TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Majic@work. For the rising and setting sun's. You really need to look around! That's how I found them. I know you have, just keep trying. This is one busy mission.
    spoiler:
    For one Sun, look in a train box car. For the other sun, I am not 100% on this, I will go back in and have a look, but, could be in the barracks.
    I will go in and look again to help. I know where they both are on expert. Just keep looking. I ran around this mission so many times. I'll check back later and see if you have found the other one, and post it if you haven't. Keep going!

Belboz, I'd like to add my praise, this was a fantastic mission. Hopefully you're almost done with the next installment, right?

No? Rats.

belboz, thanks for your work; this is a real sweet mission. Runs great on my steam powered difference engine! When I get a real computer I bet it will fly! Seriously, it behaves as well as a Thief 1 mission. I'm attributing that to superior level design.

I won't say I've been everywhere but I've been a lot of places in the mission. Even got the jewel in the grotto. I'm having one problem (as far as I know): I can't find the second star. I found the suns and fired up the gizmo in the Aphex Room. One of the stars (whose name I forget!) acted as a key to the two rooms with the niches. Where is the second star? I'm assuming I need two stars to get the key from I. Jones to that downwards tunnel behind the grate in the Old Miner's Village. Any help?

Well Radioman, if you got the jewel in the grotto, your almost there!!! You need the Star of Penticus. When you finished the ritual, explore the grotto area further!! Look around, that should do it. Another room opens up.

MaJic @work....did you find the Eastern Rising Sun? I checked all three levels yesterday, head to the barracks. The sun is in the same place on all 3 levels. But, you need a key, the "My foot locker" That should do it for ya.
    If you can't find that key, let us know.

Radioman, if you got the star hidden in the grotto then the other star is in plain view in the chapel.

Hey Radioman.....what star DO you have? The Dakaruis.....or whatever it is..or the Star of Penticus.... It sounds like you already have the Star of Dakurius.....just curious

Is it even necessary to obtain both stars, since one of them can open both of the niches? I got them both anyway. They both serve some purpose in the next mission no doubt. I love how all the missions are closely linked by various objects, books, etc.

I think Jones will only give you the key if you have both stars.
    Incidentally, will we get to see more of Jones? A reincarnation maybe?
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Okay, I have the Star of (the one that begins with D!) Anyway, I got my answer by actually reading the posts I missed before One of those kick myself solutions.

Btw, I noticed that in the Water Retention facility the guard was a women. Was that on purpose? I got a good laugh out of that.

Okay, back to work.

suns...

Quote Originally Posted by MaJiC@work
    I'm playing thru the first time on Easy (with my 10 year old son). I know where to put the Suns but I can't even find them!
    Ok MaJiC check to see if you have: a key from the guard called footlocker key - then check the barracks

There's alot of legwork in this mission but its definitely worth it! GL

I can't seem to find the apex room key , even though I remember reading something about it being droped between some bricks .

Bdkl:

spoiler:
    you have to find Jones first, he gives you the key. Wasn't there something written about him being thrown in a jail?

spoiler:
    I'll have to check again . I thought Jones was the little fellow underground , so I wacked everybody in the jail to keep them quiet
    thanks

DOOH I know where it is now .

Mister Jones and me ...

if he's in jail is he the guy that runs away from his cell when he sees you ??
    i couldn't follow him at risk of having lots of mechanist on my backbut i went through where he went but i can 't find him anymore ...
    do i need the stars to go see him in jail ??

spoiler:
    Jones was in a cell but by the time you get there he's tunneled out. Look for the cell with the escape route. The other guy is just some poor sap. You don't need the stars to find him, just the cell key. He will, however, task you to find the stars

okkkkkk
    thanks buddy !!

back we go !!

You can make the cell key, or there are various ways to get to I. Jone's ghost. Explore everywhere in this mission. The cell is just one way.

I have the three big stars, but I can't find the twin stars?

I have the sunrise/sunset and the dec. stars and I need to find the twin stars. Do I just use the stars on the niches, or do I need to get the twins stars before?
    If anyone know this, I'd really appreciate it!!!!!
    Thanks

Thank you Belboz, for this amazing mission! My favorite part was where

spoiler:
    I popped out of a well and a glowing green spider ran away from me, on his spindly little spider legs, yelling "help he's going to get me!" nearly wet my pants laughing! Spiders are by far the scariest monster in any mission for me, so thanks for putting that in.

I agree SpiderKat,
    spoiler:
    when I came up from the well. And I heard voices, I slowly popped my head to see. And all I could see where spiders. Wait, I am hearing voices, I am looking for guards and whoever. OOOHHHH!!! TOO COOL!! It was such a suprise to see. I loved it. I liked the spider that sounded like benny too. But, of course the scardy servant spider was the best.
    Very clever Belboz.

Ok I have gotten the two suns. I have one star, and I performed the ritual. Never got a star but got some loot. Now when I go back to I. Jones then he says I have to do the tasks. Is there a star in that ritual area or is the loot supposed to be the "star"? If the loot is supposed to be the "star" what should I do because Jones says I still have to complete the tasks?

Bob, which Star do you have? The star of Penticus? Which you should have received after doing the ritual. There is an adjacent room near there, search around. The other star, Star of Dakurius, or however it is spelled, is on the second floor in the chrurch temple area.
    Let us know! good luck

I finally finished this mission on Hard the other night and I just want to say that it's terrific!! I got all but about 300g. of the loot and I had a blast exploring. I played it on Hard the first time through, because belboz' missions are always worth replaying at least once and usually many, many times.

I found a chunk of iron ore that went into my inventory. Is there something you can do with that or is it just junk?

I'm looking forward to starting over on Expert ASAP. Thanks for another terrific mission, belboz!

The iron ore was a alpha test item for alerting the AI and testing their flee points when AIAwareOfPlayer used, so the AI can't see Garrett, I just left it in as spill from the smelter, it has no value, except as something to distract the guards.

Missing loot is probably in the mine shafts, or factory area.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast