TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Oh, there's a lot!
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Btw, Nightwalker, the cup in the pub is 25, not 15; there's your missing 10 gp.

Genius that I am, it took me 20 minutes of poring over the loot report for the mission... boy do I feel dumb

Thanks! I was in a hurry and I guess I didn't pay enough attention.

I can't find the third key to open the vault. The first two are easy, being Lord Edmund himself, and Lady Bernhard's key. I missed a key somewhere, but so far all the knockouts don't pocess anything.

Also, mention was made of finding loot in the kitchen by way of the floorboards. But the floor in the kitchen is cobbled !?!

I think the thing about the loot was a joke. There is no loot hidden there. As for the 3rd key, I think (but I'm not sure) that the location varies with difficulty. There is a bedroom upstairs that you can enter through a fireplace. (The door is locked) You may find the 3rd key in there, but more likely, you will find a key to the Weapon's shop in the Market place. The 3rd key is locked up in there.

That did it

Thank you

I don't know what came over Banshee. The potato probably isn't real either.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

FM newbie

I have played Thief Gold and Thief 2, but I just finished my first fan mission, Lord Edmund Entertains. It was great fun and I am very impressed. I plan to play The Vigil next. I do have a question--what was the purpose of the Unholy Idol? I couldn't find any use for it.

Hi, Daisy! Welcome to the forum.

You got a lot of marvellous FMs to play. They should keep you busy for awhile. I don't believe there is a use for the idol. You'll find, in quite a few missions, that you will pick up things that are just that, things. If there is a use for one of them, it will usually be fairly obvious.

Nightwalker, thanks for the reply. I did start The Vigil later and the introduction mentions the Idol so there is some continuation.

Welcome Daisy, glad you have joined in the FM Player's Guild. Yep, the FPG.

(actually there is no guild, but it's fun to pretend)

Anyways, make sure to post your progress on the FM list thread so that you, and anyone interested, can keep track of how many you've played. Even I get confused sometimes and I have to look back at my list to remember which fm I've played or the name of the fm. Plus you can comment on the missions that you complete so others can hear about it.

See you around.

A guild? Does that mean we get to wear funny robes and stuff?
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

Lord Edmond Entertains!

Alright, it feels like I tried everything. I am on Lord Edmond Entertains and I am stuck.
    I need to get into the vault, and I need a 3rd key. I found the Lady's key and Edmond's key, but I need another one!
    Also, in that small Market Place, there is a metal door, which is locked, and I want in. I tried bashing it down with a hammer I found next door, and that didn't work. There is a window thing, made of wood, that I DID bash down, but I couldn't quite manage to fit . . .
    Anyway, so I was hoping to get some help with these problems. I don't want to know how to do it, I just merely want some HINTS! Don't tell me how exactly. HINTS! Only HINTS. Thanks,
    -A

As for the market place building....from what you've described you found the way in.

spoiler:
    Rope arrow up to the wooden door, open it and hop inside and hop inside.

Well, I really appreciate the help, but I eventually found out how to do it when I was waiting for a reply. I ended up bashing down a door that had the Market Place key (Unmarked Key). But really, thanks.
    -A

The key to that particular stall in the market is:

spoiler:
    ... in one of the bedrooms inside Edmund's place near all the other bedrooms. You get into the room by using the secret fireplace door in an adjacent room. The key is on a nightstand. There's a story scroll that describes why the key is here somewhere in the game.

Stuck in "Lord Edmund entertaines".

Im stuck in "Lord Edmund entertaines". The problem is that I cant find the key who belongs to the middle statue in the chapel. Ive found the other two keys (Lady Bernhard and Lord Edmund).
    Does anyone know where I can find the key to the middle statue?.
    There are also two locked doors, which I cant open. Maybe the key is behind some of these?.

There is one bedroom door that is locked and can't be opened. If you go out into the dark room that is next to the central sitting room that the bedrooms open off of, you can go into the fireplace and get through to the locked bedroom. In there (on Hard and Expert, anyway) you find a key that opens the Weapon's shop back in the Marketplace building. In that shop, you'll find the missing key.

Thanks, Nightwalker!

Lord Edmund Entertains ending?

What happened??

I made it back to the Nymph and the game ends.

Why did I need to discover the 'trap rhyme' if I never had to use it?

I am really confused.

You don't have to follow the rhyme to get past the traps in the basement. If you do it right you can even walk straight on all the time and avoid being hit anyway.

Maybe I am missing something. The basement is the location under the chapel where the vault is???

Or is it somewhere else?

Maybe there is another area I didn't venture into. I only collected 1500 or so of loot.

There's a statue at the far end of the chapel. If you pull the correct lever up behind the pulpit, the statue moves and you can go down into a hidden vault. That's where you use the rhyme that you found.

Thanks. That makes more sense. I will have to go down there the next chance I get.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    (...) As for the 3rd key, I think (but I'm not sure) that the location varies with difficulty. There is a bedroom upstairs that you can enter through a fireplace. (The door is locked) You may find the 3rd key in there(...)
    I also can't unlock the middle statue. I found the 3rd key in a secret room behind the fireplace. But the key doesn't fit to anything.
    ???

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast