TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Dark Knight

Lord Edmund Entertains! Question

Could somebody please tell me how to get into the jewellers inside the indoor market. I have knocked open the wooden shutter with the hammer and can see the goodies inside, but can find no way to get in.

Huckeye

I used a crate, jumped up on it and ducked into the windows. Eventually there is a key.

Dark Knight

Thanks, Huckeye.
    You'd think that having completed TTDP on expert, something like that would have been obvious to me, wouldn't you! Still, I can stop running round in circles and carry on now.

Dark Knight.

Dark Knight

Lord Edmund again!

Does anyone have a walkthrough for Lord Edmund Entertains!? It's 1AM here in the UK and after a full hours running around I still can't find a back way into the manor. I thought it must be something to do with the cellar door but I can't do a thing with it.
    Any help gratefully received.

The_Deceiver

the key is in the store...just make sure your not standing on the cellar door when you unlock it or it wont open

DeepQantas

And if you can't get in the store...

CITTA EHT OT TEG OT SEPOR ESU DNA SDRAWPU KOOL.

------------------
    The difference between optimists and pessimists is that pessimists are more often positively surprised.

Dark Knight

Thanks for the help. I did have the key but was standing on the cellar door whilst trying to unlock it.

Dark Knight

LEE yet again

Apologies for bringing this up again but on Lord Edmund Entertains! I still cannot open the cellar door using the key I "procured" from the jewellers. I have made sure that I am not standing on it at the time but all I get is the click. Any help appreciated.

Dark Knight.

kfgecko

Are you using the key on the LOCKBOX on the wall to the door, or the door itself. (should be on the lockbox).

------------------
    Have you to visited Bloodstone Prison (4.5 Silver) and The Library (1.5-2 Silver)?

Dark Knight

Definately the Lockbox. Before I aquired the key I tried picking it. I'm wondering if I've somehow corrupted the program and now it simply won't recognise the key.

Banshee

Erm. I think you have somehow, in a way I did not intend, acquired 'Duke Creygans' key from the 'jewellers' at the market hall. That won't open the delivery hatch. The one you need is marked 'Market Hall' key from the Market hall safe...

Dark Knight

Yes, I did acquire the Duke's key from the jewellers. Was I not supposed to be able to get that at this time? I have, however, now got the key from the market hall safe and successfully entered through the cellar. Thanks for the help. Will there be a walkthrough for this mission in the near future?

Dark Knight.

kfgecko

That's amazing! I managed to squeeze through that window door, but could never get back out. I realized, "this can be what Banshee meant me to do." So I prompty restarted and moved on.

------------------
    Have you to visited Bloodstone Prison (4.5 Silver) and The Library (1.5-2 Silver)?

Dark Knight

To get back out of the jewellers you have to be in the far left corner as you look out of the window. It's then a combo of leaning forward and trying to jump. I only perservered with this as someone had already told me that they had done it and I thought that the key I could see was the one I needed.

Viper6

It's been awhile since doing LEE, but here's what I recall about the keys.

You've gotten into the market. Go to the far end of the hall, go in that room. Make a right, go in the office. There's a lock on the back wall to your left, open it with pick. That lock opens wall safe to your left. In the wall safe is the key you need to open the delivery entrance door. Use the key on the lock on the building wall, not the delivery entrance door itself.

Later in the game you'll get a key to open the metal door in the market (exit the building, go back to the market to get key & stuff, go back in building). Behind the metal door is Duke Creygan's key (among other things), one of the three keys you'll need to get to the Idol.

But before you go into the cellar, there's a girls home right behind you. You can only get in through the second floor window. To fully appreciate the task ahead, you must read the note on the table.

There's another place you may get stuck later in the game. Come back for more clues.

Dark Knight

Thanks Viper6. I'd missed getting into the girls' home through the window completely. I've only just gone into the cellar so will rectify that immediately.

[This message has been edited by Dark Knight (edited March 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dark Knight (edited March 03, 2000).]

Dark Knight

Banshee, I loved the moral test in the Girls' home. Hands up all those who took the money for little Timmy's cough pill.

Viper6

Moral test, eh? Tugs on ya, doesn't it.

I grabbed the cash first, then read the note. Then I re-started, and left the cash there.

Later, the game ended when I grabbed the Idol. I re-started, hoisted the SOB I just whacked, carted him to the front of the girls home and dumped him. Then, with absolutely nothing left alive...I mean nothing...anything unconscious was finished off with a broadhead, sword stroke, or dropped off a wall until it was dead. Then I grabbed the Idol and finished the level. Aargh!

Zail

I know that this is an old topic in this string but to get the Duke's key I threw a crate down from above. I then moved the crate infront of the window then ran (while squating) in. To get out I simply grabed the crate and did the same thing on the other side. I thought that was a magic shop the key was in...

------------------
    Have you ever noticed how much craymen resemble rappers? Just stand out of their reach for a while and they will do some rap moves after a while. Get down Homeboy!

Viper6

Hmmmmm. Crouch on a damn crate to get in and out of that shop. Never thought of that! I can't imagine how many hours we've collectively spent trying to jump over that wall, seeing all that ordnance, and the key, just out of arms reach, and no way to get to it.

Makes me want to re-play the level and put some of that hardware to good use.

Aargh!

Viper6

Well, I tried it. Got the horizontal door to open by beating on it with my sword. Tried your crate trick; jump, crouch, run...and I got in. But, crates or no crates, could not get back out. Phooey!

Dark Knight

Here is the way to get into and out of the jewellers which works every time for me.

1) To open the hatch throw the hammer at it or as Viper6 said, hit it with your sword.
    2) Next place a crate on the floor (left hand side of hatch as you look at it).
    3) Jump onto crate, crouch and try running in whilst letting yourself slide to the right. Once you reach the right-hand corner of the window you will drop in.
    4) Collect goodies.
    5) Pick up the crate you used to get in and drop it, again on the left hand side under the switch.
    6)Crouch, run and jump onto the crate. At this point you are not fully on the crate and will need to keep crouching/jumping whilst running, letting yourself slide to the right. Eventually you will drop back out.

As I said, I tried this method several times and it worked every time. Hope this helps all those wanting to start the mission with a "tactical advantage".

Dark Knight.

[This message has been edited by Dark Knight (edited March 06, 2000).]

Dark Knight

Thanks Banshee,
    Just finished the mission and thoroughly enjoyed it.

------------------
    Dark Knight...Stealth is your only true ally.

Zail

Expanded getting out explanation:
    Grab crate from other side.
    Place crate beside table on the non-switch side.
    crouch
    Run onto crate (must hit it squarely and be running)and don't stop.
    Run onto table.
    Run out.
    Fill Magic Shop with as many crates and items as you can find (including the duke's corpse) then close the shop window.

You don't need to do the last step but it can be fun.

Dark Knight

Let's hope the morning cleaner has got a strong constitution....and a large mop!

------------------
    Dark Knight...Stealth is your only true ally.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast