her face.
    I have several keys, is it possible to lose a key?
    Does the key you mention have a name?
    The only places I haven't been through completely are the front entrance, (3 guards), and the basement.
    Thanks,
    Jon_J

Warmjazz

The second time i played this level..
    I stood in the hallway before him and ran past him,jumped up on the table, and there i was,untouchable to Evil Ed and proceeded to
    kill him with broadheads..he stood there waving his hand in frustration.It's a little bit of cheating,but it was fun.As was the whole level!

[This message has been edited by Warmjazz (edited January 21, 2000).]

Sparrowhawk

I had no trouble blackjacking him. I jumped up and down in the dark, then, leaning forward, waited for him to approach me. Then *WHAM*. This technique works well against any human opponent, but you have to do it right, or else they'll catch you.

Lancer

jon_j, it's in one of those rooms at the top of the long straight stairs where you can go through the fireplace into the woman's room. It's an empty guest room.
    The one where someone is sleeping is a servant I think. That's at the other end of the upstairs hall.

Yes, you can drop a key by hitting the "R" key.

I think it's name is "unknown key" but it's been awhile so I'm not sure.

------------------
    Lancer

Jon_J

Thanks a bunch, I got some more broadheads from the 3 guards at the front gate, then it seemed like I used about 10 of 'em to kill Edmund.
    I'll try to find that key later, I copyed this post.
    BTW, I did find a key in the room behind the fireplace, but it was one of those that opened the vault.

Maybe I did drop the key while putting a scroll back on a desk or table.
    If you hold the "R" key too long, will it cycle through and drop things consecutivly?
    And if you DO drop a key by mistake, is it still there to be picked up again?
    Thanks,
    Jon_J

[This message has been edited by Jon_J (edited January 22, 2000).]

Lancer

Yes, you can pick it up again if you drop it.
    I don't think it scrolls through if you hold the R key, but don't quote me on that!

I think the best way is to somehow knock Edmund out, then slash him with your sword to finish him.
    Shooting broadheads just isn't very economical, and besides, he may reach you before he dies. Hehe!

If you have killed Edmund already, the locked room in the market is rather moot, other than picking up the final item needed.

------------------
    Lancer

Emok

He is killable. I killed him by shooting him with the fire arrows from the secret room in the basement by the blue chest. then I had to hack him up with the sword too...he was tough, but like the rest...he fell in a heap.

Gothian

I too had the same frustration killing Lord Edmond. I then gave up on the idea and hid in the shadows, as close as possible. I then waited until he passed me and tossed a Flash Bomb in front of him, while he was dis-oriented I came up behind him and thwomp!! knock his crazy ass out!! hehe.

------------------
    "Don't know why I have to be down here in the cold and the dark" burrdm, burrdm, burrdmmm

Keeper of Equilibrium

It's so weird, I cant get this level to work in TL... All the other I've downloaded has worked.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast