TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Great mission by the way.

Belboz,

I finished playing the mission, short some loot and the optional objective. Question: The one thing I can't figure out are these darn machines that require a letter with or without a signature. I thought I had all the notes, tryed putting the notes on the machine plates without any luck. What have I missed to finish this process for these machines to do their work?

To use the signature machines use the scroll on the metal plate in the higher tray like you would use a lockpick.

So when you come across a metal plate that can't be picked up then something must be used on it, not placed on it.

I haven't been able to find any notes that extend like a lock pick, they all just open to words.

Correction: The only note I found that extended I used on the machine by the train. When I used it there it ate the note. Is there suppose to be another note for the other machine ?
    Last edited by howie; 4th Apr 2002 at 21:34.

I wish I could be more help, but there is a form in
    spoiler:
    a wall safe in one of the offices. Form 2342 or something.
    This form needs to be put through
    spoiler:
    the signing machine. Then put through the stamping machine. Lastly through the item making machine.
    Don't remember where
    spoiler:
    the signing machine is; think you need to get key from the chief architect to get to the machine. The stamping machine is in the general office and the key making machine is by the train being repaired.
    If the machine by the train ate your form #2342 then I don't know where to get another one.

Somthing is screwed up then Aurore. I skipped the first two machines and stuck the note directly into the machine near the train and got the key. I was just looking for the notes on the Tricksters Mine and about $500 loot that I am missing. I finished the fm but wanted to finish all the objective plus the loot total. I have some notes on the Tricksters Mine but I didn't think they were the correct notes because the objective didn't check off. The $500 loot has got me wondering tho. Down the stairs, in the Hammerite Temple, there is a zombie woman next to what looks like two transporters with a gold plate on the wall. I thought I would find something to make the gold plate activate, to send Garrett to another location. Maybe it's just a dead end. I seem to have broken the scripting in the mission somehow. For some reason I always seem to break the unbreakable. My playing style must be really bizarre compared to everyone else's. [Spam ]They have got to let me start testing these fm's.[/beta spam me]

Thanks cassee, I just finished.

spoiler:
    I had picked up that statue head before and never noticed that it said something other than "rubble".

@%$$R^% Apex room...

Okay, I have both the round, orange sunrise and sunset doo-hickeys, but I can't seem to get past the doors with the stars on them. I've tried placing the sunrise/sunset in the metal "dish" that frobs next to each door, but nothing happens.

Do I need to use something else? I've done the head ritual (man, that sounds naughty) and grabbed some loot, but no star. I did see this nifty warning in the new cyst, but there was nothing to pick up.

-Storybuilder

Storybuilder, for the doors in the apex room, use the dadelus star as a key. after the head ritual (ooh err missus) check the other alcoves in the grotto, something new will have appeared

Aurore, I assumed that there must be two notes which could be used in the machines. The note I found was already signed twice, so I didn't put it through the signing machine, just the stamping machine.

I guesed there must be some other note with only one signature that I missed? and that the note made something other than a prison key? perhaps something none quest essential? - dunno if that's right, just my guess.

Just wanted to say big thanks for TTGM series, Belboz.

You're one of the greatest!!

Taliesin - No, as far as I know, it only makes the prison key.

Maybe whether or not the form is already signed or stamped depends on the difficulty level. I played on expert and had to find all three machines.

howie - Never found anything to activate the teleporters either. Maybe it has something to do with the next installment in the series. If anyone got these to work, let us know.
    Last edited by nickie; 16th Jul 2013 at 13:49. Reason: Spoiler cover added

star help pls

ok I have the one from the priests quarters where is the other one? This is a challenging game for me in that I have no sense of direction and the layout is confusing me - but then I am easily confused!

I have the bow upgrade
    I am still looking for the key to that second floor room in the chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake
    I am still looking for the key to that second floor room in the chapel.
    Use the lockpicks you are carrying on the second floor room in the chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by howie
    Somthing is screwed up then Aurore. I skipped the first two machines and stuck the note directly into the machine near the train and got the key.
    spoiler:
    You only get to use one machine on normal, two machines on hard, and three machines on expert, for the key form.

Quote Originally Posted by howie
    Down the stairs, in the Hammerite Temple, there is a zombie woman next to what looks like two transporters with a gold plate on the wall. I thought I would find something to make the gold plate activate, to send Garrett to another location. Maybe it's just a dead end.
    The teleporters dont work, they would take you to a room filled with lava if they did, and Garrett would be toast.

Just finished it, great great mission!
    Really liked all the different areas and the, not surprisingly, outstanding archetecture.

Once again a very clever hunt for cool artifacts and whatnot. I love feeling like I'm doing something really special and sacred and whatnot.

The scene with the black haunt was hilarious as were those other jokes you added here and there in typical Belbozian style.

There was only one thing I didin't like: walking down a large large flight of stairs and then going even further down only to get a diamond and having to go all the way back up. Besides that everything was placed really well.

I missed about 1,000 loot but I sure felt like I found a lot.

Anyhow, another great mission, I wait in much anticipation for the next.

Now on to CL, sigh.

Finished!

What a fabulous ending! I had a great time with this one - thanks!

Thanks for clearing up the confusion belboz. Like Sharga says, " great great mission!, anyhow, another great mission, I wait in much anticipation for the next.

Now on to CL, sigh "

Erm...where are the sunrise/sunset-thingies...I have the other one installed at the
    apex room,but I can't remember which one that was,so...a little help
    would be appreciated.
    It's the only thing that keeps me from finishing this great FM!

I have a question: that gold skull you start out with:
    I think I remember getting it from Up Shit Creek. It was in that really really tall room with the big elevator shaft and the pipes at the top, right?
    But if you missed it in USC then how you do you end up with it in Making Tracks.
    I suppose it's just like the sword of ballance. If you missed that in Errand Boy you still have it on Shore Leave because the keeper gives it to you.

I have the same Q as Tuska. .

I have opened the Apex door and used the stars to open the doors to where you place the two sun objects - but I don't have a clue where to find those

Also, I took the two stars to I. Jones. I think thats when the key to the Apex door appeared - on the floor by his feet. But he's still standing there telling me to do what he asks or I won't get the key. Is that right?????

Also, was there any point in making the key to open cells 1-4??? Apart from the extra short cut through to the Miner's village I don't see what else it achieves.

Finally, where the heck is the Architects office?

Another great mission but now getting frustrating!

MaJiC
    MaJiC's Thief Resource Collection

FMs in progress: Winter Harvest - 35%, Full Circle - 55% Dominion of the Dead - 5%

MaJiC@work..... what level are you playing on? It makes a difference to find the Rising and setting Suns. Once you find the Suns, you need to place them in their niches in the Apex room. The niches are on the WALL. They highlight, then place them in there. You should be set, after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaJiC@work
    Also, was there any point in making the key to open cells 1-4??? Apart from the extra short cut through to the Miner's village I don't see what else it achieves.
    No other point, other than the short cut to get to the miners village.

Sharga, do you remember finding the lucky head in Errand Boy?
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

yes, I remember it now! It was by the garden area, in a little closet thingy. I wondered what it was for since I could find no use for it.

Another question: What is the purpose of "turning on" the apex? I mean besided pleaseing the Jones guy and completing the mission. I'm sure it was mentioned in the scrolls but I forgot it while paying attention to all the other details. It didn't appear to do much for all the work that was involved. I suppose it's linked to the next mission somehow.

The puzzles are based on playing on expert and getting all non loot objects, and all objectives, the lucky head thing, Garrett didn't carry it across the river, he lost it at the beginning of shore leave, and the guard whos head it was, got transfered to the north side of the river just after Garrett took the boart ride north. And the apex room is like some great power converter, Garrett has to turn the power on to get rid of the curse.

Ok, that makes sense now.

Yes, I remember reading the scroll now about how it had been stolen before and was currently returned to the guy. (it being a lucky head and all perhaps he will find it again)

I know what the head is for now, but did it serve a purpose in Errand Boy? I played that on Hard so I might have missed an Expert objective.

BrokenArts:

I'm playing thru the first time on Easy (with my 10 year old son). I know where to put the Suns but I can't even find them!

MaJiC
    MaJiC's Thief Resource Collection

FMs in progress: Winter Harvest - 35%, Full Circle - 55% Dominion of the Dead - 5%

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast