TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

Viking

T1 MISSION : 'Lord Edmund Entertains' (11/12/1999)

I'm completely stuck here, in this truly excellent fan-mission. I've retrieved the contents of the first vault chamber (the one with the fire-arrow trap) and I've found Cregian's key (or whatever he's called), but there are still two locked doors in the vault, and I can't seem to open them with the keys I possess. (Front door, marketplace, unmarked and Cregians) I've blackjacked all the guards btw. Anyone who can help me?

Download links:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/edmund
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

Quick navigation:
    Lord Edmund Entertains -- thread currently viewing
    The Vigil (sequel)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Jan 2013 at 11:54. Reason: added download links

xarax

Find Lord Edmund.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

Viking

Thanks for the help! - Finished it the near instant I read your reply. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Had to enter a window, but couldn't see it because it was so dark. Got me the key I needed. The rest was easy. Lord Edmund was cool! All in all, excellent mission.

------------------
    You're not your own Standing here in the
    town you were born
    It's not your home
    The mirror sees you so alone
    Cold as Stone.
    --Cold as Stone, from the A-ha album Memorial Beach

infiniteburn

Lord Edmund Entertains?HOW?????

Ok, im a dud, now someone please tell me how i get into the place!
    ive got into the market builiding and the first floor of the orphanage, but....

Please help, and sorry for being so big a dud

------------------
    Frozen Winds Make For Cold Chills

Saneth

Somewhere at the outer wall of Edmund's house, there is a lock. That one is pickable, and opens a door at your feet that allows you entry into the basement of his house. If I remember correctly, it was near the market house.

NogginKnockers

Did you find the vault in the marketplace office?

^_^

The kitten pounces into this thread, mumbles something like "Please set a relative high ambient light whenever you create a mission, so ffat one don't have to play wiff a maximum gamma and a monitor ffat is switched to ffe maximum brightness", and pounces out of this thread again.

infiniteburn

hmmm, i found the vault couldnt get in, so i guess i'll leave it for later, i think i tried picking the lock outside but it didnt work, will try again and post back here. Thanks for the info guys, and kitten is SO right bout the light....
    aaah, well onward ho

------------------

Saneth

It is a long time ago since I played Edmund Entertains... but I seem to remember that there was somewhere in the market house a lock to that vault; and that I was able to open the vault then before entering Edmund's house... about the lock that leads to the basement: Not sure if that lock was pickable or to be opened with the key that you can find in the vault. Sorry, but I've only played that mission once or twice.

Mr.Mojo

I agree with BATTY on that one. But I didn't even get into the market building or the orphanage.

Viper6

It's been awhile since I played Lord Edmund, but here's what I remember.

You have to get into the marketplace first. Rope up wooden beam to ceiling. In market office, pick the lock on the back wall to open safe. There's one market stall that won't open, but it wil later when you get the key for it. It has another key you'll need to complete the mission.

Then go out the market to your left a little, to the castle wall. There's a service entrance lock on the wall that opens a door on the ground. The key from the market safe opens that lock.

There's a sad part to this story. You can get into the orphanage from the second floor. There is no first floor. But...if you do, read the note before you take anything, then decide for yourself if you need it or not.

As you get into the game, there's another key you'll need that's accessable only from the top of the WOODEN inside courtyard walkway awning.

Enjoy. Whack the SOB again for the little girl.

DeepQantas

You can get past the locked door in the market following these instructions:

Whack the window thingumie open.
    Get a crate from the second floor.
    Drop it in front of the window.
    Jump on the box and crouch.
    And walk in through the window.

Same way out.

------------------
    Does the stone break when it's carved with chisel?
    Does the metal break when it's scorched with fire?
    Nay. They prevail and reform stronger,
    under the glory of the Builder.

Thelvyn

heh I got in ( without the crate ) but could never get back out again and would have to reload.

infiniteburn

Spoilers Ahead

*Sigh*
    i seem to be constantly stuck in this place. Now i can't find the key for opening the doors in the church room. When i found the treasury behind the statue i thought it was all over, until i find some loot and a really lame trap(esp when you have F11 and F12 )
    Jeez, wheres the crazy key people?
    i tried looking at all the steps and the courtyard steps. The only weird thing i found was that in the courtyard when you use your sword to wack the lion crest emblems on the wooden areas, you hear a guard scream his death scream...after wacking all the emblems and still no key, you could hear ME scream!!!
    Sheesh, ok peeps help me out, here, and thanx again.

PS-while we're getting screwed here, anyone know where the gem is kept in the fan made mission 'the gem'? The scroll says its supposed to be in a safe but then wheres the safe? All i can do is wake up sleeping beauty.)

------------------

[This message has been edited by infiniteburn (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by infiniteburn (edited November 29, 1999).]

Lytha

Look around if zou can find something frobbable in the room.

surferpop

Lord Edmund Entertains..Help

I've dispatched all the guards,survived the basement and traps and secured about 1800+ loot.I have the Duke's key and I believe I need 2 other keys? but have been all over the mansion numerous times and can't find them.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Lytha

Leave the mansion, and look around if there are other houses that you can enter. I.e. markethouses or so. I hope you have already the key to unlock a certain door in that house.

And about other keys... have a look around in Edmund's mansion, and consider a nice walk on the roofs.

Gothian

So, you've found the Duke's keys eh...?
    Ok, without giving you the answers and spoiling the mission, I'll give you this piece of advice.. Read all the Papyrus's and scroll's you can find. If you've found the Duke's keys, you should already have the clue you need to hunt down Ol' Eddie and procure the keys you need.

------------------
    Quiet as a Cat
    =^..^=

surferpop

Lytha and Gothian,
    Thanks for your help.Very cool mission.
    I'm having as much fun with the fan missions
    as I had with the original game.
    Oh well,time to go..gotta download another one.

bdrums

where is the key to ................

Edmund entertains:

Where is the key to the middle statue? Cannot find it. Did I overlook it or is it a good one? (I found the two that are down there in the meeting room.....one on Edmund, one on the old lady)

xarax

IIRC, you need to go outside with the unmarked key. You may also need a rope arrow.

------------------
    Go ahead, make my day! Click here! ==> Visit my DromEd junkyard!

analein

Lord Edmund - Stuck in Marketplace

I managed to get into the stall containing the key, the water arrows and the moss arrows but I can't get out. I can't seem to get myself through the stall window (I'm not really sure how I got in). Is this all just luck or is there some trick that I'm missing? Alternatively, is there a key to the door to this stall somewhere so I can avoid crawling through the window at all? Help!

ESL

Banshee

You're in trouble. The stall windows aren't really meant to be gone through - tried it a million times myself and couldn't enter that way.

The Stranger

It's been awhile since I played Edmund, but I believe you should able to pick the wooden doors to the stalls. If not, then you can always bash them with your sword until they open. I don't know how anyone can get through those tiny windows.

I hope I'm remembering the right place in the game. YOu're talking about the building that you had to enter by climbing from the roof window, right? (Early on in the game).

Flenser

I got though the window by bashing it open and placing a box in front of it to stand on then crawling in, possably leaning forward as well.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast