TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: New mission- The Prodigal Corpse

Pseudonymouse

New mission- The Prodigal Corpse

My first mission, I'd welcome comments and suggestions...

You can get it at http://website.lineone.net/~chris_howcroft/thief.htm

I think (hope?) it's bug free now, but please email me if you have any problems...

Myoldnamebroke

The title sets it up for a sequel - the return of the progidal corpse (groan!). Haven't played it yet, but hopefully this will drag the post back up to the top of the pile.

Tim Ewers

Sorry guy it keeps crashing on me each time in a differant spot tried playing it 4 times and it crashed each time. But it doesnt show any kind of corupted file when i download it tho.

Pseudonymouse

I thought I'd fixed all of the errors that were reported in playtesting, so I'm a bit dissapointed to find that it still has problems... :-(

Do you have any idea why it crashed? It's never done so on my system (except when the map wasn't working...), so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to fix it...

Tim Ewers

not realy it will just up and crash uasaly after i do something. First time i came up out the well and it crashed after i blackjacked the guard. Other times when i put out a torch it will crash. And the last time is when i turned off the alarm system it crashed about 20 seconds after that. Its just differant each time so i cant realy pinpoint a area for you.

Viper6

Game keeps kicking me out to Windows desktop. No error messages, just reload and keep chugging. Have to save game a lot. Crashes seem to occur randomly, and at different places in the mission.

Tels

This mission was fun for an half of an hour. It had problems, though.

First, it is too easy. I never needed more than 4 water arrows. Also, the alarm system rung up at the very start of me entering the house, and all the guards got stuck and running around. I never bothered with sneaking from that on, and later got nearly all of them at the tower stairs (one gas mine, two quick wacks and I had about 6. the last two I got with two gas arrows, although reloading could have gotten me away with two blackjacks.)

The gaurds at the frontgate were unmoved by the alarm system and fell pray to my trusted blackthingy. also the 3 at the very top were unmoved by the alarm system, too, sneaking up behind, three whacks and they were gone. one got stuck whily trying to walk into a doorfram, one stands now in the frontgarden beside the littel stream (did he fell down?) and spents his day looking into the wall...

It also crashed a lot, while whacking the sitting gaurd and at random other locations. The last time it crashed I stopped plaing it..

But it is a good mission

tels

------------------
    "Why do you go so slowly? Do you think this is some kind of game?"
    Demo missions, DromED FAQ,
    Automaticly create Thief Levels,
    Vote! for your favorite fan mission

Lancer

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but was there ever a fix for this FM crashing? I'm playing it now, and it keeps crashing on me. I'm still outside the front door, yet I've had to reload 4 times.

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

Lancer

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I'm playing this FM now, and it keeps crashing on me. I've had to reload 4 times, and I'm still outside the garden door.
    Was a patch or updated version put out for this FM?

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

Lancer

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I'm playing this FM now, and it keeps crashing on me. I've had to reload 4 times, and I'm still outside the garden door.
    Was a patch or updated version put out for this FM?

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

Pseudonymouse

If you have the version from the circle, Lancer, then that isn't the release this post was about... The difference betweent hat one and this is that I worked out why it used to keep crashing and fixed it. The "fixed" version at the circle is bust for a reason I can't get to the bottom of, as is the revision of the "fixed" version linked to in the other "PCorpse keeps crahing" thread... as is the version I'm currently debugging, that still crasges for no obvious reason. My advice is to go and play escape from Guileatspeak instead and hope I find what's wrong...

Taffer_Boy_Elvis

The mission was pretty cool. I liked the balloon out front. Climbed up into it, but the "basket" was a crate with a top on it. Would have been cool to have been a hollow basket, and fire off some arrows down to the patrolling guy.

I never had a problem with it crashing. I got it from The Circle. I did have a problem when I was sneaking down one of the hallways on the left side. Going really slow against the wall, I got stuck in between textures, or rooms or something. I had to reload, because I couldn't get out of the middle of the "things." I ended up stuck between the library and the hall. Maybe make the wall thicker there.

Overall, good game play. Interesting things to see.

Oh yeah, I never found a key for the door guarded by the cray beast. I opened it in DromEd, and liked the shortcut to the top floor. Where's the key?

Skeptic Intruder

I think it doesn't crash if you don't use the quicksave feature, it was only crashing on me when I reloaded my quicksave.

Lancer

Thanks for the replies guys, and again, I want to apologize for posting so many times. What was happening was that my posts weren't showing up even after refreshing my screen, though I got the thanks for posting message, and the thread came to the top of this forum, but there were server errors which thankfully, Saam cleared up and now you've got all these posts here.
    Whoo! That was one of those long drawn out sentences.

p.s. Hope you eventually find out what it is Pseudomouse. I'm surprised that I missed this FM when it came out. Guess I've been away too long.

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com