TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Highlight the following, to see a spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Explore the nearby market building. Enter by finding a place for your rope arrow near the window in one of the gables. Within, you'll find what you need to unlock an entrance.

[/quote]

Reveal the hints only one by one in order not to spoil your fun.[list=1][*]
    Spoiler:

Your starting inventory contains a rope arrow.

[/quote][*]
    Spoiler:

Use it to climb into the roof of the market hall.

[/quote][*]
    Spoiler:

In the market there's a key that opens the back door to the Lord's mansion.

[/quote][/list=a]

More spoilers ...

I remember doing this mission and at first i couldnt work out how to get in the mansion, but then i realised i was blocking the entrance way while trying to open it, so make sure you dont do the same thing i did...

Stuck in Lord Edmund Entertains! SPOILERS!

I went downstairs and KO'd the guy with the sword, but now I can only open the locks on the left and the right with the keys that I have found along the way. None of my keys nor my lockpicks can undo the middle lock. Can anyone tell me where I can find the key to the middle lock?

Also, my Objectives screen is displaying the objectives for Garrett's Revenge instead of LEE, so can anyone tell me what exactly my objectives are or tell me where I can find them to read them myself? I'm on the middle difficulty level. Thanks a lot for helping!

Did you get the key from the street market building outside the castle? Did you get the lady's key from her room?

2nd part: Are you using Darkloader to play FMs? (If you don't you'll have problems like the one you're having.) Did you EVER unzip a mission by hand into your /thief directory? (Answer should be NO.)

There are a few keys you need to get.
    One's in Duke Craygen's room (When you go up the stairs, put out the fire in the first room and open the secret door in the fire-place). One's on Edmund, and the third is on the table above Lady Berndhart's body. (At least in easy mode. It may be different on harder difficulties)

Don't forget the key on the table against the window that you get to from the awning off the second floor. That one threw me.

So what are Banshee and KFGecko doing for fun these days???

I am a pathetic thief.....Lord Edmund FM?

I feel pathetic posting to ask for help....but I need it so there. I have the Duke's key from his room, I've taken out all the guards, I've been behind the giant hammerite statue and gotten into the little treasure box and gotten the fire arrows/papyrus from the secret room in the basement. Now I'm stuck. Where are Edmund and his cronies? I've run all over the mansion and surrounding buildings trying to find a clue. Help! Thanks in advance!

The key you found in the Duke's room isn't his key. It's an unlabelled key, isn't it? You need to go back to the Market Square building and use it to get into the weapons shop (unless you climbed in through the shutters earlier. It is possible, but a little tricky. ) His key is there. Then you need to go into the room upstairs that has the sleeping servant, out onto the roof and follow it around to another window. That should get you where you need to go.

You'll know it's Lord Edmund when you hear him chanting, "I have a..."

If you got behind the big statue, you'll need to get into the locked door on the other side of that santuary room with the statue...

Great! Thanks guys....will go try both of those now!

Okay I'm back....I have the Duke's key and found the chapel key. Now I'm stuck again....played with the levers in the room behind the chapel and opened the gates but I don't think that helps me find Edmund. Now what? (Did I get stuck this much playing T1 and T2? God, I hope not....)

Wait wait! I found the door behind the fountain of blood....I think I'll be okay from here out. Wish me luck....I'm kinda scared of this evil talisman thing...

Bloopie

Help with "Lord Edmund Entertains!"

I am on Hard difficulty, and I have gotten the idol. However, I canno t seem to find enough loot to finish. I have about 1700, and I need 1900. Do you know where I might have missed some?

Taking a break

Hmm, don't know. Did you sneak into every single bedroom, including the one across the rooftop?

I haven't found all the loot, but I've found enough for you to finish. Here's a list so you can check and see what you've missed.

In the orphanage - ring=100g. &coins = 8g. (108)
    In the safe in the office of the Market Hall = purse=150g.& coins=60g. (318)

In Lord Edmund's kitchen sink - 2 gold plates = 100g. (418)
    Dining room - 3 gold plates = 150g., 2 gold cups = 50g., 1 enamel cup = 15g. (633)

Duke Creygan's room (one you enter through the fireplace) - in blue chest = 250g. (883)

Central sitting room by the bedrooms - candlesticks on mantle = 100g.(983)

One of the bedrooms - ring = 100g., necklace = 125g., cash box = 200g. (1408)

Trap room below chapel - 480g. (1888)

In Lord Edmund's room in the basement below the chapel - on the table are cups = 45g. and a bottle = 50g. (1983)

That should let you finish it.

Bloopie

Okay, I think I know where I missed. Thanks!

Taking a break

Well, WHERE?!?

Bloopie

I missed the treasure chest in Duke Creygan's room. You can't even see it; how are you supposed to find it?

questions pertaining to Lord Edmund entertains....

Would you guys say Lord Edmund entertains is worth playing through? Out of all the FMs I've downloaded so far (only a few), it just doesn't seem to be terribly interesting. It was getting really good reviews though, so I'd like to hear your opinions. If you want to know how far I've gotten, I just got into his house and proceeded to bop a handful of guards on the head.

It's definitely a good mission. If you compare it to the new ones coming out lately, it's fairly easy, but at the time it was made it was fantastic. I recently replayed and still enjoyed it.

Taking a break

Indeed, the standards have gone up, so while Edmund got a 9 two years ago, if it was released today it would probably only get a 7 or 8, though that it still very good and it's still a great mission

"Lord Edmund" and "The Vigil" are classics. I'm still waiting for another Banshee's piece master.

Yeah, you really have to play "Lord Edmund" in expert to really apreciate it, and "Vigil" for that matter (part of the same story!)
    I'm still wondering wtf is up with that idol, though. C'Mon banshee!

Lord Edmund comments

First FM mission I finished, some random comments:

I was stuck at the beginning for a long time so I discovered some oddities:

Spoiler:

- It's possible to get the Duke's key before ever entering Edmund's. If you hit the window flap with your sword ALOT of times (like 30) it will open. Bring a crate to stand on, duck, and slide your way in -- it's a little awkward, you have to nearly do it sideways. Unfortunately there seems to be no way out after getting in.

- Since the bartender isn't a "guard" he is killable on the highest difficulty without losing the mission.

- I jumped in the well at one point and got permanently stuck, not enough room to do a jump out.

- There's a slight bug in the building with the shops, top level. If you look carefully at the crates some of them are actually stuck into the wall. This is the sort of detail one only looks for when one is hopelessly stuck on getting farther in the game ;-)

- I nearly managed to get in not by the "normal" way by getting the guard's attention and running inside when he opened the gate. But he's impossible to handle after that.

I also tried to climb up to a random window but I never quite got the hang of stacking crates up high -- anyone have some tips?

Wasn't stuck on the inside as long so I didn't noodle around as much
    but a few comments there too:

Spoiler:

- I liked the one "puzzle" with the fire arrow traps because you could either just make a run for it or try to solve it. So those that like puzzles and those that don't are both happy. (I made a run for it because I found the rhyme scroll after I already raided that room.)

- Lord Edmund is tough -- anyone manage to get the keys (and the loot in the room) without knocking him out?

- I managed to knock out every guard except for one up a ladder by the front door. He always was facing straight ahead until I got off the ladder, after which he turned left after a short time -- but not because he heard me, it was almost like the AI was tweaked to do that.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast