TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Chasing sergeant Chase is out

Long Finger

Chasing sergeant Chase is out

Hi taffers,

I have been 'taffin around' in dromed lately and constructed a FM of my own called 'Chasing sergeant Chase'. It is not very big but for a first effort I found it demanding enough getting to know dromed a little. I hope you will enjoy it and let me know what you think of it. The url for downloading is: http://members.tripodnet.nl/longfinger/ Hopefully it will also be available soon on "Thief-the-Circle".

Have fun

That looks great!

I LOVE the fire place / grill thing, in the first screen shot.
    How long did the mission take you to do?

I've just finished my first little FM, too.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Long Finger
    It took me the spare time of the last few months. In hours I think about 100 hours. I am glad you like the screen shots. Hope you enjoy the game too.

I just finished this one.

spoiler:
    Holy cow! 24 gas arrows! I've never seen that many in a mission before.

Long Finger
    You must have broken in somewhere.

Where's the key?

OK, I've completed all the objectives on Expert level but there's still one place I haven't gotten to: the locked door in Sergeant Chase's office. Can't find the key anywhere.

Can someone tell me where it is? I've been searching for over an hour now.

Thanks.

Fun mission, by the way.

NickD -
    spoiler:
    Check on top of the wall display of swords.

Very fun mission! Thanks, Long Finger.

CSC is up at Thief Underground now.

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/thief

Thiefmissions.com

And if you hate FilePlanet, it's been up at my site for a couple of days now.
    - J<

Thanks NightWalker

I thought I'd clicked everywhere in that room. Have to go back and try again.

It was a nicely designed mission but.. a little disappointing to me because it was impossible to ghost

Another thing to the author: In your description or mission briefing you said this: "When you are there, take all the loot you can get, especially the horn of Quintus, because your friend Basso is collecting these kind of things and you owe him one."

I owe HIM one? hehe. Without me, he wouldnt be allowed to walk in the streets (still rotting in cragscleft) and he wouldnt have a wife (Jenivere). I dont remember him ever paying me back for all that. Maybe he made me a few maps but other than that why do I owe him one? lol

Long Finger
    I don't know the preceding story too well because I only had Thief2 until today. I just managed to get Thief 1 today, so now I should be able to get some more background information by playing it. I am also able to play the T1 FM's now. I am not shure about the Gold missions yet. I understood that Thief Gold had 2 extra missions. I don't know yet if they available separately. I saw there was a Thief Gold patch on TTLG but I don't know what it contains yet. Sorry if I screwed up the story a bit.

For the ghosting part: from the version that is on my website now the lighting outside is ajusted so it should give ghosting a better chance. You might want to try it. But I admit there are some points where it is impossible. That is where you have to take the discision: ghosting and leave a bit of loot, or when you want to have it all, you must pay the price... (I personally thought that was a realistic approach). By the way, nearly all lights can be turned off inside which also makes it easyer to ghost.

After all, it was a first attempt, more of a research project how to make a FM with dromed, and after a while I thougt it would be nice to make it available for other players. So that is what I did. I never had thought it had the potential of a realy good designed mission. I just hope it is fun to play. I thought to do some taffers a favour by releasing it. That's all.

Sorry you are disappointed.
    Last edited by Long Finger; 23rd Feb 2002 at 16:17.

Just because I felt disappointed didnt mean I didnt like the mission. I just have this habit of looking to play fan missions that I can play different styles on. Ghosting, Master Thief, Blackjack mode, Assassin mode, Ironman, so forth. Thats the only reason I was disappointed. Im not putting your mission down. I played this FM using the "Psychotic Mass Murderer" mode and it was fun ^_^ but my point is, I was just hoping I could achieve a ghost on it

Long Finger
    I will keep it in mind for a next mission if I am going to make one. By the way, you are not the only one who came up with it. A number of beta testers made the same remark. Anyway, it seemed too much work to change the mission in this respect, so I explained what the idea was behind CsC and hopefully will do better next time.

I appreciate however when people let me know what the think of it. Of course I can't make a mission by which everybody is pleased. Some taffers want a lot of undead in a mission while others hate that for example. But it is always good to hear something, even if it is not exactly how I feel about it. So thanks for your remarks and letting me know.

Alright, where on earth is the horn of quintus?
    Seems like I have searched everywhere

Long Finger
    spoiler:
    The safe is in the horse shoe shaped room. You can see it when you shoot a rope arrow in the ceiling of the interrogation room. there are two inside windows; one above the office of Chase and through the other one to the right you can see the safe. This room is accessible by a secret door that is oprated by a small lever inside the locker where you found the safe key in the secret corridor between the library and the factory. After you opened it, go to the first floor of the factory and in the opposite corner whre you enter the room you find the secret door. Hints about this are in the red dairy on Lord Kinky Binky's desk, especially the last page.

Ok, thanks. Don't know how I could have missed it.