TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Calendra's Legacy" official release (April 1st, 2002)

mission 2 a little help here

ok, after reading all those nice spoilers posted before this one I just a quick question?

spoiler:
    What's the quickest way to the room to deliver the Cylix from the hole in the cathedral? I only got 7 minutes to get the room to drop off the cylix.

ps I am really learning to hate time limits!!

Clarification

Continuing my plight from above, I never had trouble switching among FM's until I loaded CL, and it could very easily be some problem between CL and the much older Darkloader 3.02, but my main question is how to uninstall CL when I can't get Darkloader to run. Is it possible to install a later version of Darkloader on top of my apparently defunct one and then uninstall CL or am I consigned to a clean sweep/reinstall of Thief2 and Darkloader?

Thanks

Re: CL act 3: I missed a plot line somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by kfgecko View Post
    On the third mission, I think I missed a plot line somewhere. I finished the mission, and it made sense AFTER wards, but I think I missed...

spoiler:
    The text or explaination how Garrett knew that there was a Keeper compound inside the factory. Was it in the conversation with Mercedes?
    Kfgecko
    spoiler:

There's a book in the pawn shop that explains it, also look for a door, I haven't got it open yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stauf View Post
    Where??? Please just tell me!! I've looked everywhere. I think. Now the patrons and staff of the Black Die are after me. I could kill them, but that poor guy lost his cat; that would just be adding insult to injury. The ONLY place I havn't been is the foundry. I intend to do the cylix last. Milk the mission for all it's worth! But it occurs to me I should check there anyway
    Stuaf
    spoiler:
    To complete amulet, get book from Cardinal room in Cathedral, eye from windmill, eye from garden, eye from Gleaming Facet jewel shop, and the amulet (in a hard to find hole in water-jump in at black die, swim through hole towards cathedral, see vines look down). Take them to the FalStaff wizards place and place them on magic circle.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 24th Jan 2012 at 15:11.

Re: mission 2 a little help here

Originally posted by Sap'em
    ps I am really learning to hate time limits!!
    I hear ya brother. I've always loathed time limits with an incredible passion (you wouldn't believe it. I felt horribly disappointed when I found out I had ten minutes to deliver something in a city I've never been in, as well as while possessing a horrible sense of direction ). I did happen to do it in time though, and although it's probably not the fastest path, it was the easiest for me:

spoiler:
    Basically, follow the path indicated on the map (use your compass if you're bad with direction like me), until you get to the wall that has some graffiti on it (it was the only way I knew I was even in the right area). There is a woman walking around here, so wait until she turns her back, and run and jump into the water. If you look around a bit you'll find a building with the wall broken up.. You can climp in there and jump up the stairs. If you're playing in the easiest difficulty there should be one guard patrolling outside the door (stay in the shadows until he leaves to the left), and another facing the other way on the right. I know I'm really bad at this, but I'm trying my best You'll next want to run straight and to the right (shouldn't alert the guard standing there if you're quick and stick to the shadows when available). And if you follow the building you should see a balcony on the left. The patrolling guard has the key, so steal it when his back is turned, and jump up the ladder. As for the rest, I can only give you a general idea, because it all happened so fast with me. I believe you go forward from the balcony, and in an entrance to the left. There should be a chapel area here, and on the other side, a door (again, on the left). Open it and drop the Cylrix in the chute in the left corner, as the voice instructs you. Now you've just got to escape, because the traitorous bastard set off the alarm! I'd suggest going out the balcony, and out the way you came, hiding in the shadows as a few guards run by. Sorry but thats the best I can do to help a fellow taffer struggling to do it in time, as I did

deadman.

Quote Originally Posted by dkessler View Post
    yes, i know, but

a) the objective of the prophecy did not check off, so I thought I HAVE to kill her
    and I am playing the patched version...
    also, in one of the books in the pawn shop i believe they mention that the prophecy is behind the northern doors?
    that is why I was/am a little bit confused
    dkessler -
    spoiler:
    Did you read the big plaque with the funny symbols on it on the back wall? That's the prophecy.

sap'em - What difficulty level are you playing on? You can get to the Cathedral grounds in less than 2 minutes on Cutpurse and CatThief and under 4 on Garrett, so it gives you quite a bit of time to look around and to avoid the guards.

On the first two -
    spoiler:
    jump into the water off of the Black Die balcony and swim into the canal to the right. It leads directly to the tower with the hole. There are a couple of round grates blocking the way. On Cutpurse, just frob them, on CatThief you have to use your lockpicks on the second one.

The other one's a little longer, so I won't post it unless you tell me you're playing on Garrett.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Feb 2012 at 22:34.

Got my free cd offer

Thanks Theef for senting the free cd offer to me

I will post back when i have recived it and i can't wait to play it

I hope i have my address clear to you

btw how long do you reckon it take to get to me

Glenn, I'll have that out to you today. I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get to you. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Contact me off-list at: marcpaulhamlin@yahoo.com rather than taking up space in the forums, ok? This way, folks won't get upset.

Go on with your bad self,

-Theef

Installation woes

I have downloaded the executable plus the 16 files of Calendra's Legacy. When I run the CL_v1a executable file, it begins installation and gives me the message "Cannot find the next volume, insert disk with C:\MYDOCUMENTS\THIEF MISSIONS\CL_V1A.r00" I save all my FMs to C:\MYDOCUMENTS\THIEF MISSIONS. Any suggestions?

Thiefmissions.com

There is an executable and seventeen (not sixteen) additional numbered files. You say that it can't find a file (ending in r00), but you don't say whether or not you actually have that file. I guess its a long shot since the error message is so obvious but maybe there's a chance that you didn't download it.
    - J<

Installation woes

Thank you for your reply, epithumia. I D/L from http://calendra.math.uh.edu/ The first file after the executable is labeled "00" on that site. When I run the executable, if I click OK after the error message, it says it's extracting Calendras_Legacy_v1a.zip with the cursor blinking behind the message. It does nothing after that. You are correct about the 17 files 00 through 16=17.
    Last edited by dragonfly; 8th Apr 2002 at 22:47.

It's a long shot but you might try putting all of the files in a directory without a space in the name...

Where is "...The Red"

Can't remember his name right now, but I think I've finished off just about everyone in the mission (#3) and that objective hasn't checked off.

Can't find
    spoiler:
    key to secret door in Pawn Shop

Did any one else find the
    spoiler:
    gas arrow way up high, climb the pipes, go around building by tall tower with stairwell
    ?

Re: Where is "...The Red"

Originally posted by schwaa
    Did any one else find the
    spoiler:
    gas arrow way up high, climb the pipes, go around building by tall tower with stairwell
    ?
    yeah... I though all those pipes would lead me to a huge amount of loot and all I found was a gas arrow :mumbles:

-Burt
    /me for president

Yes it is possible to get your blackjack from your room without
    spoiler:
    spawning all zombies
    , just run to the crate next to your bed and open it then run back to balcony. You have to be quick otherwise you trigger Mercedes and the hell breaks loose.
    But it is possible, I've done it many times .

That's very clever, Willie! I'll have to try that next time.

It took me until yesterday, but I've finally figured out that at the beginning of Mission II, you can avoid having to listen to the old hag by putting a rope arrow into the beam in the ceiling, and climbing up, jumping over the partition, and into the bar. Open the door, and head out to the street and hit the ground running. I was almost to Knife Street (went back for my blackjack before going to the Cathedral) when diamonds suddenly appeared in my inventory. A very nice little shortcut. You have to climb out of that room, otherwise, the game holds you there, listening to her.

-Theef

I checked out what you said, Willie. On Footpad and Cat Thief,
    spoiler:
    if you go directly to your rented room from the Black Die, you can get your BJ and not worry about triggering the other objectives. Not on Expert, though, because it's not there until later and the objective seems to trigger pretty fast when you enter the room.
    You still have time to get to the Cathedral and it makes it easier.

I would advise anyone who does this, though, to be very cautious about using it too much, or you may be in for more trouble later on than you bargained for. It's helpful to get by a few difficult spots, though.

Theef, I'd also be careful about leaving before the conversation is done. That barrier was added because it was suspected that not listening to the whole conversation was causing some things to not work right. I don't know if that was verified or not. Did your game work properly after this??

Originally posted by Nightwalker

Theef, I'd also be careful about leaving before the conversation is done. That barrier was added because it was suspected that not listening to the whole conversation was causing some things to not work right. I don't know if that was verified or not. Did your game work properly after this??
    I'm in Mission III now, so I guess it works pretty well.

-Theef

It you get too far out of range, Sue will go to sleep and not finish her conversation. That can lead to problems, so I don't recommend doing it.

The Keeper's proclaimation tower

Well, I don't know if that's what it's called. But I thought it was AMAZINGLY COOL to be able to run around that Keeper place like that. Especially since:

spoiler:
    it looked exactly like we saw in cut scenes of T2. Thank you, Purah, for bringing some magic to life for me (us). And it was totally unexpected.

Ok, so i've run around the place like crazy and i can complete the mission, but I'm dying to:

spoiler:
    get into the proclaimation tower. It looks like there's a chest inside, but I don't know how to get into the tower. I can easily get on the bridge (where Garrett got to hear the profesies in T2), but can't find my way into the tower. Help?

