TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T2 FM Garrett to The Rescue - 2002.03.18

T2 FM Garrett to The Rescue - 2002.03.18

Hi. I think I'm nearly done with "Garrett to The Rescue". I've gotten everything I think I need to finish, including the auction house key. When I tried it down in the crawlspace, I got through one door (vertical) and all it did was open the door to a dead end. Then I tried it on the horizonal door. I can't get that door to open with any key (auction house included) nor can I pick the lock. I can frob the plate, but that's it. There's no keyhole for the keys, and just frobbing the door with the keys (or anything else) proves useless. Has anyone else out there finished this? Lots of secrets in this little mission, and it makes it fun to play, but this last bit is frustrating.

???

-Theef

Yes, I finished it today and it worked fine. I think maybe you missed a key.
    spoiler:
    Did you pick up the "study" key in the closet off of the main bedroom? It's behind one of the skull bookends. It opens a door down in the crawlspace that you need to get into.

Ah, once again, Nightwalker, you've come to my rescue.

Thanks again!

-Theef

where is the auction house key? i believe i've done everything else, including get into the study.

spoiler:
    To find the auction house key. Upstairs, where the masks are. There is another object there. The oblisk, break that glass. The oblisk will move off to the side, and underneath, is the key! I am looking forward to part 2 when it comes out.
    Apache, your a stinker with keys sometimes ya know it?
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 22nd Mar 2002 at 11:54.

thanks, BA.
    spoiler:
    i had already broken the front glass pane to no effect. now i break the left side, again no effect. then i try the right, and there appears the key. kinda arbitrary if you ask me.

Hmmmmm, funny, the first pane of glass I broke was the right hand side. And found the key. So it DOES make a difference on which pane. I didn't know that.

Played this again just recently. I always have the same problem. Two objectives won't check off. The one is the evidence to ruin his rep, which I assume is the book in his bedroom closet which gives you the new objective to find the Auction House Key. Find that key no problems. It opens the vent door (which disappears) then leads to a dead end. No endgame. OK, what am I missing?

That book isn't the evidence. You're missing a room down in the tunnels. You need to go down there and look UP while you're exploring.

Nightwalker, of course, knows. Thanks, I'll do that.

Yep, that did it. Thanks, Nightwalker.

How do I get up to the 2nd floor? I get nabbed every single time, no matter how quiet I am. I just can't get up there.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks