TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

TTGM:Making Tracks now available

http://www.daboys.co.uk/pages/modzips.html (also contains pictures and background)

find it at the above link
    or at links below

http://thiefmissions.com/m/MakingTracks
    http://darkfate.org/view/details/fil...gem_mine/ttgm5
    http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thief2missions.html
    https://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navi...M-Download.xml
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://darklurker.org/T2_DarkOrg.html

Follow on from TTGM: Up Shit Creek.

You are at the Northern Dock, across the river from the city, you are in a Keeper owned shoppe, the owner a Zax Marler has gone off to buy ticket's to get you back to the city, you are tired, and fall asleep, you awake to the sound of a Mechanist breaking down the door, you need to find away out and a way, into the Old Gem Mine. So you should search around the area for information about the Trickster's Gem Mine.

Gone, but never forgotten
    Thanks, dowloading now

Cool, got it!

Ooh yah let's see what majic Mr. Belboz has for us today!

Ah... Garrett's finally across the river! It took us two missions to do that!
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Thiefmissions.com

When it rains, it pours. Years after the games are released, the fan missions seem to be arriving even more often and are getting better all the time. Amazing!
    - J<

Belboz, you are a genius! This is a great series!

It was nice to find out what happened to Jones, and to use something picked up three missions ago!

Isn't it great to have the story continued? The ending just screams for another installment. Great job Belboz.

Can Garrett catch the curse?

I hope not. It would be pretty hard to play as
    spoiler:
    a big green glowing spider.
    Last edited by Aurore; 3rd Apr 2002 at 01:13.

Downloading.

Boy, I'm going to trying to catch up with all the latest FMs for all eternity! Needless to say, I'm overjoyed!

I messed around in dromed, and I found that while I can't make Garrett into a spider, I can make him into a zombie! When he becomes one, he drops his cloak and all his equipment and is left with just claws. He also sounds like one, and I'm sure he could look like one after a little playing with the user.cfg file.

making tracks

Has anyone played this mission yet? (given around 10 cl threads I have doubts!! ) I'm playing m.t. and really enjoying it - congratulations Belboz on another excellant instalment of the ttgm campaign.

However... I'm a little stuck...

I'm performing the i.jones quests, I have completed the apex room stuff but have not found the stars. I'm assuming that one is the daedelus (?) star that opened the apex alcoves, and I'm missing just one of the two. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

many thanks

oops... quick edit... I'm playing on Hard.

Yes, I played this one before CL.

Walkthrough from the body of Dr. Jones: Find the well of the miners villiage, and jump into it. then swim a lot, and you'll come out in a LC type place. Use the water key on the metal plate to open the doors, and then look for a patroling guard. Steal his key and then open the doors with the inverted hammer sigils outside. One of them is the high priests room. (it's the only place with an anteroom as well as a main room). Then read the scroll on his table.

spoiler:
    Read the scroll about rituals in the library in the office building

Great FM Belboz....

Another great FM from Belboz with a ton of places to go and some really cool mods. I hereby make a nomination for Belboz to be nominated "Fastest Dromeder Builder Extraordinare" Some of us "turtles" wish we could go just half that fast....."when is Thief 3 gonna be released again? I wanna be done before Thief 3 ya know...." haha

Seriously though, thanks muchas for the FM (loved the tower and the many different areas to explore) and I'm looking forward to your next project. No offense to Calendra's FM release (I need to download at work on the T1 line manyana...), but make sure you don't miss this one either peoples....

I'm playing on expert and I'm stuck. I've done the Apex room but I still need to find the twin stars so that I jones will give me a key. I've got one called "Star of Dacorius" and I'm assuming that's one of the two stars. I think it was framed on a wall in an office somewhere. I guess I missed the other one.

Do what belboz says.

Coldraven
    I'm having trouble with this one, too...

If I'm reading the scroll correctly, I need to reach the Grotto and perform the headless ritual. I've combed the ruins, the prison etc., but no luck reaching the Grotto.

Watching the Child of Karras in the warehouse cracked me up...
    spoiler:
    I wonder if it understands "stone or coin" better than Benny?

I'll give ya a little hint to find the Grotty Grotto
    spoiler:
    Hopefully you already have two heads in your inventory to perform the ritual. Bizitine's (?) Lucky head. And a certain Golden Skull. What difficulty are you playing on? You need one more head, you'll find that later when you reach the Grotto.
    I just happen to find this area, after combing it for a while. Go find a place where people are picked up for the train. It is a nice lighted area. Go around to the back of that area. You'll find a little passageway. There is loot coming up in this area as well. You could do some climbing too.
    Now, you'll come to another area, with a table and a book to read, and a lantern, it is right before the mine shaft. LOOK around carefully.
    I don't want to give it away too much. But, if you need more of a push, let me know. I loved this mission. Belboz did an awesome job with it.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 4th Apr 2002 at 11:22.

Cheers guys....

I'd read the ritual papers a lot earlier, and it was the fact that I hadn't found the grotto which had thrown me.

I've finished the level now and have got to say what a corker, I can't wait for the next instalment.

I particularily liked the appearance of death... v amusing

NOOOOO WWWAAIIIIT!!!! I want more!

Your right, the ending was a hoot. You first walk in, and expect the worst really. OOOH NOO....then the conversation starts going. Hehe. What a chuckle. Being in the water at the end....NO WAIT!!! I wanted more...it screams for more.

having a blast .....

Need a little help though! I can't seem to find jones or get the signature machines to work - I think I am running circles now - need a rest. This is soo much fun Belboz!

Quote Originally Posted by Yametha
    Do what belboz says.
    I read the scroll. I've been to the grotto...

but I never found the third head to complete the ritual. I used the golden skull and the lucky head, and I think the last one is a "treebeast mask" right? BrokenArts said the third head was near the Grotto, but I never saw it (I'm on Expert). I'll look again.

The head you are looking for is on the way into the grotto.

spoiler:
    As you are walking into the entrance to the grotto,there is a statue on the left that is broken.Remove the head off this statue and then go into the grotto and the sign in there will tell you where to put the heads.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast