TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

RunLikeAPansy

"Lord Edmund" Problem

I can't seem to actually find a way into the Lord Edmund's castle at the beginning of "Lord Edmund Entertains". At first, I thought I had to lift a key off the guard in the Indecent Nymph to open the trapdoor-like entrance in Culvert Square, but I can't find a key on the guard. How do I get in?

Trexx

Have you visited everywhere you need to outside Edmund's place? Remember that doors are not the only way into a place.

T-wrexx

Dark Knight

See the posts I created on Feb 27th and March 2nd for more info.

Beware : There is information there which may spoil the rest of the mission for you.

------------------
    Dark Knight...Stealth is your only true ally.

analein

Lord Edmund Entertains Question

I am in the chapel with the four levers and the secret passage behind the statue. I've survived the fire arrow trap and looted the chest and picked up the fire arrows from the secret room. How do I get through the upper and lower doors in the chapel?

Analein

Previously Important

Ah, but that would be telling, wouldn't it?
    If you're superfrustrated, why not take a stroll around the level to clear your head (as well as to appreciate some fine work). See where you can get to and where you can't. There's more to life than indoors, and the ground is not the only thing upon which a thief can tread. Think like Garrett, wee Taffer, and you shall find your answers.

Viper6

There's also several threads from when this mission first came out that delve into this and other secrets of this mision. Look them up.

Climb up on the awning outside and look for clues. Being a successful Thief requires good " Second Story" skills.

Darkman

Where is Duke Creygans key in Lord Edmund

I have Lord edmunds key and the womans key. I cannot open the middle statues lock! Please just tell me and do not send me off on a wild goose chase!!!!!!!!

------------------
    Your so scared yer probably seeing double.
    I got two blackjacks, one for each of ya!

Shadowspawn

Did you find the secret door inside the fireplace? There's a room you can't get into (upstairs, I think, it's been a long time). The only way in is a fireplace out in the hallway.

If you get that open, the key should be in that room. (I was stuck here for awhile, also)

------------------
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

Wynne

Actually, unless my fuzzy memory is playing tricks on me:

Outright Spoiler warning...

In the room with the staircase leading downward and the fireplace upstairs, put out the fire. A panel, when you crouch down, should light up. Frob/use it and enter the room. Inside is a key, but that key is for a metal door in the marketplace. All the other shops can be broken into or have their locks picked. Once you manage to get inside, grab all the stuff, including the key on the shelf. Voila! Duke Creygan's key to the fabled vault you've heard so much about...

Darkman

Ok. I did it! Now I am 25 loot short of the quota, anyone know where the last 35 is at?

------------------

Darkman

well??????

------------------

Viper6

When you first enter the estate and come up through a kitchen area. In the sink, in the water is a gold plate. That might be enough. Did you get the ring from the little girl in the girls home behind the estate? (Leave her pennies alone or you'll never forgive yourself.)

Hope this helps.

Phosphor

Ok, so I have to go back to the marketplace to get the last key. How do I get out of Lord Edmunds?
    What I am assuming to be the main gate is heavily guarded, and I can't manage to climb back out of the basement entrance..
    Any help?

------------------
    I shall build shelters from the winds,
    Feel the countless waters,
    See the vast earth
    And burn in the eternal fires.

[This message has been edited by Phosphor (edited April 28, 2000).]

kfgecko

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

To safely get out of the estate:
    - did you read the limmerick (poem) in the sleeping (dumb) servant room?
    - did you go out his window?
    - and walk on the roof?
    - to another window?
    - did you find a room with a big lever? (this opens a couryard gate)

To get last loot (on expert):
    - did you visit the orphanage out in the streets?
    - did you use a rope arrow to get in?

------------------
    Hmmm... include Benny, include Benny, how can I include Benny in my mission?
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison and The Library

O.T.2000

Lord Edmund Entertains-Fan Mission

Has anyone played this level? I can't even get in to the compound. I believe I'm supposed to go in the front gate but it nevers works. Does anyone know what I should do?

Kyran Ward

SPOILERS (Naturally)
    Clue #1 There is a merchants' building outside the "compound".
    Clue #2 There are wooden beams protruding from the windows on the attic level of the merchants' building.
    Clue #3 Use the beams to rope your way into the merchants' building.
    Clue #4 Look inside the administrative area of the merchants building for a lockbox.
    Clue #5 There is no key for the lockbox
    Clue #6 Do not attempt to go in through the front gate.
    Clue #7 There is a wooden trap door outside Edmund's
    Clue #8 It has a lockbox over it, which your key will work in.

Have fun!

------------------
    -gabe- (dressed in black)

[This message has been edited by Kyran Ward (edited May 29, 2000).]

Grover

LOL.......very subtle Kyran.
    Have fun OT, Edmund is a fantastic FM.

Just be sure to download the sequel, "The Vigil," which is even better, IMHO.

------------------
    "You think this is the real Quaid? It is."

O.T.2000

Thank You Kyran. I don't know if that is sarcastic mocking or not but I appreciate the help none the less.

Kyran Ward

O.T.2000>>

Not a shred of mock intended at all.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't shove the complete answer on you in case all you needed was a little nudge.

------------------
    -gabe- (dressed in black)

fett

*Note to self: NEVER use one of Kyran's walkthroughs....

Yes! Make sure to play Vigil right after Edmund! Nearly as good as the LGS missions!

Dark Knight

Another spoiler.
    It's also possible to get into the magicians shop inside the market and "tool-up" for the mission.
    Banshee did not intend for this to be possible when he wrote the mission

------------------
    Dark Knight...When all else fails

Robin Goodfellow

What! How?!? I can bash the window open w/the hammer, but I can't jump through! How did you do it? Tellll me!

Dark Knight

These posts will tell you everything you need to know. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...l=1#post324381

------------------
    Dark Knight...When all else fails
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 3rd Jan 2013 at 10:38. Reason: fixed link

Dark-Thief

Lord Edmund Entertains

I know that this mission is old but i just downloaded it:-) Where is his vault? I looked all over his house and I cant find it...does it have to do something with the locked doors in the church area? Ive been to the place that has the fire arrows and the chest..does it deal with that? Please help:-)

turboska5

Well, you're on the right track with the doors, not with the arrows. I will only hint, but my sources say check upstairs.

I beat that mission in like 30 minutes. It's alright, but if you ever move onto an area which I'm sure you missed, you'll find some misaligned objects and some improper sound brushing. Not that I'm picky or anything
    Never understood the hype about the mission, but at least he put a few out. I'm still the rookie who can't put his money where his mouth is (yet)

-Want additional help, post again.

------------------
    Vigilance is our shield...

All your answers to my stupid questions are not in vain. Current project: "Brother's Keeper" taking place immediately following T2. First of three planned missions. Garett is hard up for information, and no one is talking. Follow a Keeper to his private mansion looking for answers. Percent done: 55%. ETA: Early August 2000.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast