TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: *T1 MISSION* : 'The Vigil' (02/22/2000)

Banshee

*T1 MISSION* : 'The Vigil' (02/22/2000)

Okay, 'The Vigil' has finally reached a state I humbly dare to call 'complete'. You can grab it from
    Cheap Thief Missions
    The Circle
    KoMaG
    TTLG.de

Please, let me know how you like it!

Now I think I'm going to play some Counterstrike... somehow I feel the need to vent steam...

Quick navigation:
    Lord Edmund Entertains (prequel)
    The Vigil -- thread currently viewing
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Jan 2013 at 07:19. Reason: Updated links

kfgecko

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME NOW!!!!!! AAArrghh!!! (Hmmm... do I feel sniffles? Headache? *Can I go home early for feeling "sick"*???

------------------
    May I invite you to visit Bloodstone Prison (4.5 Silver) and The Library (1.5-2 Silver)?

Bruny

Hee hee. You've read my mind kfgecko. I only just got to work (late) and now I want to go right back home! I've been waiting for this particular FM ever since I first saw the screenshots.

Bruny

Viper6

Ah Hah!!! Well, I am home and I'm going to download it and kick some Hammer Butt tonight! I just hope I get enough sleep to make it to work tomorrow, or can at least finish the level before the coffee pot goes on.

Your collective humility when you drop these little gems in our laps really slays me! My Mother used to say that when she put Thanksgiving Dinner on the table. "It's just a little something I whipped up. I hope you like it, heh, heh."

Let's see who comes up for air first.

V6

Despot

Wow, great mission! Played through on Expert(well, almost, I'm short 5 gold on the loot objective). I like really liked the scrolls.(Snoopy converts the Bear?? What, should I look for a rising popularity of Peanuts in Russia? ) Nice architecture, very clean layout. My only real nitpicks are it got to be a bit mazelike in places, and the loot seemed to be a bit strange.
    *minor spoiler*
    About those wards in the morgue, are they just there to look at, or do they have some significance?

------------------
    'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe: all mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe.

dkessler

About the wards: Play it on "Diabolical" and you'll find out.

Banshee, very sophisticated mission and, although I have yet to finish it, I understand your comment in the objectives already.

And back we go...

------------------
    repetitio est marta studiorum

kfgecko

SPOILERS!

I rush home... I download from the UK... too slow!... Oh good, TDP has it already... glad I got that cable modem... what? only 6kb/sec?... c'mon c'mon let's go baby... 56%... 77%... 92%... 99%... c'mon!... done... fire up TL... "V" for vigil... PLAY... oh yeah... what a great continuence of the story... hey, the intro's kinda crackly... woohoo... on the street... snuck around... in the tomb... I'm gonna be locked in!! (runs under door, realizes that's not what Banshee meant for and F12)... wooohoo! really getting into it.... open the secret door... met apebeast (by accident)... in the pumps...

"Are you gonna play on that computer all night?" says wife...

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Marriage or Vigil, marriage or vigil....

ESC.... QUIT... QUIT... ALT-F4... SHUTDOWN.

------------------
    Have you to visited Bloodstone Prison (4.5 Silver) and The Library (1.5-2 Silver)?

kfgecko

cut and paste from other thread:

I'm not even done with it yet, but Banshee's Vigil (which just came out) had an incredible feel when I snuck down into the tomb and saw the (living, human) family paying respects to their deceased relative... then they turn and begin to leave and I have no choice but to hide in the shadows as the tomb door lowers.

... and I am left alone in the tomb.

WOW! THAT WAS COOL!

------------------
    Have you to visited Bloodstone Prison (4.5 Silver) and The Library (1.5-2 Silver)?

Bruny

I'm playing diabolical (I know, it's my OWN stupid fault!). The clue and puzzle in that tomb was a MASTERPIECE. Beautifully crafted, not easy but absolutely completely fair. It took me quite a while to find my way out. Just had to read the clue very carefully. Very very carefully. Agh! When I finally figured it out I laughed out loud.

The atmosphere is creepy. Everytime I spend a bit of time picking a lock I keep getting the eerie feeling something is sneaking up behind me, slowly and quietly. I've looked over my shoulder with a nervous shudder more often in this mission than any other.

I don't think I'm diabolical enough to complete the mission. I'll probably have to restart on mere Expert.

Bruny

Huckeye

I ignored the warning and am finished with the mission with one exception. I need 5 stinking loot. As far as I know there is only one person not knocked out and he is one of the four at the funueral. He is a little edgy since his three friends disappeared in the cemetary and jumps no matter how quiet I am. Is there a stack of coins I missed somewhwere?

Great mission!, but I did not think it was that hard. I was forced to think and plan ahead a couple of times, but that is what thief is supposed to do.

Thanks for another great one.

...and could you post a hint about that gold

Banshee

Oh for f***s sake. This is really, really embarrassing. After this, I'm going to crawl under a rock and stay there for a year or two.

For those of you who have been desperately seeking that last 5 gold pieces worth of loot in The Vigil, look no more.

It isn't there.

Yes, I know that when you look at the stats screen it would indicate the total loot in the level to be somewhere above 1400. I'm still trying to figure out why this is (part of the reason I already know).

The fact is, the mission only has 1245 worth of findable, carryable loot in it. If you've got that much, you've got it all.

I'm not even going to try to explain to you how this happened, I feel stupid enough as it is.

Obviously, I'm going to fix this, and actually, a corrected .mis file (only the .mis, without anything else) is, while I'm writing this, uploading to:

[URL=http://www.kolumbus.fi/jussi.lehtinen/vigfix.zip]

I'll be uploading a fixed full zip no later than tomorrow.

My deepest apologies for needless frustration and senselessly spent bandwidth.

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited February 23, 2000).]

Viper6

Sorry, but hiding under rocks after releasing a mission is not permitted around here. Who will answer our boneheaded questions, and share this madness.

Now admittedly, there are some people who have "Special" keyboards with the DELETE key not installed. But, I'm not one of them, and obviously you're not one of them. "Oops" is a legitimate four letter word. We fix the Oops's, release a patch or V. 1.1 updated version, and start working on the spoilers list and walkthrough's for we "Academically Challenged" masses that still "Don't Get It".

Nice job on "The Vigil".

Eeeh, BTW, where is "Secret Passage" in tomb after family walks out and big door closes?

KFG, good point about Spouses & Addictive Computer Games. I have some funny stories to tell, will do separate post and see what kind of groans and giggles it gets.

dkessler

Viper6: pay attention to every clue
    The answer is looking at you no matter where you are

Trexx

Greetings, one and all! I'm new here and have been in Thief Heaven since discovering so many terrific fan missions. If I were wearing a hat, I would take it off to Banshee for another great level.

HOWEVER, someone help out a poor thief and give me a slight nudge on the Ducal Tomb. The secret exit must exist and it must have something to do with certain statues, yes? Am I close?

Yours in stealth,

T-wrexx

Trexx

Sorry to follow up my own post here, but I had to say I figured out the Ducal Tomb problem, and I am embarrassed at how it was staring me right in the face. This thief needs a vacation!

Great level, Banshee! Lovin' it!

Trexx

Tim Ewers

Ok weard thing when i made it into the berial chamber and the family whent out i got the book. When i walked around the crypt i hear door closeing sounds kinda about where the four people were standing.

And i cant get the secret door to open i pushed and pulled and proded every thing in the room.

I know where the door is but i cant get it to open

Trexx

Tim, I experienced the same thing. If you're standing on the sarcophagus and you walk between the two candles, you'll get the door closing sound also.

As for the puzzle, read the sign in front of the sarcophagus VERY carefully and pay attention to what you've found there and what is staring you in the face. Good luck!

T-rexx

kfgecko

Finished normal: very cool! My absolute favorite part is the tomb and spectating the funeral.

So now I'm playing Expert... and I'm stuck in the sewers where I've come up from the flooded hole and now encountered a locked gate that wasn't there before on Normal. (already past and killed Mr. Apebeast... hey, was I supposed to kill him?) Ack! It can't be picked and I don't have the key. Any clues?

------------------

dkessler

kfgecko

did you encounter any humming or whistling whilst down in in the sewers?

kfgecko

Well, at the locked gate I can hear a humming guard above me... is that what you're getting at?

------------------

foucaultin

possible spoiler...

playing it on diabolical. enjoying the mission very much, but... can't find the way into the other tomb. i can see, where the three statuettes are (with the writting underneath) that there's a trapdoor. tried firing fire arrows at it, which kinda opens it, but i run out of fire arrows before it's completely opened. ugh... any hints?

thanks again for a truly enjoyable mission.

------------------
    why do i rob banks? cause that's where the money is...

Tim Ewers

Well im glad others seem to have found out how to get the secret door open in the dukes crypt chamber but i give up as far as i can tell there is only two things that are frobable in the crypt the lid and the plaque.

And yes i looked at the plaque and tried everything i could think of to get on the statue faceing the crypt and tried breaking it climbing on it.

I managed to jump on the lid of the coffen one time but could not jump from the coffen to the staute but still a no go on the door.

So please some one email me on how you got passed it.

cewers@Kscable.com

Hanse

Read the plaque and find the statues in the room that fit the descriptions in the plaque. Then you need to use the fire and water crystal on either side of the plaque accordingly...

------------------
    Hanse left the palace wearing a soft new tunic, eyes narrowed. Planning, calculating. Plotting.

kfgecko

CRYPT SPOILER TOTALLY SPELLED OUT:

It says the guy with sword and shielf THIRSTS for knowledge; shoot a water arrow at him. He also "points the way" so the door is where he's looking at.

It says the guy with hammer will forge with FIRE a path; shoot a fire arrow at him.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kfgecko (edited February 24, 2000).]

kfgecko

Banshee! How do I open the locked sewer gate on Expert level?

[This message has been edited by kfgecko (edited February 24, 2000).]

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast