TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: The Game FM

The Game FM

Hi taffers,
    Can I get some feedback on my fm?
    Did my 3 conversations work alright? etc
    How do you rate it to my previous fm's? Bassett's Keep and The Ring.
    Thanks in advance!

Spitter I'm glad your fm won, I voted for ya! I really enjoyed it even though I was a little easier than some of the others.( I enjoyed ALL the fm's even the one that scored nothing You made the effort and I give you 10 out of 10 for that!!)
    I have the Builders patience on my side!
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

Yes, they worked perfectly. I almost fell off my chair when I came up the ladder from the tunnels and that guard started shouting. I thought he'd seen me. I had some difficulties getting out of the water until I noticed I only had to press the jump key instead of walk and jump together (I never noticed that while playing Thief II I'm dumb).

I still haven't gotten past the platoon of guards around the starting area. Those taffers are tough!

What! You haven't played it, Hit Deity! Those guys are marshmallows. Would you like some tips??

Thorin, are you still working on your objects part 3? I REALLY like parts 1 and 2, one of the best resources we have!
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I'm not sure where or what the conversations were, its been awhile. Sometimes they can be hard to pick out. I thought it was a fun mission though, thanx

Really enjoyed you mission Thorin but eventually had to give up as eveytime I found a secret the game ended (and there are lots of them!). I have the original copy - is there an updated version so I can now complete it?

The game was my favorite C2 mission . The mission seemed that it was alot bigger that it was , the game play was excellent . I found it bug free on my old machine . When's the next installment ?

Thorin! Are you still working on your objects list part 3?? It would be so handy to me right about now.....

Oh, I made it past the guards with a lot of killing and tossing people in the water and all, but I haven't gone as far in it as I'd like. That was a rough way to begin a career down 6 to 1.

Hit Deity - How on earth did you end up having to kill them all? Did you go swimming first??

I went across the dock, and whapped one that was walking away from me. One was coming down the stair behind me so I whapped him too. Then one of the buggers flipped the lights on and started shouting "Get him!!!" So I dove in the water. Never could make much headway after that. A few broadheads took out one and wounded another one, but I had a flashbomb and tossed it into the pile of guards and only got two blackjacked before 3 more showed up and I had to jump in the water again.

I hate missions that start like this, but I'm still trying. I didn't give up on Red Ridge, so I'm not giving up on this one either!!

If I remember correctly:

spoiler:
    If you go swimming at the beggining, under the hut there is a way behind the guards which mght make life easier. I only discovered it after doing similar to yourself, when I was having an explore.

Taliesin's right.
    spoiler:
    Just don't alert the guards. Jump into the hole in the dock beside you when you start. (In the water, look to your right and you'll find lots of water arrows, too, by the way. Then swim to the far end and climb out quietly in the small room. From there, you can ambush the guards without alerting everyone. You can also smash the big crate to your left, which is kind of noisy of course, and crawl through a secret passageway.

I know this one really well, because Thorin was kind enough to allow me to betatest it for him.

TO p3

Originally posted by Komag
    Thorin, are you still working on your objects part 3? I REALLY like parts 1 and 2, one of the best resources we have!
    Thanks Komag Yes, I would have finished it ages ago but I've had major PC woes since installing my radeon 64ddr and XP I've re-formatted twice going from XP to win98se and now back to XP again. I think its drivers for the radeon causing games and apps to crash, even in XP

I will try to finish part 3 by next weekend and update my website too (That's another thing)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I feel inspired to start another one now, Well after I've finished TO part 3 anyway.

ouzman, I don't think anyone else has had that problem, sorry. Have you tried to download it again? maybe it somehow got corrupt during download! I can email it to you if you like. When I update my site I'll post it there too.

Thanks again everyone
    Last edited by Thorin Oakenshield; 9th Feb 2002 at 06:13.
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

Thanks Thorin for your advice. I deleted the old file and downloaded it again eager to do some serious cudgeling to some of the guards at the start of the mission but have been struck down with my mystery invalid zip file illness again. I first suffered it when trying to download Sammy Pays His Dues (another fantasic mission) and for a time could only download files from the cheap missions site. Even formating the hard drive didn't work so I guess I will have to wait until I make another natural recovery before I give you more feedback.

OK ouzman
    I hope you get it sorted out soon. I've had my fair share of Micro$oft blues

i liked your mission !
    i didn,t encountered any bugs!
    i like those kind of missions !!
    i managed to knock em all out
    the one that patrol's was pretty easy,
    swam under for the other two,s and went back for the others
    i drawed them o me by making some some noise and gently put them to sleep