Also on the same mission:

spoiler:
    How do you get into the "secret attic"? I found an attic looking place and I found a switch on the door way sill just before you climb up to it. It opened a section on the other end of the attic, which I got the stuff in the chest. Is there another secret attic? There seems to be a room that can be seen from the library.

kfgecko -
    spoiler:
    To get into the attic in the Keeper's area, go into the big sitting room and climb the ladder up against the wall. Over to the left, from the top of the ladder, there's a book you can frob that gets you into the attic. I got into the Interpreter's Tower by dropping the boxes from the attic down onto the walkway and then stacking them so I could mantle up. I don't know if there's a better or easier way, though.

That's the way.

One thing I thought was especially cool about that area was
    spoiler:
    the actual vertigo I felt looking down from the tops of the highest ladders!

It took a lot of reading but....

now I finally have seen about getting the BJ...I think since I've been going about doing things before going there has been a big help overall in not getting any new AI's to get around while I try to complete this amulet as an example...and I really didn't need anything to get into Cathedral but two water arrows actually, maybe three if you need to go back in afterwards for other stuff. I am playing FootPad and so maybe that makes it a little different..and actually I think coming in from the window on top makes some things easier, like getting the loot from upstairs on your way downstairs....

Spoiler:
    spoiler:
    All I did was watch the two guards patrol and when they went one way...natuarally I went the other to the right side of church, grabbing gold cup on the way and getting purse from Priest...then hightailing it down to the end I put an arrow into torch across the way downstairs. Got onto beam and went across then dropped down to on-top of the torch I put out, then dropped to the floor. Creeped to under alter and stood up frobbing both goodies up there, then creep ran into Cardinals room, got items, dropped Cyfix(?) and used "cup" to get out thru passage, etc.. Since there's a key to balcony in Cardinals room as well, you can use it to go back in (would also need water arrow for that room while you wait to go) and get into room near the torch you put out (just run through door and drop down off alter area hiding in the previously dark corner, wait for guards then put torch out in there and read scroll/book ) then go down path to see....???? Then exit out the other side again and out! TA DA :-)
    Just thought I'd explain about not really needing my BJ afterall
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 9th Apr 2002 at 17:53.
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

A Young Boy's Fancy
    or, "How I Did Some Stuff"
    by Silver Something

I got into the Interpreter's tower by jumping on one of the rails on the bridge, then mantling up into the tower.

Delivering the Cylix: on the way, I managed to loot a couple of stores and get two of the Eyes, since I knew the places would be covered in police when I came back to them (especially the windmill). I worked pretty fast, so I had about five to eight minutes to kill before I had to drop the blasted thing off with the Cardinal. So getting into the Cathedral grounds, I found the one priest with a key to the balcony. I got in through the balcony -- right by the altar -- put out the torch, crept into the Cardinal's room, put out the gas lamp in there, then waited for the story to unfold. And yes, using the Cardinal's secret exit helps immensely. I admit, though...I've played this particular mission four times all the way through, so it's become a race with me to see how much stuff I can get done within the time limit.

An interesting dilemma: playing the second mission on expert, I had leaned into my rented room to pick up my blackjack and whatever else I could reach without triggering seven thousand different flavors of unholy old Hell, and then went on to complete a large part of the mission (stealing the bigass diamond, robbing a few stores, pilfering the museum, putting the amulet together, and so on). I planned to wait until after the Zombie Nightmare (where's Tia Carrere when you need her?) to steal the painting from the museum vault and destroy the Cylix for reasons of my own. So anyway, I had my blackjack and just KO'd a few members of the local constabulary (and I laughed and laughed and laughed while doing it, too). However, when I went back to my rented room to get the rest of my stuff and let the rotting gentry have their time in the spotlight, the mission failed...miserably. Apparently, it seems I had violated the Prime Directive in some fundamental way: someone died.

Now, I don't know if it happened because one of the guys I KO'd fell into the canal and drowned or what, but it happens when Mercedes walks out of my closet...so I think I outsmarted myself here. Anyway, I'm going back to play on a level where killing is okay...maybe even take that job at RJ Reynolds...

The Graveyard:
    Yes, I killed Alcandar. And I'm glad, I tell you! Glad! A-hahahahaha! Two twists of the Zilich amulet and zap. No more bad guy. On other skills, I used fire arrows and in one instance, a combination of slashings with the vampire blade and flashbombs.

Then in the next mission, I went on to kill Bathsheba. Three mines, eight fire arrows, ten holy water arrows, twenty broadheads and a whole lot of vitriol went into her removal from this plane of existence. Granted, I was off my game; it probably could've taken less to kill her, but I missed a couple of times. And when she died, she went out with a bang. Took half of me with her, she did.

I think I've invented my own cure for insomnia here.

Silver Sorrow, you're post was interesting! Your way into the
    spoiler:
    attic
    is much better than mine.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Jan 2012 at 16:54.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast