TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

I totally agree with Avalon here.
    And I would have been in total disbeleif if I had downloaded a, say 75mb or 120mb Calendra's Legacy, and played it.
    I would like to suggest cutting down the mission size to Purah himself.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2012 at 12:49.

Saving in CL

I found that the only way to save a FM (In this case CL), you have to run the Thief.exe icon. Well for whatever reason I am only able to play CL from within game mode of DromEd.

I try to play it through the T2 icon, and it doesn't work. It's like the game is all messed up. This is the only FM so far, that has done this to me. And being that this is a big FM, I virtually have to start over every single time I want to play. (Or end up leaving my computer on all the time until it is finished.)

Can someone help me to fix this? I should mention that this is not a patched version of T2, (to my knowledge). Since I am not able to patch it. (I get an error that says, "Cannot determine installation directory"

Any help?
    Thanks

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Delete the desktop icon. OPEN the THIEF folder, scroll to the EXE file, right click, and SEND TO DESKTOP.

Try that. This will put a new shortcut on the DESKTOP that points directly to your THIEF installation.

As to the Can't find, did you change the Install or DARKINST config files to run w/o the CD?

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman
    Delete the desktop icon. OPEN the THIEF folder, scroll to the EXE file, right click, and SEND TO DESKTOP.

As to the Can't find, did you change the Install or DARKINST config files to run w/o the CD?
    That is the icon on the desktop. It came directly from there.

I'm not sure. I did put in a no-cd patch though. Could this of caused it to not work? (If so, I'll do a clean install)

Thanks

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jysala
    That is the icon on the desktop. It came directly from there.

I'm not sure. I did put in a no-cd patch though. Could this of caused it to not work? (If so, I'll do a clean install)

Thanks
    The Icon was put there when the game installed. If your registry has changed due to tweaks, then that one may not work (as you say it has not been).

So if you manually delete the old one, and then use the SEND TO DESKTOP to make a NEW one, it should allow you to start the game from the desktop instead of by using the EXE, as you say you now have to.

Jysala, you HAVE to play all Theif FM's through DarkLoader - there is no other option.
    If you want to switch back to the original game, you have to run DarkLoader, choose "Original game" and click "Install", to remove the FM.
    If you always use DarkLoader in this fashion, it will keep your save games for every FM and the original game.
    Don't bypass the DarkLoader file management. It can only end in tears.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:41.

It is not mandatory to play any FM in Darkloader. DL is just used as a conveinent way to keep it all together. I play all my FM's differently. Which ones? Let's see: Bloodstone Prison, Inverted Manse, The 7th Crystal, Calendra's Cistern, Calendra's Legacy, and Embracing the Enemy. All without DL.

I can switch back to the original game any time I want to as well. (I remove my FM's manually). And even though I cannot vouch for the keeping of save games, I have to say I was glad to hear from a friend of mine, that DL wasn't required or necessary to run FM's. (I had been having alot of problems with DL in the past)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:44.

Well hey, if you wanna do the extra work of manual file handling, and backing up save games, that's your choice I guess. DarkLoader just saves you all that trouble, and eliminates human error. It's just a better way, straight out.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Feb 2012 at 11:46.

Objective mark problem remains

I ve read your solutions Zacharias and Nightwalker about the question of Lord Chaos which concerns the ''bug'' in objectives marked i have the same problem even with the patched version (1.18) of Thief II any ideas
    Last edited by Geacid; 22nd Sep 2004 at 08:39.

I don't think anyone has a simply and obvious solution to this. Sorry!
    Been in the same situation myself and it only got fixed after reinstalling Windows (for some other reason of course).

Or was it that I was using Win98 at the time...can't recall exactly.
    Hang in there!

- Klatremus
    NORWAY

Thanks

Thank you Klatremus for your essential help. I cant in fact reinstall windows for this reason but i appreciate the fact that you respond me and help me. Good taffing and have a nice day

Well, while this is topped....

I had a blast playing Calendra's Cistern, and just last night I put this on my computer. But even at 800x600 resolution, it's incredibly choppy. I really want to play this, as I've heard nothing but rave-type reviews for it.

I meet the requirements, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

P3 933 Mhz
    GeForce 3
    512 MB RAM

I'm playing it through DarkLoader.

Oddly enough, since I've played it, everything on my computer is taking forever to open. I've defragged, rebooted, the works, but it's all so damn slow. Not sure what to do, as I'm not the most computer illiterate person.

Ah well, if anyone can think of something off the top of their head, it'd be much appreciated.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and apparently there's supposed to be cutscenes. I've started the first mission, and haven't seen any. The cutscenes work fine for the main Thief 2 campaign.
    Last edited by Low Moral Fiber; 9th Dec 2004 at 16:45.

A request...

Hey, folks...

I was wondering if some kind soul would be able to send me a .jpg or .gif of the Calendra's maps - I'm not too sure how to do it myself, as it's not really a screen-shot per se.

Email for this request is winterlong AT sympatico DOT ca

.j.

Need help. I can´t start Calendra´s legacy

Please, I want to play Cañendra´s, but I can´t start. the screen puts black, only can make control+alt+supr to return to desktop.
    Thanks.

Pentium IV, 512, Geforce 4, Darkloader 4.1

Problems with Objectives and exploring in CL

I'm playing Thief 2 patched to version 1.18, and DarkLoader version 4.1. I 've been having a lot of problems with Callendra's Legacy. In A Meeting with Basso, I put off entering the tomb until near the end. I could not open the tomb,
    spoiler:
    shooting a fire arrow at the boulder
    had no effect, the arrows just stuck in it and it didn't move. I had to reload from way back in the mission, then it worked. In Midnight In Murkbell, I cannot get the original set of Objectives to complete. After dropping off the object in the
    spoiler:
    shute at the cathedral
    , I return to my rented room, collect the stuff, and am given the keys to the cemetery by the woman from the closet. I gain new Objectives, which will complete, but the original ones do not. At what point are the original Objectives supposed to complete, and does anyone know what is causing the problems?

(noob)questions about calendra's legacy

hi,
    first of all don't flame me for asking these questions about cl :

-how many undead missions are there in the campaign?
    -is there an robot mission

you guys are probably wondering why i ask such strange things
    well there's a simple explanation: I hate the undead/robot missons
    its just that i rather download missions with simple human AI in it because thats more realistic + i hate the strange sounds they make

i tried to contact purah first but i couldn't because i can't pm him and his email is wrong

thx anyway

IIRC only one of the missions has undead, but it makes up for about three missions worth of undead. There were no robots.

indeed!

thanks for the warnings, do u know which mission exactly?
    so i can equip myself with the 'zombiekilling'

The second mission. The first one is a small town mission and the third one is part town, part Keepers.

It's also worth pointing out that the second mission does have a significant amount of human involvement too.
    You'll know when the undead bit starts.

still a classic

thought I'd take a trip down memeory lane, and play this ol game again. MAN, you guys were good !!!! thanks for all the good times.

I've been playing through Calendra's Legacy once more, and am continuously astonished by the quality of these missions. We've had a number of excellent FMs in the intervening years, but CL is still the benchmark by which I rate all the other missions - "How close to CL does it get?"

.j.

There is something that i wanted to ask long time ago, but never got around to doing. While updating my FM archive i noticed that there are two versions of Calendra's Legacy floating around. The archive that is up at the Keep is called CalendrasLegacy.zip, while the one at thiefmissions is called Calendras_Legacy_v1a.zip. I know that different sites stick to different naming conventions and sometimes rename FM archieves, but this time that does not seem to be the case. Garretloader displays different information on the author fields, has different ratings for these files and does not understand, that CalendrasLegacy.zip is for Thief 2. Also, while both archives contain leftover garbage like empty folders, thumbs.db files and WS_FTP.LOG files, the garbage also seems to be different (in other words, one archive is just not cleaned up, they both contain different garbage). The important files however seem completely identical (file sizes and dates). Does anyone know what's up here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolknaz View Post
    Does anyone know what's up here?
    I don't, but use Calendras_Legacy_v1a.zip, it works 100%, and also, I believe it's the latest version.