TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Rising suns?

I have only one rising sun. Where's the other? Can't remember where I found the first one. I go back with the two stars to Jones but he does nothing. Isn't he supposed to give me something after I get them?

IF you have the Eastern Rising Sun, you got that from the barracks, it is the same on all the levels. Depending on what difficulty your playing, the setting sun can be found either in the warehouse on expert, or in the train car on normal.

Where's the setting sun?

I'm playing on expert and went through all the warehouses again and couldn't find it. Where is the darn thing?

zonian -
    spoiler:
    You need to go back into the Gem Warehouse and search it again. You missed a small crate with a lid that opens in one of the storerooms in there. That's where you'll find the Western sunset.

I've finished the mission, but would like to go back and take care of a little "unfinished business..."

Anyway, here's what I need: I want to get into the Chief Architect's Office. I WANT IN!!! I tried all my keys and picks in the door. Then I went into the attic and tried all my keys and pics on a trap door up there. No luck. Any clues would be welcome. I did read the note that said where the Chief Architect would be when he's not in his office, but I think I KO'd everyone in the mission and didn't find him. (I had about 33 KOs, and backstabs for all of the spiders.)

Thanks for your help!

BTW, I just love the TTGM series! Can't wait for the next one. These missions definately play well with my style. (I'm not a ghoster, but like to be sneaky.)

lizanneh -
    spoiler:
    The chief Architect is in the Barracks, sound asleep. Go upstairs and down to the fancy door at the end of the hallway. He's in there, on the bed. The key is really hard to see, as it's partially tucked under him on the side towards the wall. You can also smash open the hatch in the attic floor and drop down through there. I did it that way the first time through.

I got into the architect's office through the trap door too, but had a bit of a time getting out. Just before I jumped down I thought, "Gee, maybe I should toss a box or two down there just in case." But I didn't think belboz would make a room that's impossible to get out of like that. Oh, I did eventually get out by stacking some bottles on the desk, but a spare key inside the office would've been nice.

Speaking of keys, how do you go about making the cell 1-4 key? I got the plans and when I run it through the signature machine in the office, it buzzes and the red light flashes. Then I put that on the machine downstairs and the same thing, but nothing happens. The directions say something about a stamp and a second signature but I can't see where to do any of that.

Other than being confused by the map a few times. (Pretty nifty how you show multiple floors in the same space) And falling down the chimney without any rope arrow... 'twas a pretty fun mission.

You have rope arrows when you start on every difficulty setting. To get out of the Architect's office, just shoot a rope arrrow into the edge of the hole that you jumped down through and climb out. It's very easy.

How to make the cell key -
    spoiler:
    Once you have the Keymaker's Form, take it to the Stamping Machine in the General Office. Put the form on the plate at the top end and a new form appears at the bottom end. Pick it up and go to the Workshop where you'll find the "Item Making Device". "Use" the completed form on the side slot and a door opens to reveal the key for cells 1-4.

Making Tracks

Wow, so many places to explore and so many that take extra searching to find an entrance. We have found a way into most places but one has us stumped. To the east of the forge is a storeroom. On the map it shows an additional area that we can't seem to find a way into. There is a door in the wall that doesn't highlight. There is a window high in the wall to the east of the engine but we can't seem to get up to it. Is this the way into that unexplored section? If so how do you get there. Also in one of the offices there was a scroll that listed allo kinds of equipment in a storage room. Is it in this place?

Making Tracks

Unbelievable!!!!!! Several people have praised the spiders and I agree they were really great, especially the "servant spider". But the part that really blew me away was the room with the hoard of zombies. I couldn't avoid them and accidentally ran back up the stairs in front of a couple, planning to shoot them from there. I don't know how to make a blue field for a spoiler so I won't say any more but if you haven't tried that, DO!!! It's a gas!!!!

I didn't realize you didn't know how to use the spoiler cover, Lynx67. When you are typing your answer and you want to hide something, look just above where you type and you'll see a row of little rectangles that say: http://, @, IMG, etc. the last one is "Spoiler". Just click on it and a little text box pops up in the upper left hand corner. Type the words you want hidden in there, when you're done, click OK and they'll appear in your post covered by the blue field. You can also just type {SPOILER} then the text, then {/SPOILER} (use [ and ] instead of the other brackets to make it work) and the text in between the two will be hidden by blue.

Making Tracks

OK, Nightwalker, I'm trying this out.
    spoiler:
    As the zombies followed us out and neared the big hammer they exploded all over the place. We had to clean up body parts so we could go back, wake up a few more, tease them into following us back past the nammer. We got rid of all the zombies without using a single holy water. Cute!

Now we need some more help. We have been swimming for what seems like hours and can't find where to put the water key. We picked it up in the place with the big blue disk on the wall, tried to put it on the silver plate in the corner but it didn't do anything. HELP!
    Last edited by Lynx67; 3rd May 2002 at 15:44.

Making Tracks

Addendum to my last question. We finally found the Grotto, did the ritual and got another star. We went back to I. Jones and got the tri-water key. I thought we had it made but we still can't go anywhere new. Neither of the water keys we have work in the room with the big blue disk on the wall or on the gate in the spider room. H-E-L-P!!!!!

The "water key" should work on the pedestal in the corner of the room where you found it. Are you "using" it, just like you would a regular key on a door?? When you use it
    spoiler:
    the wall opens up and allows you to go through into the dining room.

The tri-key that I. Jones gives you
    spoiler:
    you use on the pedestal beside the locked gate in the Old Miner's Village (which is where you are when you find I. Jones). Again, you "use" it on the plate on top of the pedestal, like a key or lockpick.

Making Tracks

Thanks Nightwalker, That was the answer but what happened to the great ending other people mentioned? We used the tri-water key and found it led to a room we had already gotten to early in the mission by another route and then when we used the other water key the mission ended as soon as we went through the gate. I guess we'll have to play it again on the expert level in order to see the big climax. Whatever, I would certainly recimmend this TM to everone. It was fantastic!!!

I'm not sure what "great ending" you were expecting, Lynx67. I think what was referred to in the other posts was
    spoiler:
    the talking, glowing spiders and the conversation with Death
    , though I can't be sure. I don't think you'll see anything different on Expert, though I haven't finished it yet on that difficulty so I can't say for sure. There's is another level in production to follow this one, so I'm sure it will probably start right from the spot where this one ends, or very close to it, judging by the other levels in the series.

I would like to make the cell key. I have the necessary form, but with only one signature. I need to locate the signing machine. I have found the stamping machine and the item making device. Any pointers to the signing machine? I am playing on expert. Thanks!

It's upstairs in the train workshop.

Making Tracks

Thanks so much for all the work that went into this TERRIFIC mission. Definitely as much fun as any of the Thief II standard missions (and more fun than a couple of them!) My only suggestion would have been a few more guards, with slightly more complex patrols. There was lots to do and lots to find out about, but not very many areas where I felt challenged to be super sneaky. Thats only a *reaaaally* small gripe - what I loved about this mission was how imaginative it was. The whole train yard thing! EXCELLENT.

aaarrrrrggghhhhh!! Making Tracks.Help!!

I am playing on normal and still cant find the second twin star...I found the star of
    Damascus or whatever in the office wall but I am stumped for the other one. I looked at my mission time and it is at 3 and a half hours!! Way to long...1.5 hrs have been spent just looking for the second star. I finished Calendras legacy in less time...Please help before I go bald......Thanks

I haven't played it yet on Easy, but I think it's probably in the same place.
    spoiler:
    Look on your map for the "platform". It's a raised platform at the side of the tracks that sits pretty much all by itself. When you find it, walk around behind it and you'll see a tunnel. Explore down there.
    We can't have you going bald, now can we??

Question on "Makin' Tracks"

Why can't I get the signature/stamp machines to work?

Also, I'm going to try again, but I may be back to ask where the devil are the "suns" (in general terms, of course).

Thanks!
    There is no try--Do, or Do Not

I have the bow upgrade
    Have you looked here?

If your question about the suns was not already asked, add it to the thread.

need help with Making Tracks

I am in the Apex room. I have both the Eastern Sunrise and Western Sunset, but the niches in the room will not accept them.

Are the niches are the white round openings next to each door?

John

Hey John, I had the same problem with this mission! Which niche!
    The silver looking niche, next to the doors, that you speak of, use your star's on them. The door will open. Walk in the room, you'll see a bed or sorts, up on the wall, above this bed, there is your niche.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 30th May 2002 at 23:41.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast