TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

I just finished "Lord Edmund Entertains!" last night. It's the first FM I've ever played to completion, although I've played portions of at least three others. I found LEE! to be quite easy. Of course, I played it on the easiest setting, but the same was true of the other three missions I started, and compared to "Calendra's Cistern" it was a piece of burrick pie. I did enjoy it, though, just thought it was disappointingly short. I met the objectives and all of a sudden it was over and I thought, "That was the end?" (Of course, it was far better than anything I'd ever be able to do, so I shouldn't complain!!)

I would like to make a few comments, since ya asked:

Spoiler:

--Lord Edmund's voice really creeped me out! It was neat to hear new voice-work being done in a FM, and his gave me the willies. Also, I admired the Garrett sound-bites that were used...they were very well-chosen for the situation, I thought.
    --I too encountered the trapped room before I got the scroll telling you how to pass it, but I just looked really carefully at the floor so that I could see the seams in it where the movable panels were. (I KNEW it felt like cheating...)
    --A question: I never got one of the doors open in the marketplace building, the steel one. It wasn't pickable and I didn't find the key. Can it be opened?
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Taking a break

Edmund was one of the early greats! There were a dozen or so decent missions before, but Edmund really upped the bar for FMs at the time

paulben, to answer your question on the door:

Spoiler:
    Play at a higher difficulty setting.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    I agree about Lord Edmund's voice -- I literally jumped in my chair when I first heard him.

Paulben, actually, you can get in in ANY difficulty. First, use a hammer from the weapons store to break open the wooden window-door. Plop a crate just in front of the window, take a running start and hop on the crate and try to do a duck/jump inside.
    Getting out is actually a lot tougher. You'll have to grab the crate again and put it to the side of the table, and do another running jump. [Thumbs Up!]

Cool EmperorSteele, thanks for the info! I AM going to play it again, on the higher difficulty setting(s). There were a couple places I didn't get to see, but more importantly, my alternative is to continue playing "The Inverted Manse" and it's scaring me!
    I like undead missions and it IS Halloween, but...I think I gotta psych myself up first!
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Stacking novice, but still quite good, I can offer you these tips:

Put a few crates scattered around but within reach and pick one of them up. Look straight down and press 'r' to release and a split-second later hit the jump button (space bar). You will land almost directly on top of the crate, and a second jump will put you firmly on top of it. Crouch and grab another crate from the nearby ground and stand up, and repeat the looking straight down, releasing and jumping and then repeating. Some people that are really good can get them quite high. Some people will put some two's and three's stacks nearby and get up to 8 or so levels going to get to really high places. Practice and you'll be going into places you're not supposed to be in in no time flat!!

damnsmooth_uk

Lord Edmund, I'm so useless!

Sorry everyone, I know there's been other posts about this mission, but none of them have helped me. I still can't get into the mansion! One of the other posts said there was a key inside the market place, but I searched every room and I can't find it anywhere. If I am missing it can someone tell me EXACTLY where it is. If this still isn't the right way can someone please sort me out, I am getting very frustrated!

thanks.

spoiler ahead!

Spoiler:
    go to the back of the market place (opposite the front door you can't open yet) to the office. there is a banner at the back wall. right of the banner is a lock. open it with your lockpicks and a save opens. there you get the 'market-hall-key' which opens the backdoor (hatch).

hope this helps!

SirGuru

ahem, sorry:

Spoiler:
    the lock is, of course, LEFT of the banner...

Sir Guru

Actually, i just lock-picked the door to the basement.... I think....(?)
    Also, Make sure to rope-arrow up into StJena's... you can get some loot in there (yeah, stealing from orphan girls, way to go garrett....)

Lord Edmund entertains

That problem is certainly not new...Where is Duke Creygan's key to the vault???

PLEASE!!!

erm, I haven't played this in ages but there was a key you needed to get that was in the market square!! That stumped most people. Probably of no use to you what so ever!!

I'm not sure but I think that varied according to what difficulty you were playing on. I seem to remember someone saying that on the Easiest difficulty, it was on the bedroom that you can access through the fireplace upstairs. (In the dark room just off the main sitting room.) On Expert, his key is in the Weapons shop, in the Market building. The key to the Weapons shop is in the same bedroom I mentioned above. You can get into the shop without the key, though. Just bash open the wooden shutter and use a box to get in and out. Sometimes you get stuck,though.

Thanks! Now I am only missing 25 loot....

I have the bow upgrade

Did you visit the girls' school?
    Imagine a world without hypotheticals.

Objectives in Lord Edmund

Due to some sort of bug, I can't see what my objectives are when playing Lord Edmund Entertains! I've cleared out all the guards, found about 2000 in loot and I have gotten that item down in the vault, but now I don't know what to do...

I would be very glad if someone could tell me the mission objectives for Lord Edmund Entertains! (hard difficulty).

-Burt

On this mission "Hard" is the most difficult, there is no Expert, so I hope that's the one you mean.

Objectives:

1) That vault the letter mentions seems interesting. Acquire whatever is inside.

2) Once you're done, escape from the manor and go to the Indecent Nymph to wait for morning.

3) Clean house. Find at least 1900 gold.

4) Lord Edmund may be a slimey snake, but the guards are just hirelings. Don't kill any guards.

If you happen to be playing on the middle difficulty, the loot total needed is 1400 and you can kill guards.

Okay, thanks a lot. I've completed the mission now. Just a question; what the hell was the holy water for?? I found two vials of holy water, I thought it was very strange since there was no (?) Undead in the level. Or was it? Have I missed something...?

-Burt

I don't know what the holy water was there for. I don't recall any undead in this mission.

help with Lord Edmund Entertains

I've been playing Banshee's 'Lord Edmund Entertains'

At one point in the mission, you need three keys from three people.
    They are all in one room, and I have two, but I can't find the third. The body I didn't collect a key off was already lying on the floor. I couldn't see a key, so i tried dumping the body on the table and still couldn't see it.

Should the key be there (there is a bug with items attached to hips), or is the key elsewhere?

You need Lord Edmund's key, which he is wearing in that last room down by the vault, and a key from the body of Lady Bernhard, which is in that room as well. I never had any trouble picking it up. The third key isn't always in the same place, I don't think, depending on difficulty level. It is Duke Creygan's key, which on Hard, is in the Weapons shop in the Market Hall. I think that it is in the bedroom upstairs with the locked door on the easier difficulty, but I'm not sure about that. You can access that room through a fireplace in the room close to the top of the stairs. On Hard, in that room, you find the key to the Weapons shop.

Thanks

Lord Edmund Entertains

How do I get into Edmund's home?

I can be e-mailed at: taffer@tstar.net

Thanks

You have to go into the Market Hall office and get the Market Hall Key. Then back out into the street and down Covenant Street to a wooden basement door (not in the wall but a hatch-type cover down on the street). There is a lockbox on the wall that opens it. Make sure you're not standing too close to the wood door or it won't open. Sometimes it's better standing beside it rather than directly in front of it.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast